Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 1.77 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pico
Forum: In The Darkroom May 12th 08, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By Pico
Wet photography is really dying

"Charles Hohenstein" wrote in message

I'm always curious what people are...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 12th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By Pico
Wet photography is really dying

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message

You know, it's great you have all that stuff; it really is. I don't mean
Forum: In The Darkroom May 10th 08, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By Pico
Wet photography is really dying

"Ken Nadvornick" wrote in message

I suppose it depends on which end of the glass one is trying to drink
Forum: In The Darkroom May 10th 08, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By Pico
Enlarger lens options.

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
Richard Knoppow wrote:

That's quite interesting. I suspect the Rodagon and Componon designs...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 9th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By Pico
Wet photography is really dying

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message

The National Lampoon in 1970(?) proposed a
"Value Subtracted Tax" - A manufacturer...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 9th 08, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Posted By Pico
How many volumn of solution do I need to smoothly process print paper in a 12x16 tray?

wrote in message
On May 4, 6:39 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...] In a word, for most purposes...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 9th 08, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By Pico
Wet photography is really dying

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message

of buying them to sell them, but there's really no market there. (As an
Forum: In The Darkroom May 9th 08, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By Pico
Wet photography is really dying

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
Another depressing data point: today I saw an Omega enlarger put out on
Forum: In The Darkroom May 8th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By Pico
Enlarger lens options.

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message

The law of diminishing returns. When something is close to
perfection the cost of...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 6th 08, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Pico
How many volumn of solution do I need to smoothly process print paper in a 12x16 tray?

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
On 5/5/2008 7:50 PM Pico spake thus:

"____"...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 6th 08, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Pico
How many volumn of solution do I need to smoothly process print paper in a 12x16 tray?

"____" wrote in message

Forget reason some people- especially "photo" people are anal in the
Forum: In The Darkroom May 5th 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Posted By Pico
How many volumn of solution do I need to smoothly process print paper in a 12x16 tray?

Some paper has developer in the emulsion coating. Wouldn't it be washed out
with pre-soaking?
Forum: In The Darkroom May 4th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By Pico
Reciprocity and intermittency effects in enlarging paper

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
Previously noted elsewhere, but for those who don't read APUG or
the Pure Silver list...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 30th 08, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 20
Posted By Pico
Ansel Adams - Yosemite

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message

No, sorry to say I only brought one of them newfangled "miniature"
Forum: In The Darkroom April 30th 08, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 0
Posted By Pico
How many volumn of solution do I need to smoothly process print paper in a 12x16 tray?

"Steven Woody" wrote in message
How many volumn of solution do I need at least to smoothly...
Forum: Digital Photography April 30th 08, 12:57 PM Posted to comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,sci.image.processing,comp.multimedia
Replies: 0
Posted By Pico
Shrinking a picture --- and it becomes blur !!

"aruzinsky" wrote

Instead of excess verbosity, you should post links to crops of before
and after images showing the problem areas.

ZING!
Forum: Digital Photography April 30th 08, 12:55 PM Posted to comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,sci.image.processing,comp.multimedia
Replies: 3
Posted By Pico
Shrinking a picture --- and it becomes blur !!

If you are creating graphics from scratch, that is not from a camera of any
kind, then consider making your important detail in a vector drawing
program. If you can and if it works visually....
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 27th 08, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 20
Posted By Pico
Ansel Adams - Yosemite

"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote in message

Clearly neither of you has read *California and the West* by Charis
Wilson,...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 27th 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 20
Posted By Pico
Ansel Adams - Yosemite

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
"Pico" pico at idrailogid.ten wrote
AA didn't trek far from the roads the roads....
Forum: In The Darkroom April 26th 08, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Pico
Where is the full list of Ilford's fact sheets?

"Steven Woody" wrote in message

I am not finding info on particular Ilford product. I just knew...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 26th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 20
Posted By Pico
Ansel Adams - Yosemite

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

A good article with some phots:
Forum: In The Darkroom April 26th 08, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On 2008-04-25, jjs jjs.jjs.net wrote:

Are you looking for something in the...
Forum: In The Darkroom April 25th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Pico
Where is the full list of Ilford's fact sheets?

"____" wrote in message

Or buy film and get, or join the ILFOPRO club and get.

? Get what,...
Forum: In The Darkroom April 24th 08, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 0
Posted By Pico
Where is the full list of Ilford's fact sheets?

"Steven Woody" wrote in message
Hi,

Where can I get access the full list of Ilford's fact...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 23rd 08, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 17
Posted By Pico
Enlarger Bellows Rebuild - modern tricks?

"Thor Lancelot Simon" wrote in message

[... snip... we are discussing Gaffer's tape ...]
dust (though I have never left any in place...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25