Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Blinky the Shark
Forum: Digital Photography January 25th 09, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Do we still need rec.photo.digital?

Alfred Molon wrote:

Since for practical purposes all photography is digital nowadays (except
for a tiny minority who still uses film).

It would make sense to restructure rec.photo.*

Forum: Digital Photography January 24th 09, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Blinky the Shark
|GG| Opinions: Can I use my old Nikon lenses on a new Nikon digital camera?

Paul Furman wrote:

Jürgen Exner wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
If the lens won't meter on the camera, that means you can't even look
at the meter & adjust, you'll just...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 09, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Why No Bulb or Cable Release Socket?

jim evans wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 02:26:25 -0000, "Bruce"
wrote:

Look at Page 122 of your manual.

Yes, I understood you could buy a special accessory....
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Toss out your 500mm lenses

Wally wrote:

A news article that appeared today advises that "clunky telephoto lenses"
could soon be a thing of the past. The story lumps phone cameras and long
teles together as giving lousy...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 09, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Camera search problem

Dave Cohen wrote:

That's nothing to do with Canon, you wouldn't use an optical viewfinder
for macro on any camera.

I sure do.

Let's have a show of hands, here...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 09, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Camera search problem

David J Taylor wrote:

You might also consider adapting a hand-held slide viewer as a sort of
"LCD" viewer for the back of an LCD-only camera.

Less of a kluge would be an LCD loupe. Here's...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 84
Posted By Blinky the Shark
What's the best photo editor for non-professional?

GregS wrote:

I have used Ulead Photo impact for this. I have been using an old version
of that for a long time. My version does not work well with newer
opperating systems, but I'm sure the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 09, 07:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 38
Posted By Blinky the Shark
IrfanView or FastStone?

Terry Pinnell wrote:

John Navas wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 16:02:37 +0000, Terry Pinnell
wrote...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 09, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 32
Posted By Blinky the Shark
New DSLR user and need advice on Zoom Lenses...

The Henchman wrote:

A photo store near me stocks a 18-105 mm Nikkor VR. F/3.3-5.6G AF-S ED VR
DX. Basic research suggests that this is the same current "kitted" lens
with D90s. The lens...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 26th 08, 09:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Finally Bought My Digital SLR

Paul Furman wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:

In a few years you can get the new D700z with 48mp for $300 :-) -with
3D holographic re-positioning off the raw files...
Forum: Digital Photography December 26th 08, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 346
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

Jürgen Exner wrote:

wrote:
Yes but making it impossible to download the Nikon RAW files without
Nikon software is a petty sneaky thing to do in order to make a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 26th 08, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Paul Furman wrote:

In a few years you can get the new D700z with 48mp for $300 :-) -with 3D
holographic re-positioning off the raw files g

Hey, I have that now with my D90. Granted, I have...
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 08, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Announcing the rele.....

Pete D wrote:

"Blinky the Shark" wrote in message
Paul Bartram wrote:

"John McWilliams"...
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 08, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 396
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Camera Card Reader

Allen wrote:

David J Taylor wrote:
Allen wrote:
Vista vs. the rest?
Well, for a start:
Totally non-intuitive, in many ways, compared to Win XP and 98.

Yes, I agree it's...
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 08, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Announcing the rele.....

Paul Bartram wrote:

"John McWilliams" wrote

But surely rpd denizens know that many have 'done' Niagara and lived to
tell, although some with brain damage (may have...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 22nd 08, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Just bought a Nikon D40! Now what?

Humm wrote:

Like What?
CMOS sensor,

Is that really a plus for the user, or it it cost-saving by the
manufacturer?

--
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 22nd 08, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2

RichA wrote:

And they actually handle these cameras?? Paraphrase: "Some will be upset
that it lacks dual CF card slots, like the Nikon D300 has..."

I've read two magazine camera reviews this...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 19th 08, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Just bought a Nikon D40! Now what?

Father Guido Sarducci wrote:

In message , "Humm"
said:

I will keep it for a
chuck around camera.

A Nerf football is cheaper. ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 19th 08, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Just bought a Nikon D40! Now what?

Mr Microphone wrote:

Ken Rockwell convinced me to buy the D40. After a week of playing with it
I can see why. It does everything I want plus wash my socks, feed the dog
and tell the wife I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 08, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Blinky the Shark
I think we should leave this group for P&S's

HEMI-Powered wrote:

Blinky the Shark added these comments in the current discussion du jour

Sayonara - don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!
Actually, the 'rec'...
Forum: Digital Photography December 18th 08, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Blinky the Shark
I think we should leave this group for P&S's

Blinky the Shark wrote:

ray wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:58:54 -0500, RichA wrote:

I know it's "digital" which encompasses all the cameras, but the
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems...
Forum: Digital Photography December 18th 08, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

ray wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:58:54 -0500, RichA wrote:

I know it's "digital" which encompasses all the cameras, but the
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems is more suited to DSLRs and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 17th 08, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Blinky the Shark
B & H Poto & Electronics Corp.

John McWilliams wrote:

henryp wrote:
Looking to pick up a D-60 from them any feedback appreciated thanks
Bill;2053192 Wrote:
B&H Photo and Electronics and B&H Photo Video appear to be...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 14th 08, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 38
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Camera Storage

Focus wrote:

"Steven Green" wrote in message
I am considering the D90 and D300, leaning toward the D300.
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 50
Posted By Blinky the Shark
Images on SmugMug

John McWilliams wrote: