Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dickr2
Forum: Digital Photography February 4th 11, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 44
Posted By dickr2
[SI] Yet another bad one

Bowser wrote:
The latest addition to Bad Travel:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/132292512

Maybe it's just me, but I think some travel photos document places
you've been, people, sites and...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 11, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 62
Posted By dickr2
The Myth of the Unmanipulated Image

Way back when I was using a Canon T90 film camera, it was easy
to take double or even triple exposures. I have a double exposure
shot of the moon over a California sunset ... somewhere.
Since I'm...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 12th 11, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Replies: 30
Posted By dickr2
Chodachrome processing on life support

Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
"Eric Stevens" wrote in message

The quality of the results are not the point at issue....
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 27th 10, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By dickr2
I had a vision ...

Of using a mirror lens complete with it's doughnut effect to capture
snowflakes in the air, either during the day or at night. It's
just a thought, and no need to respond if you think I'm nuts -
I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 22nd 10, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 61
Posted By dickr2
Fujinon X100

Robert Coe wrote:

snip

Does anybody remember what the question is? I'm afraid I don't.

As I recall,the original post was about a nice retro Fuji Camera.
Seems the thread was taken over by...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 12th 10, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By dickr2
[SI] Night Shots date change! Now due 12/23/10

tony cooper wrote:
snip

Can you push back Christmas, too? I can't figure out what to get my
wife.

Tony, whatever you do, don't buy her a Lexus because she'll say:
"You spent OUR money on...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 10, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45

tony cooper wrote:
snip

Can you push back Christmas, too? I can't figure out what to get my
wife.

Tony, whatever you do, don't buy her a Lexus because she'll say:
"You spent OUR money on...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 8th 10, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By dickr2
Back on track, let's talk about cameras

There are probably other folks like me who still use
film cameras because they have a lot of good lenses and
camera bodies that still function well. In my case, I'm
using the old Canon FD lenses on a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 1st 10, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 174
Posted By dickr2
What's your favorite all-purpose lens? Hey KW Hart

K W Hart wrote:
"dickr2" wrote in message

You're going out for the day, maybe just to walk around, visit
friends, etc., and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 1st 10, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On 2010-12-01 17:43:00 +0000, John McWilliams said:

On 11/30/10 PDT 11:17 PM, Paul Furman wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

I hardly ever travel without some 6 lenses in...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 29th 10, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 174
Posted By dickr2
What's your favorite all-purpose lens?

You're going out for the day, maybe just to walk around, visit
friends, etc., and you don't want to carry a camera bag with a
bunch of lenses. What would be your favorite lens?
Mine would be an old...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 26th 10, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By dickr2
Canon T 90 users

chasquipampa wrote:

I have recently bought a T 90 from eBay. I have the Canon Speedlite 300
TL flash unit for it. I need to buy some more fixed focus FD/mount
lenses
500mm, two doublers...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 23rd 10, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By dickr2
Canon T 90 users

chasquipampa wrote:
Can Canon T 90 users exchange information with me ?

Yes! Even though both my T90s no longer function I can't
bear to throw them away. Certainly one of the best cameras
Canon...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 24th 10, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 41
Posted By dickr2
Besides me, how many folks in this NG are still using 35mm film?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 10/24/2010 11:14 AM dickr2 spake thus:

I'm still using a pair of Canon A-1s and a Canon T70 that still works.
Lots of Canon lenses and also a 500mm mirror, a nice...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 24th 10, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 41
Posted By dickr2
Besides me, how many folks in this NG are still using 35mm film?

Harold Gough wrote:
snip

I started with an A1, from new, but, apart from a 50mm lens and a 20mm
bellows lens, I started building up a collection of Adaptall-2 lenses.
They work as well on...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 22nd 10, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 41
Posted By dickr2
Besides me, how many folks in this NG are still using 35mm film?

Harold Gough wrote:
snip

I have chosen (I'm not at all "stuck") to remain on 35mm because:

!) I have a huge range of lenses for 35mm, based on Olympus OM

2) I have virtually the full...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 21st 10, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By dickr2
Anyone any experience scanning with...

I've been thinking about scanning some of my 35mm slides
for many years, but I haven't got a roundtoit. Some years
ago I recall a Nikon Coolscan, but it was too expensive at
the time. I'm also...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 9th 10, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 41
Posted By dickr2
Besides me, how many folks in this NG are still using 35mm film?

Cheesehead wrote:
On Oct 9, 2:46 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Film is like Jesus. It's been dead for years, but some folks still
worship it.

and I still use a turntable,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 1st 10, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 41
Posted By dickr2
Besides me, how many folks in this NG are still using 35mm film?

pbromaghin wrote:

snip

Everybody tells me to go digital, but when did they ever tell the guy
driving a '57 chevy that he should get an Accord?

Oh the memories. 1957 Chev with a 283ci /...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 30th 10, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 41
Posted By dickr2
Besides me, how many folks in this NG are still using 35mm film?

Just curious.
When I get the film developed I'll get prints, negatives and the
photos on a CD. I've loaded photos from my digital camera onto my
PC and copied those files onto a CD for backup ... and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 20th 10, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 21
Posted By dickr2
have i managed to buy a camera with two faulty lenses

On 2010-09-20 09:51:28 +0100, Bruce said:

Paul Furman wrote:

sean-sheehan wrote:

thanks everyone its a canon av-1 with standard fd canon...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 10, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By dickr2
Suggestions for photo ideas?

Tim Conway wrote:

snip
I assume that for birding, you would focus on a nest and wait for some
action to take place there. Obviously, you couldn't follow a bird in
flight. Is there a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 10, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By dickr2
Suggestions for photo ideas?

K W Hart wrote:
So, I've got this lens- a 1200mm Canon. It's a pretty piece of glass, but I
haven't come up with any ideas of what to use it for.

So far, I've got two nice shots: one is a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 2nd 10, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 21
Posted By dickr2
have i managed to buy a camera with two faulty lenses

David Nebenzahl wrote:
snip

The AV-1 works as has been described for other cameras of this vintage:
if you operate the f-top ring, the lens does *not* stop down.

And it seems as if...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 2nd 10, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 21
Posted By dickr2
have i managed to buy a camera with two faulty lenses

David Nebenzahl wrote:
snip

Most (almost all?) non-electronic, mostly-mechanical cameras (35mm SLRs)
use "wide-open" viewing, so the aperture doesn't close until the shutter
is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35