Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul[_10_]
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 20, 04:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Replies: 59
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Google Photos will end its free unlimited storage on June 1st,2021

nospam wrote:
In article , Paul
wrote:

Ugh. Is there a list of USB HDDs that have and don't have SATA interfaces?
check the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 20, 04:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Replies: 59
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Google Photos will end its free unlimited storage on June 1st,2021

Ant wrote:
In comp.mobile.android nospam wrote:
In article , Ant
wrote:

For a while Best...
Forum: Digital Photography November 12th 20, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Replies: 59
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Google Photos will end its free unlimited storage on June 1st,2021

Arlen Holder wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 19:15:24 -0800, Brutus wrote:

By the by Costco has a special for a Seagate 8TB outboard hard drive for $119.99....

Funny thing you mention the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 20, 12:28 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Google Pixel 5 camera and photos issues

The Real Bev wrote:
On 10/21/2020 11:36 AM, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:52:42 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

With ES File Explorer I created a 'shortcut' for the subdirectory...
Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 20, 07:58 AM Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Confirm DCIM folder replace "This destination already containsa folder named DCIM" [x]Do this for all current items [[Yes]][Skip][Cancel]

Arlen Holder wrote:
https://i.postimg.cc/zfYSK9vx/skip01.jpg

"Confirm folder replace"
"This destination already contains a folder named DCIM"
[x]Do this for all current items...
Forum: Digital Photography June 29th 20, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Microsoft's new free Windows File Recovery command-line tool retrieves deleted files

Peter Jason wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 17:55:41 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder
wrote:

Dateline today...

o *Microsoft's new free "Windows File Recovery"...
Forum: Digital Photography June 17th 20, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 30
Posted By Paul[_10_]
How do you edit an icon in one of the Windows system DLLs?

Mayayana wrote:

It wouldn't be possible to edit an icon in a system file
due to permissions.

Think how much an OS hates it when you do that :-)
Windows File Protection, signed system files...
Forum: Digital Photography June 9th 20, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 48
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Second opinion requested! Does anyone else get a warning? (was - Oops! (Was - '3D'))

David_B wrote:
On 06/06/2020 19:05, nospam wrote:
In article , John McWilliams
wrote:

Malicious link is blocked ......
Forum: Digital Photography May 8th 20, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Windows "camera" application

dale wrote:
Hi,

I am using the Windows "camera" application to make videos on my laptop.

For some reason the resolution comes out parse.

Any solution to this? Or is it just the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 26th 20, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul[_10_]
some simple video edits

dale wrote:
On 4/26/2020 5:11 AM, Arlen Holder wrote:

I do not know about editing. However, VLC still has the capability to
Forum: Digital Photography April 26th 20, 10:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul[_10_]
some simple video edits

Arlen Holder wrote:

I do not know about editing. However, VLC still has the capability to
convert .mp4 to .ogg. Actually, VLC can...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 19, 09:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Kill-filing nospam - addenda

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 19:08:26 -0500, Char Jackson
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 12:54:52 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 19, 11:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Kill-filing nospam - addenda

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 12:06:16 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

After a year of increasingly bizarre arguments with nospam I have
finally decided to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 29th 18, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Cropping 50 images to the same bottom left corner

George P wrote:
I need to crop 50 Windows screen shots to the bottom left corner.
The initial screen shots were taken with Irfanview on Windows.
I can't do them again as the conditions have...
Forum: Digital Photography March 3rd 18, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

On 2018-03-03 15:35, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
In message , Alan
Browne writes:
On...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 18, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Ken Blake wrote:

"Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea"
http://www.pugetsystems.com/articles?&id=29

Yikes. I only googled and saw that...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 18, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

nospam wrote:
In article , Ken Blake
wrote:

I've bought a new terabyte disk, and now have two terabyte disks side by
Forum: Digital Photography February 27th 18, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

nospam wrote:
In article , ultred
ragnusen wrote:

The whole saga is over and done with since Microsoft can't recover...
Forum: Digital Photography February 27th 18, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Paul wrote:

I had another think about this, and the first question I've
got is

What utility is this ? "Finished" box.

Forum: Digital Photography February 25th 18, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Paul wrote:

Once I burn the ISO to a disk will it be 'bootable' or will additional
action be required first?
It requires dancing a jig...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Paul wrote:

Once I burn the ISO to a disk will it be 'bootable' or will additional
action be required first?
It requires dancing a jig...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

David B. wrote:
On 24/02/2018 08:07, Mike S wrote:

You can do a startup repair and then a complete 10 repair install with
a free w10 dvd (you d/l the iso for).

w10 disk image
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Paul wrote:

I'll read up s'more on ddrescue. Thanks. We should probably take this out
of the r.p.d ng because it's off topic so I'll post a...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general

ultred ragnusen wrote:

I'll read up s'more on ddrescue. Thanks. We should probably take this out
of the r.p.d ng because it's off topic so I'll post a separate thread.

If you have something...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

nospam wrote:
In article , Wolf K
wrote:

If your system can't recognise the drive, you'll have to take it to a
tech shop that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64