Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 17th 06, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Your opinion of Canon 400D

MarkČ (lowest even number here) wrote:

NOTE:
The true competition for the Nikon D80 is the Canon 30D...not the 400D.

They don't exaclty line-up model wise. Both Canon and Nikon have
settled on...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 18th 06, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
What's the Secret?

cjcampbell wrote:
You have to avoid temptation, too. No matter how interesting a picture
seems, if the light is bad, don't take the picture. Or at least never
show it to anybody.

Sage advice....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 06, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Canon EOS 350D replacement this year?

wrote:
Hi All

Been planning to get the 350D for a few months, but heard recently that

a new series of digital SLRs from major manufacturers may be released
this...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 1st 06, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Canon teleconverter compatibility

Warren wrote:
I have a Rebel XT with the EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM lens and will probably
get the new EF 70-200mm f4L IS USM lens when it arrives. Are there any
metering or AF compatibility...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 1st 06, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Need help spending $3000...

wrote:
Right now I'm thinking of getting the latest Digital Rebel (XTi), the
only wide-angle lens available for it (EF-S 10-22mm), and the best
standard zoom lens for...
Forum: Digital Photography September 1st 06, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Need help spending $3000...

wrote:
Right now I'm thinking of getting the latest Digital Rebel (XTi), the
only wide-angle lens available for it (EF-S 10-22mm), and the best
standard zoom lens for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 29th 06, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Canon finally makes an *f4* 70-200 IS...

default wrote:
I have one of the 70-300 IS f/4.0-5.6USM with the affected serial number. I
am extremely pleased with this lens anyway. It is so much better optically
than the Sigma 70-300mm...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 28th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Canon finally makes an *f4* 70-200 IS...

default wrote:
70-300IS has a portrait problem that was never resolved, and is not
nearly as sharp as an L.

The problem was resolved. See:
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 28th 06, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Canon finally makes an *f4* 70-200 IS...

AaronW wrote:

Why not the f/2.8? Or 100-400/4.5-5.6 IS, or 70-300/4-5.6 IS?

2.8 is heavier and (slightly) more expensive.

100-400 is not as sharp, and has a push/pull design that pulls in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 10th 06, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Poll: DNG for archive

John Francis wrote:

FWIW, Pentax have already introduced DNG support in the latest version
of their RAW conversion software. There are also hints that their next
camera (to be announced at...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 10th 06, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Poll: DNG for archive

Barry Pearson wrote:

If manufacturers started support DNG out of the camera, i'd use it
immediately.

Some do, and at least one has done so for over a year - so I guess you
mean "out of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 06, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
D80 details announced...

The SD cards I've tested are just as fast as CF cards, and most exceed the
capability of the camera to write to them at full speed. I think you must
have been unfortunate in your equipment...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 06, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
D80 details announced...

frederick wrote:
cjcampbell wrote:
frederick wrote:
http://www.nikon.com.my/pagearticle.php?pageid=91

Aside from auto ISO, more megapixels (definitely overdue!) and a bigger
LCD screen,...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13