Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nick
Forum: Digital Photography August 8th 07, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By nick
Slide Show

wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestion for software to use to create a slide
show that will play in any PC?

Thanks

Google on "slowview"
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 07, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By nick
Pet "Red" Eye

How do I get rid of that opalescant look in dog and cat eyes
when using a flash? Red-eye reduction does not work, 'cause
they ain't red.

nick
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 07, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 67
Posted By nick
Canon A710 IS discontinued??

ASAAR wrote:

Please ignore this forged reply.

Please ignore this forged reply.

What am I missing here? Is this guy a duffus??
Does he/she respond to itself??
Forum: Digital Photography July 24th 07, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 67
Posted By nick
Canon A710 IS discontinued??

King Sardon wrote:
B&H and Adorama no longer list the Powershot A710 IS, and 17th Street
shows it as backordered.

Just t'other day I got one from Broadway Photo. It is in fact
gray markey,...
Forum: Digital Photography July 16th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By nick
Canon Camera Battery

Gino wrote:
As others have mentioned, Energizer Lithium AA's.

I carry a pair of the Energizer Lithium AA's as backup
in case I run thru my main batteries.

For my Canon A710 IS. I normally use a...
Forum: Digital Photography June 8th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By nick
I Need a new dial up ISP

Dave Cohen wrote:
irwell wrote:
My dial up ISP is going out of business, they want to transfer me to
PeoplePC. Can I do better on another dial up ISP?

Never used it, but I believe it's...
Forum: Digital Photography June 7th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By nick
Old lenses on DSLR

Yes, the singular is lens, and FLD is no moron nor a troll. He ususally
eschews using caps to make a point.

Actually (as in Really, for sooth) the singular "lense" is in use
in many...
Forum: Digital Photography May 19th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By nick
Best small home photo printer?

Mike Russell wrote:

I have a Selphy cp600 that I use both at home and when traveling.

Looking at more of a full-size printer capable of 4 up on an
8.5 x 11 sheet, as well as 8 x 10 shots on...
Forum: Digital Photography May 18th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By nick
Best small home photo printer?

wrote:

I've used an Epson Picturemate Deluxe for 18 months, and it's
producing great resuts - I'd recommend it.I also recently used my
father-in-law's Canon Selphy CP510 -
very compact,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 07, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By nick
Cropping Q

Bob Williams wrote:

If you have Photoshop, it is a piece of cake.
Select the Crop tool. Type in the Width and Height you want, i.e. 3x5",
in the boxes provided
Then type in the...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 07, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By nick
Cropping Q

My Trial and Strife insists on 3x5 prints for her photo
albums. I do the best I can using PSP to crop the shots,
then slide them into Photo Impressions to print four
prints in a grid. They come close...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By nick
What Do I Do With All This Stuff???

ASAAR wrote:
Ummm, and this is supposed to be helpful???

Thanks so much.

Now crawl back into your hole and go back to sleep.
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 07, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By nick
What Do I Do With All This Stuff???

nathantw wrote:
There are numerous companies that will convert your slides and negatives to
dvd.

I can do that myself. But then what do I have?? A bunch of DVDs with
a shelf life of what?? I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By nick
What Do I Do With All This Stuff???

Joseph Meehan wrote:

CD's and DVD's life span is maybe half of that of a slide or negative
and likely more than most prints.

Wow! Is that ever encouraging! I recently scanned about...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By nick
What Do I Do With All This Stuff???

So I am converting from film to digital. Cool.

I have many, many large boxes of Kodachrome and Ektachrome slides.

I have envelopes on envelopes of negatives too.

I have rolls of film from the old...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras February 11th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 5
Posted By nick
CanonA540 vs A630

Pat O'Connell wrote:

I like my A540, but the A630 might be worth your while. I'm not sure
whether the A630 simply requires more voltage or whether the extra cells
increase the time between...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras February 11th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 5
Posted By nick
CanonA540 vs A630

Looking for a p&s digital for use in travel photos
and family grandchildren shots. Have seen the A540
and the A630. Looks like the 540 has fewer AA batteries
and a slightly wider f stop range, while...
Forum: Digital Photography February 10th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By nick
Looking for Alternative to DSLR

Looked at a friend's Cannon PowerShot A630 today.
Takes AA batteries, has manual overrides for most settings,
can turn off the LCD to save batteries, has a 4x optical zoom.
May be the right one for...
Forum: Digital Photography February 10th 07, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By nick
Looking for Alternative to DSLR

Rudy Benner wrote:
You might consider a dSLR with a good quality zoom with IS/VR built in.
I use a Nikon D-50 with 18-200mm VR. A 12-24 in my pocket. Monopod.

Well yes, as I said earlier I...
Forum: Digital Photography February 10th 07, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By nick
Looking for Alternative to DSLR

Hey Y'all,

We have a ton of old Pentax glass for our two older
Pentax SLRs, and now we'd like to get into digital.
The obvious choice is one of the newest Pentax DSLRs,
but frankly I'm getting tired...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 06, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By nick
Moving to Digital -- Pentax??

I would like to move toward digital for a number of
reasons, mostly the ability to take lots of shots
and losing the baddies without "wasting" film.

But, I've got a ton of old Pentax glass, mostly...
Forum: Digital Photography August 7th 06, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By nick
What to do now?

Jim wrote:

Dear boy, these Canon FD lenses have not been mountable on the latest and
greatest Canon film cameras since the EOS line was introduced almost 20
years ago.

So is Pentax the only...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22