Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Graham Fountain
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 1st 07, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Graham Fountain
Prospecting in the mangroves is for the birds

"Ryadia" wrote in message
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/prospecting.htm

The shoreline around Moreton Bay is basicly mangroves.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 29th 07, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 63
Posted By Graham Fountain
Photo for today - 29th May, 2007

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On May 29, 5:35 am, wrote:
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 29th 07, 10:05 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Graham Fountain
State of Origin Pics

"Colin_D" wrote in message
Graham Fountain wrote:

Dunno about the monopod, there's no appreciable shake that I can see...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 28th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Graham Fountain
State of Origin Pics

Managed to score a ticket to last Wednesday night's State of Origin[1]
opening match at Suncorp Stadium, so took the trusty MZ60 and Tamron
70-300/4-5.6 along with some Fuji 800 film.
The results...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 4th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By Graham Fountain
Buying new SLR(film)35mm...advice

"Pudentame" wrote in message
Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Ravindra" wrote.
I recently...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 1st 07, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By Graham Fountain
B&W problems

"TheDave©" wrote in message
For reasons that I can't pin down, I'm struggling with b&w film
exposure. I'm using mostly Ilford 400. The...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 25th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 53
Posted By Graham Fountain
We don' need no stiinkin' Kodachrome. We got jets, man, we got jets.

On a slightly similar note, in cases where I've got a digital B&W (scan and
photoshop fix from a neg, image shot digitally etc), I've often pondered a
way of getting a real B&W print. RA4 digital...
Forum: In The Darkroom April 25th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 45
Posted By Graham Fountain
We don' need no stiinkin' Kodachrome. We got jets, man, we got jets.

On a slightly similar note, in cases where I've got a digital B&W (scan and
photoshop fix from a neg, image shot digitally etc), I've often pondered a
way of getting a real B&W print. RA4 digital...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 25th 07, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 17
Posted By Graham Fountain
focal distance vs. viewing angle

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Graham Fountain wrote:

"stevenvh" wrote in message
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 24th 07, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 17
Posted By Graham Fountain
focal distance vs. viewing angle

"stevenvh" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm in the market for a wide zoom from Sigma for my Minolta d7.
2...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 23rd 07, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Graham Fountain
Maybe Film is Dead AAARRRGGHHH (longish)

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Graham Fountain wrote:

I hate to say it, but it certainly seems to me that...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 23rd 07, 12:55 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Graham Fountain
Maybe Film is Dead AAARRRGGHHH (longish)

"Philip Homburg" wrote in message
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 23rd 07, 06:02 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Graham Fountain
Maybe Film is Dead AAARRRGGHHH (longish)

"Starlord" wrote in message
Film is NOT dead, even in the wal-mart today I saw a good bunch of film.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 23rd 07, 03:31 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Graham Fountain
Maybe Film is Dead AAARRRGGHHH (longish)

OK, I don't want to admit it, I don't want to believe it, but I'm almost
starting to think it has happened, that film is dead. :(
I've been very busy with work lately, so I haven't been out shooting...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 8th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Graham Fountain
Poor exposures from 400 speed negative film

"HeroOfSpielburg" wrote in message
Hello,

I use a lab at a photography chain store near my home in Tokyo. ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 6th 07, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 109
Posted By Graham Fountain
[SI] - Mandate - Multiple Exposures

wrote in message
On 5 Apr 2007 06:10:18 -0700, "JimKramer" wrote:

Mostly from Helen...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 11th 07, 07:29 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 36
Posted By Graham Fountain
The big cat is coming to get you!

"Graham Fountain" wrote in message
Nice one - personally I'd have cropped a little less (assuming it is
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 11th 07, 07:20 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 36
Posted By Graham Fountain
The big cat is coming to get you!

Nice one - personally I'd have cropped a little less (assuming it is
cropped), so as to get the mouth in. That part just doesn't quite look right
to me, but that's just my personal opinion -...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 10th 07, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 20
Posted By Graham Fountain
How big could I print this?

"D-Mac" wrote in message
Viewing distance applies to everything. You can't see the seams in a jumbo
jet if...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 3rd 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 27
Posted By Graham Fountain
Fresh snow

wrote in message
On Mar 3, 2:48 am, "Graham Fountain" wrote:
"Draco"...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 3rd 07, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 27
Posted By Graham Fountain
Fresh snow

"Draco" wrote in message
Both of you can keep all that cold stuff up there above the border.
Here in the...
Forum: Digital Photography February 26th 07, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 61
Posted By Graham Fountain
What does 110 frames at 10fps sound like?

"223rem" wrote in message
MarkČ wrote:

Yes, but with manual focus only. Familiarity with the innards of a
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 26th 07, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"223rem" wrote in message
MarkČ wrote:

Yes, but with manual focus only. Familiarity with the innards of a
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 26th 07, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"223rem" wrote in message
MarkČ wrote:

Yes, but with manual focus only. Familiarity with the innards of a
Forum: Digital Photography February 26th 07, 07:54 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Graham Fountain
Something different - using a *DARK* ND filter