Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 1.85 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: surf_doggie
Forum: Digital Photography October 5th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By surf_doggie
Canon 30D Grip for 40D

Will the 30D grip work on the 40D? The batteries are the same, it
looks as though they have just changed the number.
Forum: Digital Photography September 27th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By surf_doggie
Canon D60 vertical Grip + Use on 40D Opinions

I would like to know if a Canon D60 vertical grip will work on a 40D.

Thanks,
Earl
Forum: Digital Photography June 26th 07, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon DX and lenses Full frame

On Jun 24, 12:50 pm, surf_doggie wrote:
Does anyone have any feed back on whether Nikon will go FF with its
cameras (dx2 excluded). I just bought a 105 micro with vr that is...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 07, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon DX and lenses Full frame

Does anyone have any feed back on whether Nikon will go FF with its
cameras (dx2 excluded). I just bought a 105 micro with vr that is for
full frame cameras and am looking at the 17-55 2.8 which is...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By surf_doggie
D200 Exif data & flash in CS2 bridge

On Apr 29, 9:32 pm, Nervous Nick wrote:
On Apr 29, 9:38 am, surf_doggie wrote:

I was recently looking @ some pictures I had taken in adobe...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By surf_doggie
D200 Exif data & flash in CS2 bridge

I was recently looking @ some pictures I had taken in adobe bridge CS2
and noticed that under flash in the Exif data it said:

Flash: Fired, strobe return light not detected.

Is this normal? I...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 07, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 Raw +jpg fine exposure seems off

DOH! CS auto compensates I see what your saying now Scott. If I
unselect all the auto's in the NEF for CS it looks pretty close to the
jpg.

Thanks for your help!

Earl

On Apr 5, 12:00 am,...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 07, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 Raw +jpg fine exposure seems off

Yeppers if you take the +2 off of the as Shot for the dng.

Maybe its not applying the exposure compensation to the JPG only the
RAW file?

Earl

On Apr 4, 11:38 pm, "Scott W" ...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 07, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 Raw +jpg fine exposure seems off

The DNG file looks to be very much like the jpg, very under exposed.
In RSE I had to put in about +3 (EV?) to get it about right.

Yeppers if you take the +2 off of the as Shot for the dng. Im...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 07, 04:34 AM Posted to comp.security.firewalls,microsoft.public.security,alt.comp.anti-virus,rec.photo.digital,alt.design.graphics
Replies: 37
Posted By surf_doggie
Can't see very simple HTML pages with Norton Internet Security!!!!!

Norton! What a pain in the butt!!!

I've just spent a few days trying to do something really simple, and
I'm furious!!!!

Ive heard that F-Secure is one of the BEST for stopping virus's. I
used...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 Raw +jpg fine exposure seems off

I believe that photoshop "As Shot" only refers to the white balance.
Can you post the raw file? That would tell us a lot.

Original NEF is 15 megs. The only option I see in CS is save as...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 07, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 Raw +jpg fine exposure seems off

If you allow ACR to choose it's defaults you will notice it will up the EV
and brightness of most photos.

Hey Edward,
My in camera LCD, which Im presuming is being displayed on the LCD
does not...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 5th 07, 03:06 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 1
Posted By surf_doggie
Great Images Require Layers of Refinement

My first post is up on the HP Professional Photography blog where they

Congradulations! Good advise.

Earl

On Apr 4, 5:25 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote:
Hi All,

My...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras April 5th 07, 03:06 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 1
Posted By surf_doggie
Great Images Require Layers of Refinement

My first post is up on the HP Professional Photography blog where they

Congradulations! Good advise.

Earl

On Apr 4, 5:25 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote:
Hi All,

My...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 07, 03:06 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 1
Posted By surf_doggie
Great Images Require Layers of Refinement

My first post is up on the HP Professional Photography blog where they

Congradulations! Good advise.

Earl

On Apr 4, 5:25 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote:
Hi All,

My...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 07, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 Raw +jpg fine exposure seems off

I shoot RAW +jpg fine. Ive noticed that my jpgs, in low light &
sometimes with flash look under exposed approx 3 to 3 stops.

Sense this is what is being displayed in the LCD a couple of times...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 07, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By surf_doggie
Droopy

Nice I like it!

On Mar 31, 5:17 pm, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:
Horses don't care if it droops...http://upload.pbase.com/image/76443297/original
:)
-MarkČ

Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 07, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By surf_doggie
D200 accessories cable release/external pin devices

Ok Im not known for treating cameras nice.

Ive already lost one of the screw in covers for my 10 pin accessory. I
went by my local camera store and they were like no dude we dont have
those and dont...
Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By surf_doggie
Cameras--Cameras--Cameras

Nice Ads how much you getting a month from adsense?

Earl

On Mar 30, 9:06 pm, "wagwheel" wrote:
Cameras--Cameras--Cameras

This site is dedicated to every and anything you...
Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 07, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 & MB-200 battery question

Also John
Both batteries are brand new, bought at different locations week
apart. You mention

New ones need to be run through a couple discharge recharge cylcles before the hit peak

Ive researched...
Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 & MB-200 battery question

Hey John,
I think Charley hit it on the head. I reversed the batteries today and
did some shooting and it has to do with the side of the pistol grip
the battery is in not the batteries themselves....
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 07, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 & MB-200 battery question

On Mar 29, 11:40 pm, ASAAR wrote:
On 29 Mar 2007 20:08:38 -0700, surf_doggie wrote:

3. If you go into menu on the camera MB-D200 has 4 battery settings
LR6, HR6, FR6 and...
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By surf_doggie
is a CF card necessary for a Canon Digital Rebel?

On Mar 29, 11:36 pm, wrote:
On Mar 29, 10:21 pm, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number

i just bought a...
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 07, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By surf_doggie
Photoshop grayscale problem

On Mar 29, 10:30 pm, "Scott Speck" wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I know this isn't a Photoshop newsgroup, but I'm hoping that someone here
might have encountered a similar problem...
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By surf_doggie
Nikon D200 & MB-200 battery question

I have a D200 with a MB-200 grip and am using 2 Nikon Lion batteries
(grey not black).

1. Has anyone with this configuration ever notice that the battery
closest to the shutter release (right side...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25