Showing results 1 to 25 of 76
Search took 1.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MG
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 22nd 12, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Posted By MG
[SI] Pairs etc - Eric Stevens comments

Pairs_MG_Reflections
------------------------
This shot has me puzzled. What causes the straight line in the edge of
the water upon which the ducks seem to be virtually standing?

It is the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 21st 12, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 42
Posted By MG
[SI] Pairs, etc - Cooper's Comments on in-house shots

I've never seen ducks like the ones in MG's images, so I wonder what
kind of duck they are.

They are egyptian geese in all 3 photos. They were shot in different
locations on different...
Forum: Digital Photography July 20th 12, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By MG
MY COMMENTS [SI] Pairs, triplets, series, patterns, echoes, reflections.

On 20/07/2012 16:30, otter wrote:
On Jul 18, 9:24 am, MG wrote:

otter 2
Good photo. I wonder what it would look like if was composed to produce
diagonal lines instead...
Forum: Digital Photography July 18th 12, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By MG
MY COMMENTS [SI] Pairs, triplets, series, patterns, echoes, reflections.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/pairs_triplets_

First time commenting, so I'm a little apprehensive.

Alan Browne 1 Old
I like it. But as someone else said, it would be better without the
window...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 1st 12, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 58
Posted By MG
[SI] Macro/Closeup

"SI Committee" wrote in message
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/macrocloseup

--
The Committee

I am...
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 12, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By MG
GPS camera - Cannon SX230?

"Anthony" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a new camera, and I think that I would like one with
a GPS built in.

I have heard...
Forum: Digital Photography May 5th 12, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By MG
Steve's Digicams Old Website

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
On 05/04/2012 01:21 PM, MG wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras

It...
Forum: Digital Photography May 4th 12, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By MG
Steve's Digicams Old Website

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras

It takes a lttle getting used to when using it for the first time, but
works
well once you have figured it out.

Very small list. ...
Forum: Digital Photography May 4th 12, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By MG
Steve's Digicams Old Website

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
You used to be able to check off features you wanted (AA batts,
viewfinder, 3" screen etc) and end up...
Forum: Digital Photography February 25th 12, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By MG
The true horror of the Fuji orb problem

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 21:58:26 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

The really big...
Forum: Digital Photography February 17th 12, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By MG
What has gone wrong at Fuji?

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
On 17/02/2012 12:03, MG wrote:
Fuji's flagship cameras are taking a real knock by...
Forum: Digital Photography February 17th 12, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By MG
What has gone wrong at Fuji?

Fuji's flagship cameras are taking a real knock by reviewers.

Fujifilm X100: Look at this list of faults:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmX100/page27.asp

Fujifilm X10: Reviews like...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 14th 12, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Replies: 25
Posted By MG
[SI] U photos are Up.

On 2012-02-14 06:14:38 +0000, Charles E. Hardwidge said:

tony cooper...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 13th 12, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 25
Posted By MG
[SI] U photos are Up.

"MG" wrote in message ...

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 13th 12, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 25
Posted By MG
[SI] U photos are Up.

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_u

None of the photos have titles /...
Forum: Digital Photography February 9th 12, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By MG
"B" shutter setting?

"Jennifer Murphy" wrote in message
I happened to see this question on an old Trivial Pursuit card:

What does the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 11th 12, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By MG
Camera with browser

On this page:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/1029273970/ces-2012-samsung-stand-report

I found this:
The WB850F's rear LCD is a VGA-equivalent OLED, and the camera also features
built-in Wi-Fi...
Forum: Digital Photography January 9th 12, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By MG
Ideal battery charger?

"Jennifer Murphy" wrote in message
I just bought a Nikon Coolpix S8200. It came with a charger that can
only charge the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 11, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By MG
NEX-7 Dpreview, GLOSS over the noise!!

"Rich" wrote in message
Unfortuntely, despite the fact the camera appears to be superb from most
angles, you can't hide...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 11, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By MG
Fujifilm x10 viewfinder

"Al, Cambridge, UK" wrote in message
My Fuji E900 has been great for the last few years, and I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography November 14th 11, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By MG
Superzoom Comparisons

I am thinking of getting a superzoom, but I am having difficulty evaluating
them. I can't find good reviews or comparisons.

Cameras I have been looking at a
Canon SX40
Nikon P500
Panasonic...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 11, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By MG
was considering new Nikon but ....

"Kenneth Scharf" wrote in message
I was in the market for a camera to replace my Sony A300 DSLR. In my case
I wanted something smaller...
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 11, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 99
Posted By MG
Nikon mirror-less cameras - the Nikon 1 system

"David J Taylor" wrote in message
Nikon mirror-less cameras - the Nikon 1 system

See:
Forum: Digital Photography June 28th 11, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By MG
Ebay polarizing filters - are they really awful?

"Peabody" wrote in message
For around $6, including shipping, it looks like I can routinely
get a 58mm glass...
Forum: Digital Photography June 5th 11, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By MG
Nikon Coolpix P500 & Canon Powershot SX30IS - any thoughts?

Canon SX30IS uses CCD; Nikon P500, CMOS.

A good comparison he

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon_PowerShot_SX30_IS-vs-Nikon-P500

That must be the world's worst comparison / review. Not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 76