Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dennis Pogson
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dennis Pogson
How often do new cameras come out

Ken wrote:
Wondering whether to take the plunge or hang back for a month or two
in case anything new comes out that better matches my needs?

Ken

Better to wait a month or two. Then repeat...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 08, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Film scanners anyone?

Paul Bartram wrote:
"Ali" wrote

I still use a film scanner. Put it on EBay, you maybe surprised.

I'm sure Ted intended to, and it would fetch enough to be worth the
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 08, 09:41 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Dennis Pogson
EXIF data - What do you learn?

tony cooper wrote:
This link:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/cooper213/rockexif.jpg
is to an image with the exif data (from Irfanview) superimposed on it.

I just walked out the door...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 08, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Panasonic Fz18: whatąs your opinion?

wrote:
Hi all,

I am considering upgrading from my compact Casio Ex v7 to a more
advanced cameras; I'd like a bigger zoom and better image quality, but
I'm afraid I...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 08, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Dennis Pogson
ordering prints online using Corel Photo Album 6.0

Jan wrote:
is there any way to order prints online using Corel Photo Album 6.0
and and choosing a different service as the embedded kodak service?

Why choose a different service?

DP
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Advice on peripherals

John E wrote:
I'm in the UK hence prices in Pounds sterling.

I have recently bought a DSLR. No, I'm not going to tell you which
one it is, because you will just laugh at me. Oh, O.K. it is a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 08, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Nikon D80 Dark or Underexposed Photos

wrote:
I just bought a Nikon D80 DSLR. I have taken 35mm photos for years
using my 1979 vintage Nikon FE. I decided it was time to go digital
so I bought the D80. I've...
Forum: Digital Photography December 21st 07, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Canon Powershot A570 IS question

wrote:
Hi. I have the image stabilization feature (IS) set to continuous and
the annoying hand icon appears on the right hand side of the lcd's
display. Any way to get rid of...
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Building a digital copy stand

Robert Sneddon wrote:
I'm wanting to build myself a copy stand to take clean pictures of
paper and book pages. Scanners don't do a good job with bound books,
especially paperbacks with solid...
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Panasonic FZ 30 with Speedlight 199A

blackwolf wrote:
I own a FZ30 and a Speedlight 199A. According to
http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html the trigger voltage is
safe (4.9V) and both work OK, but only once. After the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 07, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Wanted: Software to Find Duplicate Image Files on Hard Drive

jimbok wrote:
On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 19:18:07 -0800 (PST), HKEK
wrote:

I am looking for software that can eliminate dulplicate image files
on my hard drive.
Any...
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 07, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Help: Transferring pics from Canon G2 to Windows XP PC

Searcher7 wrote:
On Dec 1, 7:52 am, Dave Cohen wrote:
Searcher7wrote:
I have a Canon PowerShot G2 that I haven't used in a long time.

I've taken some pics with it...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 07, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Panasonic FZ-18 v LX-2 v TZ-3

AKT wrote:
I know they are very different cameras, but I am using this question
as an excuse to think aloud to myself and also to learn how you feel
about what is important in an "only...
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 07, 10:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Dennis Pogson
US price v Uk price

Lew wrote:
"Marty Fremen" wrote in message
"/\\BratMan/\\" wrote:

I see this: Nikon today updated...
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 07, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Buying A Camera

wrote:
Dear All

Now I am rounded up in a camera "Panasonic Lumix FZ50", which cost Rs.
26000.00 in India........
01. Can any one suggest the performance of this...
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Scanner for photos and film

Cams wrote:
I'd like to go through my shoe boxes of photos and negatives and
digitize them all. I'm looking for advice on the best way of going
about this.

I'm looking to scan everything,...
Forum: Digital Photography November 18th 07, 10:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Is Lumix Leica real Leica?

John Navas wrote:
I've now found what would seem to be the definitive story.
The original page is missing (for the moment at least),
but is archived...
Forum: Digital Photography November 17th 07, 10:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Where are the BEST Point and Shoot Photos ?

wrote:
On Nov 16, 10:47 pm, Douglas wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:08:52 -0800, dumbtroll wrote:
On Nov 16, 8:40?pm, ...
Forum: Digital Photography November 16th 07, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Ideal travel camera...

David J Taylor wrote:
AKT wrote:
Please advise on a pocketable cameras with good color, good IQ, and
these features:

1. 28 or wider lens
2. decent telephoto (200+ ?)
3. Aperture...
Forum: Digital Photography November 15th 07, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 95
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Olympus Point and Shoot out performs DSLRs

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message ...
Douglas wrote:
[]
A 4 year old (broken)...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 14th 07, 10:10 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 86
Posted By Dennis Pogson
More Panasonic P&S perfection

agro D-Mac wrote:
The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most
people will ever need. Total cost?...
Forum: Digital Photography November 14th 07, 10:10 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

agro D-Mac wrote:
The Panasonic FZ50 alone is an excellent camera. Couple it to a Metz
flashgun and you really have just about as good a combination as most
people will ever need. Total cost?...
Forum: Digital Photography November 12th 07, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Monopod - Bigest bang for the buck!!!

fordcrew wrote:
What is the best featured, most durable, easiest, and quickest to
operate monopod for the $$, on the market?...
Forum: Digital Photography November 8th 07, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Dennis Pogson
Which Brand is the best for print quality HP, Brother, Canon, Epson, and or Oki Data?

Tyler W. wrote:
I have a brother printer right now and it makes descent prints but
it's
a cheap printer it's a Brother MFC-210C but the only other printer I
have used I can't really compare...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 07, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By Dennis Pogson
zoom vs reolution

tim fm ct wrote:
Hi,
I'm in the process of replacing my Minolta Dimage Z1 (3.1MP) It
takes very good pictures BUT I just can live with the focusing
problems when taking pictures of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125