Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken Tough
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 16th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Tough
KINGFISHERS LOVE THE 40D!

Chris Malcolm wrote:

In rec.photo.digital Ken Tough wrote:

Any serious shooter will shoot raw and post-process anyway, so the
fascination at how...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Tough
KINGFISHERS LOVE THE 40D!

Chris Malcolm wrote:

In rec.photo.digital Ken Tough wrote:

Any serious shooter will shoot raw and post-process anyway, so the
fascination at how...
Forum: Digital Photography January 11th 08, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Tough
KINGFISHERS LOVE THE 40D!

jean wrote:

"Rita Berkowitz" a écrit dans le message de news:
NO! That's not the point or goal. I could do an animation like Bret's
but
that's...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 11th 08, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Tough
KINGFISHERS LOVE THE 40D!

jean wrote:

"Rita Berkowitz" a écrit dans le message de news:
NO! That's not the point or goal. I could do an animation like Bret's
but
that's...
Forum: Digital Photography January 11th 08, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Tough
KINGFISHERS LOVE THE 40D!

Annika1980 wrote:

On Jan 10, 1:13*am, Bob AZ wrote:

Where does one find Kingfishers?

Over creeks and ponds. You'll need a long lens because they...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 11th 08, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Tough
KINGFISHERS LOVE THE 40D!

Annika1980 wrote:

On Jan 10, 1:13*am, Bob AZ wrote:

Where does one find Kingfishers?

Over creeks and ponds. You'll need a long lens because they...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 13th 06, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 30
Posted By Ken Tough
[SI]Tripod Holes Comments

Apparently William Graham wrote:

That wouldn't work....It's the image of the tree that's trademarked, and not
the tree itself.....Even if the tree dies, and is removed, and no...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 10th 06, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 30
Posted By Ken Tough
[SI]Tripod Holes Comments

Kinon O'Cann wrote:

I'ved got a shot of that from a road trip a few years ago; and you are
correct, it's a definite tripod-hole shot. And it's copyrighted; you can't
use an image...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 27th 06, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Posted By Ken Tough
WHAT'S UP WITH THE 20D?

Apparently Richard Polhill wrote:

Any recommendations as to suitable knee-jerk damping material to help me
deal with subject lines such as "XXX JUST LURVES THE...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 27th 06, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Posted By Ken Tough
WHAT'S UP WITH THE 20D?

Annika1980 wrote:

John McWilliams wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70810705
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70810706

How much of a crop on the Eagle?...
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 06, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Ken Tough
help me figure this out...low light shooting

Louise Bremner wrote:
David J. Littleboy wrote:
The Japanese start with an open fist and fold the thumb down for 1, index
finger = 2, ... pinky...
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 06, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Ken Tough
Lens Service Costs ?

Apparently John McWilliams wrote:

But if referring to a New Madrid, or London, or Paris, or just the same
single name in one of the 50 US states or AU or NZ, then the named...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 20th 06, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Ken Tough
"grey cameras"

Apparently J. Clarke wrote:

"Ken Tough" wrote
And anyway, my point was that people do (horror of horrors) move
around the world. Someone...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 20th 06, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Ken Tough
"grey cameras"

jeremy wrote:

"Ken Tough" wrote

I couldn't give a rip what the Supreme Court says. I said:

Let's leave it there. I will honor the ruling of my...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 19th 06, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Ken Tough
"grey cameras"

jeremy wrote:

"Ken Tough" wrote

I agree with Chris. Nikon is Nikon.

I am afraid that you will have a very hard time convincing our Supreme Court...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 19th 06, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Ken Tough
"grey cameras"

jeremy wrote:

"Ken Tough" wrote
I agree with Chris. Nikon is Nikon.

I am afraid that you will have a very hard time convincing our Supreme Court...
Forum: Digital Photography November 18th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Ken Tough
Lens Service Costs ?

Derek Fountain wrote:

The business of clarifying city names with state/country suffixes is a
US-thing. I've never know any European people do that, and it still
sounds...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 18th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Ken Tough
"grey cameras"

jeremy wrote:

"Chris Hills" wrote

No... With a world class company if I buy one of their products that is
highly portable I expect to get service...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 18th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Ken Tough
"grey cameras"

jeremy wrote:

"Ken Tough" wrote
Yup. Try signing up to their website without an address that
[region of] serial number on your camera.

Forum: Digital Photography November 17th 06, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Ken Tough
help me figure this out...low light shooting

Bob Williams wrote:

No Contest!
The Fuji Finepix F30 is the hands-down, low light champion.
See: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/fuji_f30.html

f5.0 ? !

(I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 17th 06, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Ken Tough
"grey cameras"

jeremy wrote:

Nikon is the exact opposite. If the goods were not imported by Nikon USA,
they consider you a customer of someone else, and they will decline your
requests...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 16th 06, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Ken Tough
"grey cameras"

Apparently jeremy wrote:

The gray market customer should seek support from the company that imported
the goods. Usually, they find that the unofficial importer offers little...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 15th 06, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Ken Tough
"grey cameras"

Phisherman wrote:

It was mentioned here about purchasing a camera overseas, then
bringing the item to the US. In this case, the camera may not have
the warranty as one...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 14th 06, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 320
Posted By Ken Tough
Portrait of the average American voter...

William Graham wrote:

"Ken Tough" wrote
Because there is absolutely no logic in it. Iraq was of no importance
to the terrorism at all, and yet it...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 14th 06, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 320
Posted By Ken Tough
[OT] Portrait of the average American voter...

William Graham wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote
Yes.....There have been a couple or three mistakes,

Oops Graham, I'm sure you typed too...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64