Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Chant[_2_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 16th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
Hacks as professional photographer's worst nightmares?

Ray Fischer wrote:

You sure are desperate to believe in your cult.

Hmm, I presume you have sell your SLR and the leader gets to borrow all your
memory cards whenever he likes.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 29th 09, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
I said I was playing with sunsets

Elliott Roper wrote:

Except for the sound if you'd taken say 1 frame per second and then
joined
them together you would have got a similar effect? Unfortunately I can't
capture video...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 25th 09, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
I said I was playing with sunsets

Elliott Roper wrote:

Which seemed to be the cue for an experiment. Soundtrack Pro that comes
with Final Cut Studio. I don't use it much, so after a little sniff
about I found the time stretch...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 24th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
I said I was playing with sunsets

If OS-X is the good side and MS the dark I don't know where I sit being
primarily with linux.
Oh, that's the *other* side.

Yes, like when someone calls heads or tails, technically you...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 24th 09, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
I said I was playing with sunsets

Peter Chant wrote:

Not thought about sound. Could you speed that up 60 times. Where do you
get a mic with a 20/60 = 1/3 Hz roll off. You could use a pressure gauge
that has an inbuilt...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 24th 09, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
I said I was playing with sunsets

Elliott Roper wrote:

In article , Peter Chant
wrote:

snip
Except for the sound if you'd taken say 1 frame per second...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 23rd 09, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
I said I was playing with sunsets

Elliott Roper wrote:

No intentional artistic merit, and very little accidental ditto.
It looks like you gotta have a demo or two for cred here.
So, for grins...
Camera (5Dii) was located at ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 22nd 09, 01:34 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
[SI] Peter Chant's image

Bowser wrote:

For some stupid reason, Peter's e-mail was identified as spam, and
squirreled away. I found it, and have posted the image in the Filters
gallery.

Sorry, Peter....

Thanks...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 09, 01:34 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
[SI] Peter Chant's image

Bowser wrote:

For some stupid reason, Peter's e-mail was identified as spam, and
squirreled away. I found it, and have posted the image in the Filters
gallery.

Sorry, Peter....

Thanks...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 22nd 09, 01:34 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
[SI] Peter Chant's image

Bowser wrote:

For some stupid reason, Peter's e-mail was identified as spam, and
squirreled away. I found it, and have posted the image in the Filters
gallery.

Sorry, Peter....

Thanks...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 12th 09, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
Nikon D300s first major camera to dump CF?

Scott W wrote:

At one time being able to use the mico drives that fit in the CF slot
of some cameras was seen as a advantage
, now no one cares about that old technology.

PRobally four or...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 12th 09, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 57
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
Nikon D300s first major camera to dump CF?

nospam wrote:

In article , Bruce
wrote:

If the wind is blowing hard, and you drop a CF card, it will fall to the
ground very...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 12th 09, 02:37 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 34
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
[SI] New Mandate: The Road Less Travelled, Due July 19th, 2009

Alan Browne wrote:

Politician at heart.

Only if he's claimed for his duck house or moat cleaning on expenses...

--
Forum: Digital Photography June 12th 09, 02:37 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Alan Browne wrote:

Politician at heart.

Only if he's claimed for his duck house or moat cleaning on expenses...

--
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 11th 09, 09:26 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 34
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
[SI] New Mandate: The Road Less Travelled, Due July 19th, 2009

Bowser wrote:

Courtesy of our Canadian friend, the new mandate is "The Road Less
Travelled." The due date for this mandate is July 19th, 2009. I had to

Drat, I have just taken some photos of...
Forum: Digital Photography June 11th 09, 09:26 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Bowser wrote:

Courtesy of our Canadian friend, the new mandate is "The Road Less
Travelled." The due date for this mandate is July 19th, 2009. I had to

Drat, I have just taken some photos of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 10th 09, 02:45 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 34
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
[SI] New Mandate: The Road Less Travelled, Due July 19th, 2009

Bowser wrote:

Never arrived. Can you resend?

Gremlins! Resent.

Thanks,

Pete
Forum: Digital Photography June 10th 09, 02:45 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Bowser wrote:

Never arrived. Can you resend?

Gremlins! Resent.

Thanks,

Pete
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 8th 09, 08:16 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
[SI] "Filters" is up, pleast take a look!

Bowser wrote:

All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best ones,
and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

Can...
Forum: Digital Photography June 8th 09, 08:16 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Bowser wrote:

All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best ones,
and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

Can...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 8th 09, 08:16 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Bowser wrote:

All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best ones,
and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

Can...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 30th 09, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
Fragility of plastic for all to see

Alan Browne wrote:

If you smash a Nikon with a Minolta Maxxum 9 the Maxxum 9 can then take
lovely pictures of the little Nikon bits.

Would a Zenit therefore trounce all?

--
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 30th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 42

Matt Ion wrote:

NO rectangular sensor is the perfect shape - the optimum sensor shape is
circular, to match the actual light pattern projected by the lens.
Anything else is a waste of...
Forum: Digital Photography May 30th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43

Matt Ion wrote:

NO rectangular sensor is the perfect shape - the optimum sensor shape is
circular, to match the actual light pattern projected by the lens.
Anything else is a waste of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 30th 09, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 79
Posted By Peter Chant[_2_]
Storing raw / storage / editing

Bob Larter wrote:

Delete the crap, keep the rest.

Yes, trying to work out which is the crap is the hard bit!

The golden rule is that if you're not sure about a given photo, it's
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125