Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.51 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pat
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 23rd 08, 02:23 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By Pat
Auto-focus on digital SLRs.

On Feb 22, 3:41*pm, "Ali" wrote:
It's strange that the 'strobe thing' you experienced (which is AF assist)
didn't get a focus lock.

I would be interested to know what lens...
Forum: Digital Photography January 28th 08, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Pat
recovering files from iomega zip drive

On Jan 28, 8:56 am, tomm42 wrote:
On Jan 26, 1:34 pm, " wrote:

Does anyone here know of any software programs (like File Rescue...
Forum: Digital Photography January 25th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Pat
introductory digital photo course for teenagers

On Jan 25, 9:50*am, Bob Fleischer wrote:
I'm putting together an introduction to digital photography course for
teenagers in 4-H. *Unfortunately I only have an hour...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 24th 08, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Pat
Depth of Field

On Jan 23, 9:48 am, Ray Paseur
wrote:
Colleagues: I'm looking for an easy, arithmetic way to determine the amount
of an image that is in focus. What would be...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment January 23rd 08, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By Pat
Digital camera with GPS capability

Google Earth can tie pictures with the geographic location of the
shots. It would be nice if the camera itself records the GPS
coordinates, the pointing directions, the angle of the shots into...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 08, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Pat
Digital camera with GPS capability

Google Earth can tie pictures with the geographic location of the
shots. It would be nice if the camera itself records the GPS
coordinates, the pointing directions, the angle of the shots into...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 22nd 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Pat
Damned expensive Canon lenses.

On Jan 21, 9:11 pm, frederick wrote:
Jeesh - US$100k or so for a slow old f5.6 lens:http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Camera-accessories/L...

If I bought it, do you...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 18th 08, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 54
Posted By Pat
What white balance method do you use?

On Jan 17, 7:15*pm, Ray Paseur
wrote:
Pat: I shoot RAW and small fine JPG simultaneously. *I give the
clients' art directors the *small fine JPG files for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 17th 08, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 54
Posted By Pat
What white balance method do you use?

On Jan 16, 9:48 am, Moonstarer wrote:
I have one of those dslr cameras modified by Hutech so it's more
responsive to the red light for astrophotography. Great! It's not
the best...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 17th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 54
Posted By Pat
What white balance method do you use?

On Jan 16, 6:34 pm, Chris Malcolm wrote:
Celcius wrote:
"Bigguy" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 08, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Pat
photography

On Jan 14, 3:26 am, "
wrote:
photography
****************************************http://padmagirl.blogspot.com
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Pat
Framing in darkness

On Jan 11, 5:34*pm, steamer wrote:
* * * * --I'm using a Canon S1-1S at the moment but I'm planning to upgrade
soon. What I'm looking for is a camera with a viewfinder that...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Pat
Framing in darkness

On Jan 11, 5:34*pm, steamer wrote:
* * * * --I'm using a Canon S1-1S at the moment but I'm planning to upgrade
soon. What I'm looking for is a camera with a viewfinder that...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 08, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Replies: 54
Posted By Pat
Backgrounds and color

On Jan 7, 3:49 pm, Pat wrote:
On Jan 7, 3:42 pm, tony cooper wrote:

I made a comment in an earlier post that the background...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Pat
Album 24 Special "January 2008-1" "Lumières d'Opale"

On Jan 8, 12:13 pm, "Lumières d'Opale"
wrote:
Hello,

This is information about my website, but not a spam.

I have soon introduced to you my website.

The...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 08, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Replies: 54
Posted By Pat
Backgrounds and color

On Jan 7, 3:42 pm, tony cooper wrote:
I made a comment in an earlier post that the background color makes a
difference to me in some of the shots that I'm taking...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 08, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat
big lens question

On Jan 2, 10:55 am, "Mr. G D Geen" wrote:
Hello fellow enthusiasts. Over the recent holidays I was disappointed
because my 70-300mm lens was not able to capture a meaningful...
Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Pat
Canon XTi built in flash

On Dec 30, 4:29*pm, "Tass" wrote:
My Canon XTi flash flashes like a strobe light with mutiple fast flashes
when going to take a picture. *Also the flash automatically pops up...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 30th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By Pat
Amateur Predicament

On Dec 29, 11:26*pm, Htnakirs wrote:
I have found the video recording capability of digital cams as a god
send. I have the Canon S3IS as well as a Panasonic GS 57 miniDV...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 28th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 63
Posted By Pat
How do I change aspect ratio of photos in Sony DSLR A-100K?

On Dec 27, 3:14*pm, "Anthony B" wrote:
I own a Sony DSLR A-100K camera, and the aspect ratio of the photographs is
not the same as the aspect ratio of the LCD screen. When...
Forum: Digital Photography December 26th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Pat
Time's "Best Pictures of the Year"

many of them are just terrible...

I agree. *Many of them I would have discarded on sight.

I guess that explains why those professional photographers are taking
pictures for magezines,...
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 42
Posted By Pat
Google mash-up I'd like to see

On Dec 14, 7:06 pm, Don Wiss wrote:
I'd like to see someone create a Google mash-up that tells me when the sun
is in the direction I want. On the map you would put two...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 19th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By Pat
Google mash-up I'd like to see

On Dec 14, 7:06 pm, Don Wiss wrote:
I'd like to see someone create a Google mash-up that tells me when the sun
is in the direction I want. On the map you would put two...
Forum: Digital Photography December 18th 07, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Pat
Lightning Photography

On Dec 18, 8:13 am, Luke Carroll
wrote:
I am getting a digital SLR (400D) for Christmas and would like to get
some winter storms. Are storms and lightning...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 18th 07, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Pat
Lightning Photography