Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phisherman
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 20th 08, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By Phisherman
Rebel XTI slow to write to memory card

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:34:15 GMT, Jürgen Exner
wrote:

John McWilliams wrote:
I use the camera and tend to reformat often to clear the card. Is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 20th 08, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By Phisherman
Rebel XTI slow to write to memory card

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:52:11 -0700 (PDT), Peter
wrote:

On Jul 19, 6:50 am, Phisherman wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:47:38 -0700 (PDT), Peter

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 19th 08, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By Phisherman
Rebel XTI slow to write to memory card

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:47:38 -0700 (PDT), Peter
wrote:

I've been trying to take some shots, often one after another, in
groups of 5-10. Not in continuous mode, however....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 4th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Phisherman
EOS Rebel XSi or Digital Rebel XTi

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 05:41:37 -0400, Grover
wrote:

Son-in-law is comtemplating getting one of these cameras - he already
has some Canon lenses...

Opinions or...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 25th 07, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Phisherman
Will never deal with Wolf Camera again

Why are so many camera dealers shisters? They either want to sell you
a fake or you need another equity loan. Online, protect the purchase
with a good credit card--I found Discover is excellent. ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 2nd 07, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 47
Posted By Phisherman
Survey: camera straps

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 09:03:59 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

Y, N only.
==========

1) Do you have a strap on your camera(s)?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 1st 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 49
Posted By Phisherman
Why current silver DSLRs make people want to vomit

I did not buy my Rebel because it is silver. In fact, I did not buy a
new Tundra truck because it is silver, although I may not have bought
it if it were pink. Apparently, silver is currently in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 31st 07, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Phisherman
Is Amazon ok to use for buying a camera?

I have bought lots of stuff on Amazon with positive experiences, but I
have not bought a camera there. I'm guessing that Amazon will provide
you with some security, but it is a good idea to check...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 21st 07, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Phisherman
Article from Kim Komando about online grey market buying

Gray market electronics

I recently tried to buy a camera online. I had to call the seller to
verify the purchase. Customer service told me the camera was gray
market: The warranty was Japanese, the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 1st 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By Phisherman
Tripod/Monopod Suggestions _Thanks EVERYONE

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:55:22 -0500, "Scubabix"
wrote:

I can see that my original concept of a budget was extremely low. This is
why I asked the question here. I got a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 9th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By Phisherman
Screwed by Canon Rebate

I'm not surprised. I had a $60 Samsung Rebate submitted. It was
tagged as an "error" because the purchase was made outside of the
rebate range. It was not. I called them and faxed my invoice to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 5th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Phisherman
memory card speed

On 3 Jan 2007 04:32:43 -0800, wrote:

I have an old 256MB compact flash card for my Canon EOS300D but I think
its too slow (not to mention not very large capcaity). I was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 29th 06, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 61
Posted By Phisherman
Screwed by Canon Rebate

On 28 Dec 2006 18:13:17 -0800, "RichA" wrote:

John wrote:
I know that the institution of rebates is meant to rip you off so I'm
quite anal about paying attention to the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 27th 06, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Phisherman
Brand loyalists = cultists?

It might mean that people who bought a certain brand, then get to know
the brand product's quality as good or acceptable. Or perhaps the
consumer wants to avoid any compatibility with accessories...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 23rd 06, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Phisherman
Good tripods under $50?

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:11:28 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

Can anyone tell me about a decent general-use tripod under $50 for an
armature photographer? Something fairly quick and easy...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 21st 06, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Phisherman
Good tripods under $50?

Can anyone tell me about a decent general-use tripod under $50 for an
armature photographer? Something fairly quick and easy to setup. TIA
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 27th 06, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By Phisherman
Which SD Card?

On 26 Nov 2006 12:34:20 -0800, "nonymouse"
wrote:

I'm sure this topic has been covered before somewhere; I've just
purchased a Nikon D80 with 18-135mm lens (kit) and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 21st 06, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Phisherman
"grey cameras"

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:19:48 GMT, "jeremy" wrote:

"Chris Hills" wrote in message

So Nikon US is being...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 16th 06, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Phisherman
Prestige Camera BEWARE

I ordered from Prestige Camera. The salesman was rude and lied, but I
did get my camera. I got a good price but had to tolerate
high-pressure sales. Plus they lied to me about requiring a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 15th 06, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Phisherman
"grey cameras"

It was mentioned here about purchasing a camera overseas, then
bringing the item to the US. In this case, the camera may not have
the warranty as one purchased in US. But I question how these...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 13th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Phisherman
Truths about the Canon Rebel XT 0209B003 from a salesperson

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 23:00:51 GMT, Rebecca Ore

Phisherman wrote:

I stated
that I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 12th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Phisherman
Truths about the Canon Rebel XT 0209B003 from a salesperson

I ordered a Canon Rebel XT online and called to ask some questions
regarding my order. The salesperson said that I was buying a non-USA
camera and that the Canon I ordered had a limited warranty as...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22