Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Forum: Digital Photography March 5th 10, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
How does ISO setting work?

Le 05/03/10 22:11, David a écrit :
I know relatively little about the technical workings of digital
photography, and from what I have read here, some of you know a great deal.

I would like to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 28th 08, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 73
Posted By [email protected]
digital MP filesize vs output

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:40:49 -0500, wrote:

Marvin wrote:

And the fix is to crop the photo to the aspect ratio of the print.
Sometimes ... but...
Forum: Digital Photography October 27th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Marvin wrote:

And the fix is to crop the photo to the aspect ratio of the print.

Sometimes ... but often, that will ruin the composition. Then the only cure is
to matte the photo out so it all...
Forum: Digital Photography October 24th 08, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 142
Posted By [email protected]
Camera For Photographing Animals?

Allen wrote:
The great aunt said "They were
asleep, but Otto got out of the Land Rover and kicked them until they
woke up."

In spite of the fact that he survived,

I survived getting out...
Forum: Digital Photography October 23rd 08, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Photoshop question

Eric Miller wrote:
wrote in message

I've got a photo that needs Photoshopping. I have CS2.

It's a big panorama. The...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 08, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Photoshop question

I've got a photo that needs Photoshopping. I have CS2.

It's a big panorama. The center portion needs contrast enhancement and
the two ends don't. I know I need to make some sort of mask layer or...
Forum: Film & Labs October 22nd 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,soc.libraries.talk,rec.photo.film+labs
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Microfilm into wall size poster please??

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

NO copy, regardless of what it's done with is better than the original.

That's not true with old documents, because copies and use filtration
and even entirely...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,soc.libraries.talk,rec.photo.film+labs

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

NO copy, regardless of what it's done with is better than the original.

That's not true with old documents, because copies and use filtration
and even entirely...
Forum: Digital Photography October 19th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By [email protected]
18-200 Lens

Steve wrote:

LCA can be a problem but it can also be corrected fairly well by
software. However, except for the very bottom where you can see
purple and green fringe on top and below the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 19th 08, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By [email protected]
18-200 Lens

Steve wrote:

Where is the distortion and lack of sharpness in a photo like this
taken with a Nikon 18-200:

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/files/photo/gallery/photos/orig_14538_c9ca4.JPG
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 13th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 96
Posted By [email protected]
I wonder how Dpreview will handle....

David Kilpatrick wrote:

Why is it, then, that 80% of all editorial images sent to me by
professional photographers are set to 72dpi?

Who cares ... THIS IS A MEANINGLESS NUMBER!!!

What...
Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 69
Posted By [email protected]
My "Stepped-out" Panorama

Mark Thomas wrote:

I very much doubt that would help.

Phil, if you take a look at the partially stitched image he
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 3rd 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 68
Posted By [email protected]
My "Stepped-out" Panorama

Mark Thomas wrote:

I very much doubt that would help.

Phil, if you take a look at the partially stitched image he
Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 08, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Aa's Lens Compatability

Mark Thomas wrote:

David - have you *never* run out of power and been away from the right
charger?

No, I have no.

I have, on at least two occasions before I moved to all AA's.
Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 08, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Aspect ratio problem solved

David J Taylor wrote:
Dave Cohen wrote:
[]
The only thing I find a little puzzling is although text is
pretty good on both system, Ubuntu seems more crisp, probably a font
difference.
Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
free newsgroup service

Jack wrote:
Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th. Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup
service?

I had to switch, and am now...
Forum: Digital Photography September 30th 08, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Just looking for camera

wrote:

For some reason most people never even think of wide angle. They
only think telephoto, so that is what the manufacturer's sell.

When I was in the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 29th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 59
Posted By [email protected]
Does anyone know how much post processing goes on at DPreview?

RichA wrote:

It's plain to anyone who has used the lower end Nikons at all. I've
used the D40, 50, 60 and they are all like that. What's a low-end
Nikon without "Velvia" green?

Is this...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
batteries

James Silverton wrote:
David wrote on Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:51:03 GMT:

S wrote:
I have a Nikon DX camera, are the batteries used in them
subject to loss of charge if charged before...
Forum: Digital Photography September 20th 08, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Where's the limit?

Scott W wrote:

In fact making a sensor that had 14GP on a 24mmX36mm would not be that
hard, but would it be all that useful?

I put that number as a limit since at 14GP the pixel size...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 08, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Resolution

nospam wrote:
In article , Richard J
Kinch wrote:

Nyquist would disagree.
how so? his numbers look correct.
If...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 08, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Resolution

nospam wrote:
In article , Richard J
Kinch wrote:

Nyquist would disagree.
how so? his numbers look correct.
If...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 08, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Resolution

Richard J Kinch wrote:
ben brugman writes:

On that side and maybe here there is an incorrect assumpsion that 180
pixels a mm can resolve 90 linepairs a mm. This is not correct. 180
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 18th 08, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Lens Resolution

Richard J Kinch wrote:
ben brugman writes:

On that side and maybe here there is an incorrect assumpsion that 180
pixels a mm can resolve 90 linepairs a mm. This is not correct. 180
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 17th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 132
Posted By [email protected]
Canon 5D announced !

Maurice Blanchard wrote:
It was a poorly chosen link. There is much more information out there.

it was the only one available at 23:59 ET

I post another link a few min later with a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125