Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Sherman
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 8th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
Posted By Steve Sherman
Photographing Where No Electricity Source

Jake wrote:
Anyone had any experience with photographing for over a week where there
is no electricity.

I am guessing that the two main options are to take a lot of charged
batteries, or...
Forum: Digital Photography July 8th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 46

Jake wrote:
Anyone had any experience with photographing for over a week where there
is no electricity.

I am guessing that the two main options are to take a lot of charged
batteries, or...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 4th 08, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Sherman
350D replacement

Gordon MacPherson wrote:
Hi,
My lovely Canon 350D has taken around 12,000 pics. No problems so far:
1. Is there any idea how many pics the 350D is likely to take before
"failing"?
2. If I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 25th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Sherman
beginners tripod

greenbrightly wrote:
Can any of you guys recommend a good begineers tripod for someone
wanting to get steadier shots? I mainly taking nature type pictures
quite close up and low down to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 13th 08, 01:11 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 29
Posted By Steve Sherman
Canon 1000D: another hi-five for DPReview?

Focus wrote:
Canon introduced the "new" 1000D: 10 MP (there's a surprise!) same LV as the
450D, 2,5" LCD and of course the dedicated Direct Print button.
Seems more like a polished 400D with a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 8th 08, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Steve Sherman
Canon vs Nikon vs Etc

Paul J Gans wrote:
Once upon a time, back in the Good Old Days(TM), this newsgroup
(actually, its predecessor) was inhabited by folks whose
interest was digital photography.

Alas, those...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 5th 08, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By Steve Sherman
Alternative to Canons 450D?

PHIL wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a buying a DSLR, I've seen Canons 450D as a good
introductory DSLR.

What would be a good alternative, ie Nikon, Pentax models.

Phil

Here is my...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 4th 08, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve Sherman
EOS Rebel XSi or Digital Rebel XTi

Grover wrote:
Son-in-law is comtemplating getting one of these cameras - he already
has some Canon lenses...

Opinions or comments?

Camera will debut with me shooting his wedding in the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 3rd 08, 12:26 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By Steve Sherman
Canon 40D falls apart after delivery ?

Focus wrote:
Several people have had shutter err 99 problems with the 40D:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1019&thread=27453471&page=1

One after 1 week, one after 3...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 31st 08, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Steve Sherman
Pictures seem sharper with flash.

Peter Jason wrote:
I have an OlympusE500 with the standard kit
lens and I notice that the results are in
better focus when I use the pop-up flash. Is
there any reason for this? PJ

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 31st 08, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 51
Posted By Steve Sherman
Raw File Formats

ASAAR wrote:
On Thu, 29 May 2008 01:22:26 GMT, Roger wrote:

How can Canon fit an 8MP color RAW image into an ~8MB file?
Are there really only 8MB/3 = 2.67MP (multi-colored MP's) from
a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 26th 08, 03:03 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 59
Posted By Steve Sherman
What the reviewers don't view...

Focus wrote:
It's warm and cozy in the perfectly lit studios of most reviewers, but do
you really get a really good "buying advise"?

I don't think so. The 40D Canon I had, seemed OK at...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 26th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On 2008-05-22 11:13:31 -0700, "Focus" said:

"TRoss" wrote in message
On...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 4th 08, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Sherman
American dollar finally "gets" to Canon

Archibald wrote:
On Fri, 02 May 2008 19:41:53 -0400, Steve Sherman
wrote:

RichA wrote:
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 3rd 08, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Sherman
Fuji bails out of DSLRs completely?

wrote:
On May 1, 6:45 pm, nospam wrote:
In article
,

RichA...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 3rd 08, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Sherman
American dollar finally "gets" to Canon

RichA wrote:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=27726703

Guess what.. It gets us ALL..

Steve
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 28th 08, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Steve Sherman
Has anybody figured out how to use ISO 100 in a 40D?

Alienjones wrote:

The subject line says it all.

I swapped my D300 with a 40D for a while on Saturday and was dumbfounded
at the thing. I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 26th 08, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve Sherman
Resolution, which is better? K20D or D300?

nospam wrote:
In article , Steve Sherman
wrote:

A pixel is not a pixel.. Some are larger and some are smaller.

but...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 25th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve Sherman
Resolution, which is better? K20D or D300?

RichA wrote:
Any direct comparisons out there?

Yes, there are lots..
I don't think this is exactly what you wanted, but.

A pixel is not a pixel.. Some are larger and some are smaller.
In...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 22nd 08, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 62
Posted By Steve Sherman
Nikon lets 24.4mp D3x out of the bag

Alienjones wrote:

frederick wrote:
| Steve wrote:
| On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:21:34 +1200, frederick wrote:
|
| The...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 22nd 08, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 62
Posted By Steve Sherman
Nikon lets 24.4mp D3x out of the bag

Lawrence Glickman wrote:
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:48:43 -0700, nospam
wrote:

In article , Steve
Sherman...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 20th 08, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 62
Posted By Steve Sherman
Nikon lets 24.4mp D3x out of the bag

frederick wrote:
The Nikon D3 latest firmware release has clear reference to 6048x4032
pixel size option, and "D3X" name in the code.
Of course it could just be Nikon's programmers version of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 20th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 62
Posted By Steve Sherman
Nikon lets 24.4mp D3x out of the bag

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
C J Campbell wrote:

Cool. Another few months and I can get a D3 for under 2 grand.

Not likely. The D3X will probably run $8,000.

Wrong! Nikon doesn't and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 14th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By Steve Sherman
Olympus and others. Greater mega pixel capacity expected soon?Skinny on E-3

Robert Brace wrote:
"Steve Sherman" wrote in message
Tony Polson wrote:
"flaming-o" ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 13th 08, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By Steve Sherman
Olympus and others. Greater mega pixel capacity expected soon?Skinny on E-3

Tony Polson wrote:
"flaming-o" wrote:

The phenomenal rate of development of digital sensors has made a
laughingstock of many of the older posts on this forum about...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30