Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Bartram
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 09, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 42
Posted By Paul Bartram
Finally, the GPS manufacturers realize a common power supply is the right approach

"ASAAR" wrote

As for P&S cameras, most of my CoolPixen and all of the
Fujis and Canons and one Panny use AA batteries.

Unfortunately, my Coolpix 995 uses the EN-EL1 battery, so I...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 09, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 42
Posted By Paul Bartram
Finally, the GPS manufacturers realize a common power supply is the right approach

"J. Clarke" wrote

I have no problem at all with the government requiring standardized
interfaces for common electrical devices.

They should start with the common...
Forum: Digital Photography June 28th 09, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Bartram
OT - Michael Jackson's Noses

"dave" wrote

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Not sure how true this is.

Then why post, this is a photo group.

What? And be the only group on Usenet NOT to have a Michael...
Forum: Digital Photography June 15th 09, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Posted By Paul Bartram
What a waste these groups are...

"Savageduck" wrote

Relax, enjoy it for what it is.
...but I agree there are times the digression from OP can be damaging to
the groups.

But at least there...
Forum: Digital Photography June 11th 09, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul Bartram
The Shot Seen 'Round the World

"ASAAR" wrote

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124424737510590641.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Finally, and none too soon!

I have to say, I've never seen that photo before, nor can...
Forum: Digital Photography June 8th 09, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Bartram
geld online poker , wo kann ich geld gewinn spiel etc. etc.

"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote

snippy
Leck mich am Arsch!

I don't speak German, but I have a *fair* idea what that means!

Paul
Forum: Digital Photography June 3rd 09, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Bartram
Will there be a digital TLR camera?

wrote

My question is whether there will be a digital TLR camera made
sometime in the future.

Can't really see the point of one. Viewing from the overhead position that...
Forum: Digital Photography May 21st 09, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Paul Bartram
Ah, Cardiff, City of Culture

That title, for whatever reason, immediately made me think of the classic
Peter Sellers sketch "Bal-ham, Gateway to the South". Has the same ring to
it!

Paul
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 09, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 102
Posted By Paul Bartram
It's just wrong

"whisky-dave" wrote

Do we know the name or title of this statue or the name of the
sculpture/artist whatever.

When this thread started I did a Google and Google...
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 09, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 323
Posted By Paul Bartram
grim news for photographers tourism and rights

"tony cooper" wrote

The photographer was charged with public harassment and
causing alarm and distress based on the father's complaint.

They should also arrest...
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 09, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Bartram
[O/T] The 'Tallest Building' thread - how it's looking right now...

....By which I actually meant 'Scenic Areas' thread. Way to ruin the moment,
Paul!

Paul
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 09, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Bartram
[O/T] The 'Tallest Building' thread - how it's looking right now...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/mykoalabear/full_load.jpg

Tickets please!
Forum: Digital Photography May 12th 09, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Bartram
Ten years of digital photography

"Gary Edstrom" wrote

For comparison, in all the 27 years I used my 35mm film camera starting
in 1974, I only took a total of 2,859 pictures. That's 14.6 times as
many...
Forum: Digital Photography May 3rd 09, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Paul Bartram
Interesting Site

"Me" wrote

...XP on another really old machine (this
one). This is an old AMD Athlon with 3gb Ram and IDE drives running XP.

Oh now you're making me feel depressed. My...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 09, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Bartram
White House using stitched photos?

"Twibil" wrote

Google Earth shows one clearly, and located right where the picture
was taken too. However, it also shows a tree bordering/overhanging the
golf green that...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 09, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Bartram
White House using stitched photos?

"Bob Larter" wrote

Look at it closely, it's obviously the shadow of a branch.

Can't see a tree there on any aerial views of the White house I've found so
far. More likely...
Forum: Digital Photography April 30th 09, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul Bartram
suggestions for large group shot

"Shawn Hirn" wrote

A panoramic shot might work best.

That reminds me of those special film cameras they used to take school group
shots. The lens slowly panned across the sea...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 09, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Bartram
New York scare

Reading news reports of the panic caused by a photo shoot of Air Force One
over New York yesterday, I can't help wondering if whoever ordered that
mission had ever heard of Photoshop? Would have...
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 09, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Bartram
Great forum!

"Focus" wrote

Funny: he counts the posts, but reverses my name. And you too.

Yes, I'm aware 'Bertram' has been used as a given name for a long time (I
think 'Bertie' is the common...
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 09, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Bartram
Great forum!

"Bob Larter" wrote

Is there some particular reason you felt it necessary to spam that URL to
*11* different groups?

Same reason you did (but notice I didn't!)

Paul
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 09, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Bartram
Great forum!

"^Tems^" wrote:

A great forum with 7 posts with all but one of these made by Paul Bertram

Wow, nearly had a seizure there. Had to go look to make sure I hadn't had my...
Forum: Digital Photography April 12th 09, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Bartram
What kind of fish is this?

"JoelH" wrote

People were so helpful here when I tried to identify a bird that I'm
asking a harder question. Can anyone tell what kind of fish this is:
Forum: Digital Photography April 11th 09, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 116
Posted By Paul Bartram
Another Camera Seized

wrote

Not in NSW. They test you at every renewal.

Oops, I meant the other Oz - Queensland!

Paul
Forum: Digital Photography April 11th 09, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 116
Posted By Paul Bartram
Another Camera Seized

"Dudley Hanks" wrote

In most states / provinces, anybody can get a licence who is not legally
blind. Legally blind is less than 10% normal vision, so that means...
Forum: Digital Photography April 10th 09, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 116
Posted By Paul Bartram
Another Camera Seized

"Paul Bartram" paul.bartram AT OR NEAR lizzy.com.au wrote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/08/ian-tomlinson-g20-police-assault-footage

Here's a case where a video shot by a civilian is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125