Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 3.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Russell
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 08, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,alt.photography
Replies: 54
Posted By Mike Russell
How to remove crease from photo?

Here's my version, mainly using the dodge tool to lighten the dark areas:
http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/SavageDuck/

Nice image, BTW. I wish I had one like this of my grandfather and father.
--...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 08, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop,adobe.photoshop.windows,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
Replies: 36
Posted By Mike Russell
How can I remove all white pixels?

wrote in message
I am trying to remove all white pixels from a monochrome (black and
black)...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 08, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike Russell
Pixel blooming in Google Earth

"Jeff R." wrote in message
I happened upon these two rather impressive blown highlights in Google
Earth, at:

Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 08, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike Russell
Film scanners anyone?

"Ted Gibson" wrote in message
Does anyone use dedicated film scanners anymore? I have a Minolta
Dimage Scan Elite...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 08, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Russell
Statue of Liberty with the Sigma 170-500

"Cynicor" wrote in message
I dropped friends off at EWR tonight, and tested the sharpness of my Sigma...
Forum: Digital Photography December 18th 07, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Mike Russell
D80 histogram vs histogram on computer

Back to the OP's question. I'd be interested in knowing why the upper edge
of the D80's histogram should be so different from the one shown in the
editing software, and the responses so far are...
Forum: Digital Photography December 17th 07, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Russell
Color Filter Array Web Page Grows

Thanks, John. Interesting reading.

I'm a fan of the "random array", which I have not heard discussed anywhere,
other than in Robert Cook's Distributed Resampling paper circa 1984.
--
Mike Russell...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 13th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Richard Karash" wrote in message

I'm using the Zoomify export in CS3 Mac Leopard. Mostly, everything is
going...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 12th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike Russell
Seeking Consistent Color -- CS3, Zoomify export

"Richard Karash" wrote in message

I'm using the Zoomify export in CS3 Mac Leopard. Mostly, everything is
going smoothly.

Forum: Digital Photography November 5th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Mike Russell
Reluctant Wedding Photographer

"Juan Moore Beer" wrote in message
My niece has asked me to be her wedding photographer, and it is giving me
nightmares.

Good...
Forum: Digital Photography October 27th 07, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 101
Posted By Mike Russell
Full Moon Handheld

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" wrote in
message ...
I finally had a night with a steady atmosphere, so I
tried imaging the full...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 07, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Russell
Epson Stylus Photo 750 - Color Calibration

On Sep 21, 9:52 pm, BRH BRH wrote:
Can anyone provide me with a link to download the ICC Profile (if one
exists) for the Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer?

I know it's a...
Forum: Digital Photography September 20th 07, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Russell
odd output for an epson 3000 nozzle check

"cruzer" wrote in message
I have an epson 3000 and hadn't used it in months. I knew I had to do
a lot of cleaning...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Russell
People who visited Angkor Wat - 35 to 105 or 35 to 420 mm for pictures.

"asdf3b" wrote in message
Hi! I have two point and shoot cameras - one with 35 to 105 lens
[Coolpix...
Forum: Digital Photography August 26th 07, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Russell
Espon 2200 tire tracks

Bill wrote:

Hello,
This afternoon I am printing some snaps on Fuji Premium Plus glossy
paper. The last rollers in the printer that touch the print on its way
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 07, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.golf,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 151
Posted By Mike Russell
JUST ANOTHER NIGHT AT THE OLD BALLYARD!

Good for you! Excellent pix as well.

If selling your old car won't get you up to a Mk III, perhaps you should
sell the new one instead :-)
--
Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 07, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

"Marvin" wrote in message
wrote:
Does anyone here use an all in one printer? (scanner, copier, fax) If
so, are...
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Russell
[OT] Invisible water!!!!

On 2007-08-09 13:57:43 -0400, "Michael J. Astrauskas"
said:

Mike...
Forum: Digital Photography August 9th 07, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Russell
Invisible water!!!!

"Sosumi" wrote in message
Coming from a guy who has posted nothing then reactions and even then off
topic.
Exactly like...
Forum: Digital Photography August 9th 07, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Russell
Invisible water!!!!

"dj_nme" wrote in message
"Sameera" wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 07, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Russell
How to remember: which directories on the card are backed up?

On Aug 5, 7:50 pm, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
One idea which comes to mind is to have a special small JPEG file
("backed up" icon) which can be copied to the backed...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 07, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Russell
Epson print problem

Conrad wrote in news:1186318534.605010.238750
@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R380 printer. When printing Black and
White photos, 4x6 Best and...
Forum: Digital Photography August 5th 07, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Mike Russell
Is HDR really photography?

"Allen" wrote in message
My point is that anyone with such a problem spelling of with using proper
grammar has probably...
Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 07, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike Russell
Never mind megapixels, we need gigapixels

That's a fascinating image.

Here's one on a smaller scale, a microscope slide that is just over one
terrapixel.
http://shorterlink.com/?2CKWCU
--
Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com
Forum: Digital Photography July 31st 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

"Bill Tuthill" wrote in message
Mike Russell -move wrote:

I can usually tell which is which - there's a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125