Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: William Sommerwerck
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

information is good, but it's clear you aren't interested in any of it.
like ssd, your mind is made up and nothing is going to change it.

You have no idea what's currently going through my...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Interesting that only you amateur users seem to feel that way.
Perhaps you can explain the reason that such a "failure" resulted
in the market position for those products (#1), and how they...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

And, how many *non-Adobe* image editing apps did they learn in
school? Just the fact that those apps are being taught in schools
that are training designers, photographers, etc. says about...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Adobe does not, because it has no understanding
of how to sell merchandise.

What an amazing disconnect from reality!

Glad you agree with me.

READ WHAT I WROTE, DICKHEAD!

"None"...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

I don't think he was requesting anything other than
a comprehensive description of anything but the
general capabilities of and the relationships between
the components of the product...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

But not carefully enough to know
that the complaint is bogus.

It's not bogus.

Let's put it this way... You're interested in Adobe photo-editing products.
You have specific questions about what...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Those who actually have a genuine interest in learning
about the products won't limit themselves to only
Adobe's web site.

Why should they have to look anywhere else?

I'm reminded of a...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

$40 is also cheap, but neither $50 nor $40
will buy you the current edition of Elements.

Wrong. I got v10 "on sale" at Costco.
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

I don't think a comprehensive description
is what is required.

Nor do I. It's the OP who wants one.

No, I don't want a comprehensive description.
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Adobe does not, because it has no understanding
of how to sell merchandise.

What an amazing disconnect from reality!

Glad you agree with me.
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Coming back to the original topic (sort of)...

I inserted an 8GB SD card in the card reader of my Windows 7 notebook and
formatted it as a ReadyBoot disk. (There is no question that it speeds...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 12, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

You seem to be missing the point. The basic question is
not "what does Photoshop do?" but how do I tell which
Adobe product best meets my needs?

Lightroom works as a stand-alone image...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 12, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Time for you to be specific.
What is the problem you need solved, and
with which Adobe product?

Obviously, no one here has written user documentation or adverstising. I
have.

One of the ways...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 12, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

you didn't look very hard. they explain their products in detail,
including comparing photoshop elements with the full photoshop.

Do I have to write a detailed essay to make the point clear? I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 12, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

One of the best sales tools is to clearly explain what
your product can and can't do, and how its features
work with the features of other products in your line.

Selling it to... whom,...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 12, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Let's just say that the last time I looked at the Adobe site, it was a mess.
It doesn't explain //anything//.
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 12, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Since then however, cost cutting seems to have excluded
the inclusion of a manual of any type, and leaving the user
to find advice in the Adobe help files, forums, or some of
the details...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 12, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Adobe, like most software of this type of application,
offers trial downloads. A comprehensive description
of the features of Photoshop would have to be book-like
in length.

I'm not talking...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 12, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Adobe's arrogance doesn't help. The last time I visited its site,
I was amazed at how it failed to explain exactly what each of
its products did (or didn't) do, and why you might purchase...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 12, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 482
Has your memory card ever worn out?

Photoshop never seemed expensive to me.

Not if you're a professional photographer. But for someone who doesn't earn
their living doing graphics work, the price is several times...
Forum: Digital Photography July 27th 12, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Has your memory card ever worn out?

I happen to have a 3 year old laptop with an SSD.
The SSD has long passed its calculated write
allowance.

If that's the case, I'd be thinking about replacing it.

(Ask S.M.A.R.T.)

SMART is...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras January 21st 10, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 13
Olympus camera overexposes

If the picture is consistently misexposed, then the exposure-compensation
control (assuming the camera has one) should fix the problem.

Compensation doesn't fix the problem, it fixes the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 21st 10, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 9
Olympus camera overexposes

If the picture is consistently misexposed, then the exposure-compensation
control (assuming the camera has one) should fix the problem.

Compensation doesn't fix the problem, it fixes the...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras January 21st 10, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 13
Olympus camera overexposes

Any of those firmware routines can become corrupted,
for example by physical damage to the camera or exposure
to electro-magnetic radiation that's powerful enough to
scramble the bits and...
Forum: Digital Photography January 21st 10, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 9