Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Beefy LaSleep
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 1st 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
film storage - fridge or freezer?

I usually store in the fridge, but read about those that put film in
the freezer. OK for it? More suited to long term storage? I've not had
any problem with cold storage in the fridge part in the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 4th 09, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
35mm

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:36:18 GMT, "K W Hart"
wrote:

Has anyone ever considered where they come up with these film names? To me,
one sounds like female anatomy and the other...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 3rd 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
35mm

OK, let's talk film

Velvia or Provia?

Generally I use Velvia, but for some shots, especially for those I
scan, I thought I read where Provia has advantages. They are both
excellent films, but do...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 25th 09, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 79
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
Film nod in a movie

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:49:36 -0500, "bowzer" wrote:
..

Sounds like another science fiction movie.

I loved the finale of "Six Feet Under" (for many reasons, actually).
In her...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 23rd 09, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
|AX| Let's talk tripods

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:01:31 -0800, Paul Furman
wrote:

Are you sure you can get carbon fiber for $200?
I went with a Gitzo basalt 1298 which is cheaper, lighter, smaller &...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 22nd 09, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
Let's talk tripods

Having an older (and heavier) Manfrotto which does get to be a chore
when treking it on nature shoots, I have thought about selling it off
and looking for carbon fiber in the affordable range. That...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 20th 09, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 53
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
Any sites which show comparisons between film and digital?

Thanks to all (thus far) for a good heated discussion, and links to
examples. It's nice to see Usenet still does have some merit ;)

I'll look the results over for myself.

I only have a P&S...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 19th 09, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 53
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
Gear for Antarctica

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 22:38:01 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

Douglas Johnson wrote:
It looks like I am going to be heading a very long ways south. I would
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 19th 09, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 53
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
Any sites which show comparisons between film and digital?

I'd imagine there must be...

Got in a conversation with a friend over whether either truly
outshines the other, and I asked if he had taken any identical shots,
one film, the other digital. While he...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 19th 09, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 44
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
Report: Film still available

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:15:39 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

And a bit pricey. Not to mention rude, arrogant and service adverse.

Last time I went to look for...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 18th 09, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 44
Posted By Beefy LaSleep
Report: Film still available

Gee, for the San Francisco Bay Area, I would think film not to be a
problem. I travel the area a lot, so getting to Palo Alto is easy, and
Keeble & Schuchat is one of the biggest/professional stores...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11