Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.73 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David J Taylor[_5_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 09, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 106
Hasselblad 56x42mm 60 mpix

Noons wrote:
[]
Because that is very simply what you a
yet another Usenet FOOL, who needs two lifts
to go up a building: one for the body, another
for the head.

Goodbye.
*plonk*
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 09, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 248
Canon - Nikon Observations

SMS wrote:
[]
It's a similar situation for the 18-200 lenses from each
manufacturer. The Nikon got dinged for distortion much more than the
Canon, as well as being dinged for the zoom setting...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 09, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 59
Nikon Wishlist

Steven Green wrote:
Well, I am sure Nikon frequents this group so I will just voice my
product development requests here.

I am a fan of primes and would really like to see more of them in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 09, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 248
Canon - Nikon Observations

measekite wrote:
[]
The big difference between Canon and Nikon is in lenses. Not that
you are going to get much better results with one over the other and
not that either has super large...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 09, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 103
D3 vs D700

Chris Malcolm wrote:
[]
If you want opinions you can rely on because of who says them then
it's a religion you want.

I always used to find that if Conrad Wilson (a music critic) said he
didn't...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 09, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Please! Make it stop!

tony cooper wrote:
[]
Where I have seen negative results from flash use in similar
situations, it's been with the crowd in the foreground. This is a
composition problem and not a flash...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 6th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 106
Hasselblad 56x42mm 60 mpix

J. Clarke wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
Noons wrote:
[]
It would also be great if you could cite
which dictionary, regardless of size,
says that topic = point.
Can't? Then you...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 6th 09, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 106
Hasselblad 56x42mm 60 mpix

Noons wrote:
[]
It would also be great if you could cite
which dictionary, regardless of size,
says that topic = point.
Can't? Then you should not be blowing
hot air about size of...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 09, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 06:36:07 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote
in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 09, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 06:38:31 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote
in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 5th 09, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 103
D3 vs D700

savvo wrote:
[]
Are you, then, suggesting the learning by deliberate tripping up of
students model? It seems Edinburgh really isn't what it used to be.

The best way of teaching is to make you...
Forum: Digital Photography January 5th 09, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
New Card Reader

Ron Hunter wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
[]
I appreciate that some might find them a little small, though.

David

The basic SD card is almost too small. The micro SD is definitely...
Forum: Digital Photography January 5th 09, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
New Card Reader

Dudley Hanks wrote:
[]
I know what you mean, David. My Rebel XSi uses SD cards, as does my
Powershot A720. Like you say, they are a bit on the petite side, but
I don't worry nearly as much...
Forum: Digital Photography January 5th 09, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
New Card Reader

Dudley Hanks wrote:
[]
In addition to screwing up some pins on a couple of CF based devices,
I've also bent some on a VGA monitor or two. I can vouch for how
expensive the repairs are... ...
Forum: Digital Photography January 5th 09, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 103
D3 vs D700

Stephen Bishop wrote:
[]
In spite of the bad rap the 18-200 gets from purists, I have to say
that it is capable if some nice and sharp images. No, I don't have
one, but I've seen what it can...
Forum: Digital Photography January 5th 09, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

J. Clarke wrote:
[]
If the TV has an SD-card slot then whatever the designers of the TV
wanted to happen will happen. Connections between internal parts of
the TV are entirely under the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 5th 09, 08:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
I am designing photo software and I need advice & feedback. Thank you.

wrote:
Hello,

The primary goal of my software will be to help the user find his or
her photos from the thousands of photos on their hard drive.

Do you feel that...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
New Card Reader

On 2009-01-04, David J Taylor
[]
On first thoughts, yes, that's what I would do as well. If you do
break off the pin, Dell might send you a replacement, as it's under
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

J. Clarke wrote:
[]
How do the images get from the CD/DVD to the screen? That's the
problem. Standard DVD players have NTSC composite, S-Video, or
Component outputs. NTSC composite and...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

HEMI - Powered wrote:
[]
David, the term "quality" and the other one "good quality" do have
quantitative definitions. But, to many people, perhaps most, I
don't know, what is "good quality" is...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
New Card Reader

On 2009-01-04, David J Taylor
wrote:
savvo wrote:
[]
My one month old Dell PC, awaiting surgery to repair...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

HEMI - Powered wrote:
David J Taylor added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

HEMI - Powered wrote:
[]
But, to the OP's main question, I imagine they could answer...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

HEMI - Powered wrote:
[]
Really, who cares? If it looks good to you, and it looks good to
your friends, what difference does any of this make? Please see the
longer rant at the end.
[]
David,...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

HEMI - Powered wrote:
[]
[comments on corrections and composition]

Yes, I take all your points, but as an ex-slide photographer and, perhaps,
a somewhat impatient person at times, I like to get...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

HEMI - Powered wrote:
[]
I can't see how it matters how a camera "sees" a pixel internally.
By the time I get to see it on my PC, it IS a normal 3-byte tuple,
so a given number of MP is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125