Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Hwang
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Replies: 93
Posted By Tony Hwang
Why did the professional camera reviewers totally miss a seriousflaw in the camera?

Al Bundy wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Jeanette Guire wrote:

I'm curious why the following three camera reviewers...
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 07, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Tony Hwang
"Hard Disk Full" messages

vistaashley wrote:
Hi, I have a 10 Gig drive for C with 5Gb of space left, but just now,
I have been received "Hard Disk Full" messages, and some programs have
crashed because it stopped them...
Forum: Digital Photography July 19th 07, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony Hwang
How does my Casio compact determine the amount of flash?

Sammy wrote:
I have a Casio EX-Z60. It is about a year old. Cost was about 200
dollars. http://preview.tinyurl.com/2g2dts

How does such a camera determine how much flash power to...
Forum: Digital Photography July 17th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 84
Posted By Tony Hwang
Which DC has the best *Lense*?

Roy G wrote:
"Gladiator" wrote in message

For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens...
Forum: Digital Photography July 14th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 60
Posted By Tony Hwang
Why Nikon did not develop its own camera sensor?

Pete D wrote:
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Pete D wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography July 14th 07, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 60
Posted By Tony Hwang
Why Nikon did not develop its own camera sensor?

Pete D wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

wrote:

It is rather surprising that Nikon relies on...
Forum: Digital Photography July 14th 07, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 60
Posted By Tony Hwang
Why Nikon did not develop its own camera sensor?

wrote:

It is rather surprising that Nikon relies on Sony for their sensor in
their digital cameras. At the time when the digital cameras emerged,
why didn't Nikon develop...
Forum: Digital Photography July 13th 07, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Posted By Tony Hwang
Canon S3 Opinions

WillyWonka wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:05:18 -0500, wrote:

Since the launch of the S5, the price of the S3 is coming down. Any
users of the S# want to...
Forum: Digital Photography July 9th 07, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Tony Hwang
CHOOSING A PROSUMER DIGITAL CAMERA

Roy G wrote:

"SayWhat" wrote in message

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 23:50:22 -0400, Robert Coe ...
Forum: Digital Photography July 9th 07, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Tony Hwang
CHOOSING A PROSUMER DIGITAL CAMERA

wrote:
I currently have an old Sony DSC F-707 but am looking for an excellent
camera for Weddings, Qunceaneras, etc.

I adore my F-707 and love Sony products for...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony Hwang
Formatted SD card in camera, now only 1gb instead of 2gb! Needto repartition it!

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
? "Dave Cohen" ?????? ??? ??????

Ed Chilada wrote:

I have a 2gb SD card which I use for general things....
Forum: Digital Photography June 29th 07, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony Hwang
Good Lens/Bad Lens?

the_niner_nation wrote:

I am thinking of splashing out on the Canon 70-200 mm f4 USM L lens for my
canon 400d and read a lot of favourable reviews.
A lot of the reviews, however are very...
Forum: Digital Photography June 29th 07, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony Hwang
QUESTION: What's the 'rep' like for New York City camera storesnowadays?

BD wrote:
Hey, all.

Looking for an upgrade from a Canon 300D. Thinking about the 30D,
thinking about the 5D.

Found a site for a place in Brooklyn - 'digicombos.com'.

Their prices...
Forum: Digital Photography June 26th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
Posted By Tony Hwang
which PC

John McWilliams wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:

John Turco wrote:

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote:

My real point was, U.S.-built cars of the "50's and 60's" weren't
prone to rolling...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Tony Hwang
Finepix F31fd vs. F40fd.

Hi,
Trying to get one for mostly low light indoor shots.
Is there big difference between this two other than
different sensor. Seems like everyone is in mega pixel war.
TIA,
Tony
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 07, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony Hwang
Seeking Camcorder Advise

Jonathan wrote:
The Bobert wrote:

I can get a Sony Camcorder at the employee discount price.

I am looking at both HD and Tape models.

My question is about the recording media. Are...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 07, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Hwang
Time lapse pointing at sun ok or not?

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
In article ,
Bhogi wrote:

Rich wrote:

On Jun 19, 11:30 am, DeanB...
Forum: Digital Photography June 16th 07, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony Hwang
Sony DSC-T100 System Error

wrote:

Hi,

I have just bought a Sony DSC-T100 with a 2GB memory stick pro duo.
The camera works fine when I turn it on without the memory stick
inserted, but as soon as...
Forum: Digital Photography June 16th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony Hwang
Sony DSC-T100 System Error

wrote:
Hi,

I have just bought a Sony DSC-T100 with a 2GB memory stick pro duo.
The camera works fine when I turn it on without the memory stick
inserted, but as soon as...
Forum: Digital Photography June 14th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony Hwang
Video camera -vs- digital camera with video function

mike bishop wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the main difference between these a
video camera and a digital camera that has a video function?

I'm looking to buy some kind of...
Forum: Digital Photography June 10th 07, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony Hwang
Canon SD800 or SD900

Morton wrote:
Bucky wrote:

On Jun 7, 10:35 am, Morton wrote:

Regarding Bucky's reply, a higher number of pixels on the sensor does
not at all guarantee that the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 10th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Tony Hwang
The lens-sensor resolution question

Rich wrote:

You've heard it. Sensors now exceed lenses in-terms of potential
resolution. If this is the case, then why do better lenses produce
sharper pictures? I'm not talking about edge...
Forum: Digital Photography June 9th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 51
Posted By Tony Hwang
Which PC for maximum reliability?

Dogbert wrote:

I have a busy photo studio, and absolutely cannot put up with delays
caused by a broken photo editing PC (broken hardware or screwed up
microsoft windows). I need my PC to be...
Forum: Digital Photography June 7th 07, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony Hwang
Canon SD800 or SD900

Hi,
Trying to replace APS Elph with either one. Is 10MP really worthy?
800 has wider angle(28mm) and 4x zoom compared to 900.
What would you pick. Will be wife's daily use camera.
TIA,
Forum: Digital Photography May 27th 07, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Tony Hwang
Pentax Optio A-20

Hi,
Anyone using it? Does it have optical view finder?
How do you like it?
Close to what I need if it has optical view finder.
TIA,
Tony
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32