Showing results 1 to 25 of 98
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 08, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.graphics.photoshop, adobe.photoshop.windows,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
How can I remove all white pixels?

wrote:
The Bobert wrote:

The Photoshop is very unstable, it lacks elementary features that one
expects in a professional program, and its...
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.graphics.photoshop, adobe.photoshop.windows,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
How can I remove all white pixels?

On Jan 13, 12:06 pm, "
wrote:
I am trying to remove all white pixels from a monochrome (black and
black) picture imported into Adobe...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 07, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
getting a balanced exposure of artwork

On Feb 23, 2:22 am, wrote:
On Feb 23, 12:26 am, "Steve Wolfe" wrote:

when you all talk of "dynamic range", do you mean lightest light to
darkest...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 07, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
What are these blue and white dots

On Mar 11, 10:04 am, "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
wrote:

Surely your Canon has this feature.
--
Ed Ruf...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 07, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
What are these blue and white dots

Thanks to everyone for their help. Capturing a dark image with that
setup was the definitive test. I was just pushing the sensor too far.
I reworked the lighting and got an acceptable shot staying...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 07, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
What are these blue and white dots

On Mar 11, 2:14 am, ASAAR wrote:

If you didn't already do it, could you take another shot using dark
frame subtraction to see if it makes any difference? I've read that
DSLRs...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
What are these blue and white dots

Hi,

A thumbnail of the file can be seen he

http://picasaweb.google.com/ronviers/Noise/photo#5040514739443530786

Where you can look at a small abstract of the EXIF data to the right
by using the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 06, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Stereoscopic galaxy NGC3370

Mike Russell wrote:

But you are perhaps leaving it a little ambiguous whether this is real
stereo, or an interesting pseudo stereo effect. It is the latter.
--

Mike Russell
Forum: Digital Photography December 21st 06, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Stereoscopic galaxy NGC3370

J. Clarke wrote:

It looks like he's creating false depth of field along with the false
dimensions. His tool can make pretty pictures but it doesn't come close
to reflecting reality. He...
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 06, 10:31 AM Posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Photoshop CS3 Beta Indepth - Bridge

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:

I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
the new features of Bridge:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808

Wayne J....
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras December 16th 06, 10:31 AM Posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 23

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:

I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
the new features of Bridge:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808

Wayne J....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 16th 06, 10:31 AM Posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:

I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
the new features of Bridge:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808

Wayne J....
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 06, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Do our eyes point forward?

ray wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 00:46:58 -0800, wrote:

Hi,
I was just looking, and now I am wondering, do our eyes point forward
(parallel relative to the vertical...
Forum: Digital Photography December 15th 06, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Do our eyes point forward?

Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:
wrote:
Hi,
I was just looking, and now I am wondering, do our eyes point forward
(parallel relative to the vertical plane that would...
Forum: Digital Photography December 15th 06, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Do our eyes point forward?

Hi,
I was just looking, and now I am wondering, do our eyes point forward
(parallel relative to the vertical plane that would pass between them)?

Thanks,
Ron
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Why do some eyes twinkle?

minnesøtti wrote:

You might need to ask this question at sci.optics or sci.med.vision
group. Practicioners of eye optics are knowledgeable on this subject.
My personal opinon is that there are...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 06, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Why do some eyes twinkle?

Christopher Campbell wrote:

As Jay noted, lighting is important to making eyes twinkle.

But it is easier to get some eyes to twinkle more than others. People who
have heavy eyelids make it...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 06, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Why do some eyes twinkle?

Hi,
I notice that on TV and in movies, possibly in real life, that some of
the actor's eyes twinkle more than others. I am talking about more
than the normal well placed catch lights. Does the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Lens flare makeup

Brendan Gillatt wrote:
If you managed to fill your lens with an oil with the same
index as your lens elements you would notice very little flare. (and a
very heavy lens :) )

This is what I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Lens flare makeup

Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:

That CAN be one cause of flare. However, there are others. Frequently
the flare and ghosts caused by multiple reflection between surfaces
create a repeating...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Question on what Raw converter

John McWilliams wrote:

Some of us shoot JPEGs in quantity when called for, as a sporting event
where the images go to small souvenir photos and newspapers.

Of course you are right, I was just...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 186
Posted By [email protected]
Death knell for DSLR?

David J. Littleboy wrote:

If sensors were cheap, one idea would be a lens + sensor integrated unit
that would be interchangeable. This would fix the dust on the sensor issue
and still give you...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Question on what Raw converter

Mike Russell wrote:

There are some real advantages, but they are more subtle than the
discussions here would indicate.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Hi Mike,
I think if the jpg...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Is it "normal" to need post shooting editing?

wrote:
I have an inexpensive 3 MP camera that takes very good pictures however
sometimes indoors, especially when using flash, the image will be a
little bit darker than...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Lens flare makeup

Do the little circles that make up some lens flares represent the
passage of light across lens element boundaries - the light somehow
getting stuck inside the element and making it through to the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 98