Showing results 1 to 25 of 69
Search took 2.45 seconds.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 4th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
In-camera aperture vs. In-lens apertu What's the difference?

On May 4, 1:39 pm, LooksLikeRain wrote:
If my lens is only
rated for 3.4-5.6 aperture, then will it do me any good to set my
camera aperture to say f/11 or f/22 or is that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 5th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Canon 300D lenses: I like the 50/1.8, what's next?

Hi,

I've been using a Digital Rebel (300D) for a few years now. I've been
shooting with the 18-55 kit lens, and I've augmented that with the
75-300 IS and the famous 50/1.8. I'm happy with the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 5th 07, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Recomadation for free photo storage site? Or not?

On Apr 5, 1:48 am, "Harbin Osteen" wrote:
Want to post some photos, but I don't have a web page, and not sure
I want to use MySpace. Any good free storage sites?

Try...
Forum: Digital Photography January 24th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Photo Album

On Jan 24, 12:33 pm, "Andy Petro" wrote:
I recently saw a photo album size 8x10 in which all the pictures were
printed directly unto the page, in selected locations,
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 18th 07, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Carrying Practices

Deputy Dog (removethis) wrote:
This sounds as if it came out of rec.guns. Today on the way home in south
east PA there was a spectacular sunset and I mean spectacular and I found
myself wishing...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 07, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
photoblogs

Lew wrote:
How do I find your blog?

It's at http://dshpak.wordpress.com

I didn't include the link in my first message because, frankly, I
didn't think anybody would care, and most of the photos...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
photoblogs

JC Dill wrote:
I'm looking to start a daily photoblog. Does anyone here do a
photoblog? I'm interested in considering both using a photo specific
site, using my own site, or a combination of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 4th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Colour management for non-colour-managed apps?

Derek Fountain wrote:
The best you can do is ensure the
image looks OK without colour management on your monitor, or on the
"typical" monitor. What it will *actually* look like on the user's
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 3rd 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Colour management for non-colour-managed apps?

Hi,

I post a lot of images on my web site. Now, as far as I know, web
browsers don't do any colour management. Assuming a properly calibrated
monitor, can anyone suggest what I should be doing to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 28th 06, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Photo 365: A New Year's resolution for every photographer

I recently ran across a concept called "Photo 365". The idea is simple:
take a photo every day for a year. Subject matter is irrelevant. It
doesn't have to be stunning artwork for the ages. You just...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 06, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Photo 365: A New Year's resolution for every photographer

I recently ran across a concept called "Photo 365". The idea is simple:
take a photo every day for a year. Subject matter is irrelevant. It
doesn't have to be stunning artwork for the ages. You just...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 28th 06, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Photo 365: A New Year's resolution for every photographer

I recently ran across a concept called "Photo 365". The idea is simple:
take a photo every day for a year. Subject matter is irrelevant. It
doesn't have to be stunning artwork for the ages. You just...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 14th 06, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Table for x zoom and mm

wrote:
Hi,

Where can I find a table which translate the x zoom to equivalent mm
for lens.

Say if a camera is 3x zoom
what is the lens in mm

There's no way to convert...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 13th 06, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
How do I know if an IS lens is working?

Mardon wrote:
"William Graham" wrote:

I would find a 70+ year old friend, and....Wait! I am 71, so I
would do) have him take some hand held shots at around 1/50 of a
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 13th 06, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20

Mardon wrote:
"William Graham" wrote:

I would find a 70+ year old friend, and....Wait! I am 71, so I
would do) have him take some hand held shots at around 1/50 of a
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 3rd 06, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
How do I know if an IS lens is working?

Paul Furman wrote:
Well I have Nikon VR but yes it makes a whirring sound when you tap the
shutter, then turns off in a few seconds. Since we're not afraid of dumb
questions, is it possible the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 3rd 06, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Paul Furman wrote:
Well I have Nikon VR but yes it makes a whirring sound when you tap the
shutter, then turns off in a few seconds. Since we're not afraid of dumb
questions, is it possible the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 3rd 06, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
How do I know if an IS lens is working?

jean wrote:
If you paid with a credit card you may have doubled the warranty, check your
terms and conditions. I pay all my high tech stuff with my credit card and
a couple of times it was...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 3rd 06, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

jean wrote:
If you paid with a credit card you may have doubled the warranty, check your
terms and conditions. I pay all my high tech stuff with my credit card and
a couple of times it was...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 3rd 06, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
How do I know if an IS lens is working?

Måns Rullgård wrote:

The IS normally makes a little noise. Typically there is also a (more
noticeable) click when it starts and stops. A quick check is quite
simple. First, make sure the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 3rd 06, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Måns Rullgård wrote:

The IS normally makes a little noise. Typically there is also a (more
noticeable) click when it starts and stops. A quick check is quite
simple. First, make sure the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 3rd 06, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
How do I know if an IS lens is working?

Bit of an odd question here, but...

I bought a Canon 75-300 IS lens some time ago. It's the only IS lens I
own, and the only one I've ever used. When I got it, the first thing I
did, naturally, was...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 3rd 06, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
How do I know if an IS lens is working?

Bit of an odd question here, but...

I bought a Canon 75-300 IS lens some time ago. It's the only IS lens I
own, and the only one I've ever used. When I got it, the first thing I
did, naturally, was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 2nd 06, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
My experience getting a book printed by Blurb

Matt Clara wrote:
"RPN" wrote in message

I don't think I would ever feel the need to publish a book, but I also
found it...
Forum: Digital Photography December 2nd 06, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography