Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Doug Jewell[_3_]
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 3rd 10, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 52
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Ektar 100 Revisited

Michael Benveniste wrote:
A couple of months ago, the claim was made here that the 'usual
"daylight/tungsten" rule doesn't apply' to Ektar 100. I was curious
about this claim, so I decided to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 27th 10, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 38
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Why Pentax dumped the aging CF card

Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-03-27 7:19 , Neil Ellwood wrote:

Finally, we heard complains from several photographers about
bended pin issues with CF cards that, considering the main...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 20th 10, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Then end of FF bulk?

ron_tom wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:26:00 +1000, Doug Jewell
wrote:

Rich wrote:
I'll believe this claim when I see it.

Forum: Digital Photography February 20th 10, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 10
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
How to fix tiny tear in camera bag before it widens?

Better Info wrote:

snip lots of useful stuff
Bonus points for reading: What's the most reactive solvent in the world?
And no, it's not sulphuric, nitric, phosphoric, nor hydrochloric acid....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 20th 10, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Then end of FF bulk?

Rich wrote:
I'll believe this claim when I see it.

http://www.eoshd.com/entry.php?29-Panasonic-engineer-reveals-workings-of-
GH2-dual-exposure-sensor

Here are the key points:

*...
Forum: Digital Photography February 20th 10, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 10
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
How to fix tiny tear in camera bag before it widens?

Better Info wrote:

Polypropylene is one of the more difficult plastics to glue. The adhesive
for rubberized compounds (as in a bike-tire repair kit) will have no effect
on poly plastics. Not...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 31st 10, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 270
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Anyone still shoot film?

Bill Graham wrote:

How do you dispose of your fixer in those places where it is illegal to
pour it down the drain? Is there some way to recycle it? and what do
"they" do with it after...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 09, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Japanese missing fantastic opportunity

RichA wrote:
Interchangeable sensors, but not the lenses. Just imagine a DSLR with
a sensor in a pack you could change like a cartridge. The accessory
sales would be huge because everyone...
Forum: Digital Photography November 4th 09, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Curious about cable release

Bob Larter wrote:
Dudley Hanks wrote:
I'm guessing this has more than just simple switches as well.

The standard Canon DSLR cable-release is two simple leaf-switches.

Nowadays,...
Forum: Digital Photography October 25th 09, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 49
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Jupiter

Look! Another Troll! wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 23:56:56 +1000, Noons wrote:

Outing Trolls wrote,on my timestamp of 24/10/2009 9:24 PM:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 6th 09, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Rumors of D-Mac's Demise Greatly Exaggerated!!

On 2009-10-03 17:14:45 -0700, Larry Thong
said:

It seems he's been spotted in...
Forum: Digital Photography September 6th 09, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
New Open-source Camera Could Revolutionize Photography

Chris H wrote:
In message
s.com, Rich writes

Charles wrote:
ScienceDaily (Sep. 4, 2009) 0 ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 28th 09, 09:46 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 11
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Depth perception and contrasting colours

Jeff R. wrote:
I have long enjoyed stereo photography, in cross-eyed and parallel
free-view, anaglyph through coloured glasses and cross-polarised
projections.

I was interested to see...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 27th 09, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Does anyone make a small-sized full frame DSLR?

RichA wrote:

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"Bob G" wrote:

Does anyone make a small-sized full frame DSLR or is there one in the
works?
The 5D2 isn't enormous....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 25th 09, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Brand of Flatbed Scanner

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"Bowser" wrote:
"Mike -- wrote:
The only brand I saw mentioned was the Epson,
and the only models the V500 and V700, with the
V500 strongly...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 16th 09, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
August 16, 2009

Annika1980 wrote:
http://www.mendosus.com/photography/doug.html

Still up, Douggie! What's up with that?
I notice he has disappeared again. Probably because they
don't offer internet access...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 13th 09, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 55
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
August 10, 2009

tony cooper wrote:

So what's the great peril here? I haven't followed the beginning of
this, but - as I understand it - Doug claimed to have taken a series
of photographs while walking and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 9th 09, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 52
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR JEFF RALPH AND ANY OTHER IMAGE THIEVESWITH MY PROPERTY

The pixel Bandit wrote:

*Last warning:*
Get rid of that part of your website that contains copyright material
belonging to me that you are using in a derogatory manner intended to
damage...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 7th 09, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 52
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR JEFF RALPH AND ANY OTHER IMAGE THIEVESWITH MY PROPERTY

Jeff R. wrote:

Jeff R.
(63 hours and 53 minutes to go, and counting...)
about 40 hours now... oh the suspense!
My guess...
D-Mac will disappear for 3 months or so like he has done so
many times...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 27th 09, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
I can't believe I did this. Did you ever do anything this dumb?

Bill Graham wrote:

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 10:52 pm, "Ric Trexell"...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 27th 09, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
I can't believe I did this. Did you ever do anything this dumb?

Ric Trexell wrote:
I was shooting a friend and his wife today and kept thinking that I was
forgeting something. I checked the meter, the focus and all that, but
couldn't think of anything. ...
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 09, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 109
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
1st D-SLR Advice Please

nospam wrote:
In article , Chris H
wrote:

and
Olympus (spit) for abandoning their OM users when they went digital.
The...
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 09, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 109
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
1st D-SLR Advice Please

Chris H wrote:

Going with Canon or Nikon (BTW both God and I use a Nikon, the Devil and
Heretics use Canon :-)
What a lot of garbage. God uses a Pentax LX and a Leica M3
for 35mm, but...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 23rd 09, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
Canon's new "hybrid" IS

John A. wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:49:11 +1200, Me wrote:

Looks interesting - especially the comments re working with macro systems.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 18th 09, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By Doug Jewell[_3_]
How many of you still use filters?

Alan Browne wrote:
Doug Jewell wrote:

I also have and use warming and cooling filters in a couple of
different levels, that I mainly use with colour film.

I will sometimes use the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125