Showing results 1 to 25 of 120
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cynicor
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 06, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Cynicor
Will the Nikon D80 or D200 do this?

E. E. Herbert wrote:
For candid portraits, I'd like to use the Aperture Mode, set the
camera to max aperture for small depth of field, set the
minimum shutter speed to 1/60th or faster, and...
Forum: Digital Photography September 25th 06, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Cynicor
Annika's new toy

wrote:
Isn't that a reflector telescope, though? Sure, those are smaller and
cheaper, but you end up with a blank area in the middle of the field of
view (where the small...
Forum: Digital Photography September 25th 06, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Cynicor
Annika's new toy

Annika1980 wrote:
David J. Littleboy wrote:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/sigma-300-800.shtml

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

I think we're gonna need a bigger...
Forum: Digital Photography September 24th 06, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Cynicor
How do you read the numbers on a lens?

JimO wrote:

I have a Quantary 70-120 lens. It works easy enough but I was curious how
to read the numbers on the lens. In other words, how do I interpret and
apply them. There is one set...
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 06, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 55
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

ASAAR wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:38:15 -0400, Cynicor wrote:

Well, I fixed one of them. It prints out all nice now.
http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/824709/1/95607778

Nice...
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 06, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 55
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Cynicor wrote:

Hey, set up a web site and give *your* spin on the truth and see how
successful you are. My gut feeling is you won't even be good enough
to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 22nd 06, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Cynicor wrote:

Hey, set up a web site and give *your* spin on the truth and see how
successful you are. My gut feeling is you won't even be good enough
to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 22nd 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Bill wrote:

I'm sure it's more a case of jealousy since if he could do it better
he
would.

You mean me, I'm jealous of Rockwell?

To quote Bugs...
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 55
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Bill wrote:

I'm sure it's more a case of jealousy since if he could do it better
he
would.

You mean me, I'm jealous of Rockwell?

To quote Bugs...
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 06, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 55
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

ASAAR wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:37:11 -0400, Cynicor blew this note:

So you're saying that it's not the D200's fault that I blue out the
highlights on that Seattle photo?

No. ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 21st 06, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

ASAAR wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:22:39 -0400, Cynicor wrote:

Actually, no. It doesn't work that way. Cameras aren't compared
the same way that you'd compare print resolution. ...
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 06, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 55
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

ASAAR wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:22:39 -0400, Cynicor wrote:

Actually, no. It doesn't work that way. Cameras aren't compared
the same way that you'd compare print resolution. ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 21st 06, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

ASAAR wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:16:08 -0400, Cynicor wrote:

As I stated, it was primarily a feature comparison. Any conclusions he makes
on those comparisons are clearly his...
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 06, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 55
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

ASAAR wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:16:08 -0400, Cynicor wrote:

As I stated, it was primarily a feature comparison. Any conclusions he makes
on those comparisons are clearly his...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 21st 06, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
As I stated, it was primarily a feature comparison. Any conclusions he makes
on those comparisons are clearly his opinion, but the feature comparisons
themself are...
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 06, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 55
Posted By Cynicor
Nikon D200 vs. D80

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
As I stated, it was primarily a feature comparison. Any conclusions he makes
on those comparisons are clearly his opinion, but the feature comparisons
themself are...
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 06, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Cynicor
?????? ???? ????? ??? ??? ???? ? ? ?

Roy G wrote:

How very uninteresting.

**** OFF.
I thought he raised a lot of questions.

Questions? Questions? We want answers.

42.
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 06, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Cynicor
???????

Roy G wrote:
wrote in message
???????
????
QQ??

It is probably Spam, or of course it could be...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 06, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Cynicor
好多漂亮的图片

wrote:
好多漂亮的图片
游æˆå›¾ç‰‡
QQ表情

This post has terrible bokeh.
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 06, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Cynicor
Pregnant

Søren Thorsen wrote:
Under "Galleries" I have added 2 new sections.
"Tina pregnant"
"Tina after birth"

Ewww. Who wants to look at a placenta?

Oh wait. I see what you mean.
Forum: Digital Photography September 16th 06, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Cynicor
ชีวิตต่างเเดน

Bill wrote:
"Cynicor" wrote in message
Bee wrote:
คิดถึงเมืà¸*งไทย
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 06, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Cynicor
ชีวิตต่างเเดน

Bee wrote:
คิดถึงเมืà¸*งไทย
ใช้ชีวิตà¸*ยู่ต่างเเดน
คิดฮ้à¸*นบ้านหลายเด้à¸*ค่ะ

This is...
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 06, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Cynicor
Is this photo too blue?

Zed Pobre wrote:
Cynicor wrote:
Pete D wrote:
"Cynicor" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 06, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Cynicor
Is this photo too blue?

Pete D wrote:
"Cynicor" wrote in message
Thanks for everyone's input, even though I vowed not to listen...
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 06, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Cynicor
Is this photo too blue?

Thanks for everyone's input, even though I vowed not to listen to it. It
definitely prints out too blue for my tastes, like it's fake. I took a
bit of time with it to fix the blue like Bret...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 120