Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Philip Homburg
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 26th 09, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 50
Posted By Philip Homburg
Just won't give up - polaroid film buffs

In article ,
"mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH wrote:
Philip Homburg wrote:
In article ,
Alan...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 26th 09, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 50
Posted By Philip Homburg
Just won't give up - polaroid film buffs

In article ,
Alan Browne wrote:
Sounds like fun!

I think it's amazing that someone is willing to spend that to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 19th 09, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By Philip Homburg
Another source condemns 3:2 format

In article ,
Peter Chant wrote:
Also begs the question of what happens if you like shooting square formats?

Then you are out of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 19th 09, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Philip Homburg
Another source condemns 3:2 format

In article ,
RichA wrote:
The editorial in Amateur Photographer for May 16th.
Maybe condemn is too strong,...
Forum: Digital Photography May 19th 09, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12

RichA wrote:
The editorial in Amateur Photographer for May 16th.
Maybe condemn is too strong,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 18th 09, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Philip Homburg
Anyone still use a Nikon F4?

In article ,
Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
I have an F4S, but I prefer an F3/MD4 or FM2. Habit, I guess.
OTOH, the F4S feels the ruggedest...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 7th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Philip Homburg
Anyone Using AI Lenses And Manual Focus On A Nikon D200?

In article ,
David Ruether wrote:
"Philip Homburg" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 6th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Philip Homburg
Anyone Using AI Lenses And Manual Focus On A Nikon D200?

In article ,
David Ruether wrote:
"flaming-o" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 11th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Philip Homburg
D3 - big lens - tripod problem

In article 2KMKj.13023$lt2.10798@trndny05,
Mike -- Email Ignored wrote:
So I finally thought I knew enough about my new
D3 to take a serious picture with it. So I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 31st 08, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By Philip Homburg
Sony: 24.5 megapixel FF sensor announced

In article ,
Dag wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:48:04 +0100, Philip Homburg wrote:
In article...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 31st 08, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By Philip Homburg
Sony: 24.5 megapixel FF sensor announced

In article ,
Paul Furman wrote:
It got a wow out of me but then they don't say what the price is, and
they don't say it's...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 14th 07, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 42
Posted By Philip Homburg
Now that Nikon is outselling Canon....

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:
Nor would the effective loss of aperture from the focusing system
trigger such a focus shift...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 14th 07, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 42
Posted By Philip Homburg
Now that Nikon is outselling Canon....

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:
Agreed, but the person explicitly stated that he was using the
focus screen for all his lenses,...
Forum: Digital Photography September 12th 07, 04:55 PM Posted to aus.photo,fr.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Philip Homburg
You can with a Nikon, not with a Canon ;-))

In article ,
/dev/null nntp.server.net wrote:
Well that is a load of BULL****!!! The flash synch speed is the maximum
shutter speed that doesn't...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 1st 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Philip Homburg
160S/160C vs 160NC/160VC

In article , Bill Tuthill wrote:
Thanks Michael and Philip! Interesting datapoints.
Weird that the Nikon scanner makes Pro 160 look grainier than...
Forum: Film & Labs September 1st 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Philip Homburg
160S/160C vs 160NC/160VC

In article , Bill Tuthill wrote:
Thanks Michael and Philip! Interesting datapoints.
Weird that the Nikon scanner makes Pro 160 look grainier than...
Forum: Film & Labs August 31st 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Philip Homburg
160S/160C vs 160NC/160VC

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:
wrote:

Somebody..???

I've shot both, but I've never done a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 31st 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Philip Homburg
160S/160C vs 160NC/160VC

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:
wrote:

Somebody..???

I've shot both, but I've never done a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 26th 07, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By Philip Homburg
Nikon blast - good news!

In article ,
Alan Browne wrote:
Philip Homburg wrote:
In article ,
Alan Browne ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 25th 07, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 41
Posted By Philip Homburg
Nikon blast - good news!

In article ,
Alan Browne wrote:
OTOH: I would bet that most who will shell out for a D3 don't even own
DX glass...

That strikes...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 14th 07, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Philip Homburg
Hard to break into National Geographic's staff.

In article ,
William Graham wrote:
Peter Nero

As always, just putting some mp3 or avi online is too hard for most artists.
For...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 14th 07, 08:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Philip Homburg
Hard to break into National Geographic's staff.

In article ,
William Graham wrote:
I received another reply to my rather flippant answer to the NG
answer.....Here it is in its...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 13th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Philip Homburg
Hard to break into National Geographic's staff.

In article ,
William Graham wrote:
"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message
Always has...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 2nd 07, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 80
Posted By Philip Homburg
NIkon rumors

In article ,
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Philip Homburg wrote:

What's the point of hiring a pro and then...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 1st 07, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 49
Posted By Philip Homburg
Why current silver DSLRs make people want to vomit

In article ,
David Kilpatrick wrote:
If you rub down many silver-chrome plated polycarbonate body cameras,
the next layer which...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125