Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 3.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Frank H
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Frank H
G10 memory battery internal?

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 11:33:28 -0500, Sheila
wrote:

Thank Frank for the information. I guess I will want to keep my battery
in my camera.

Hi Sheila,

Are you otherwise...
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 09, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Frank H
G10 memory battery internal?

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 01:01:24 +0100, Ofnuts
wrote:

Given the planned longevity and obsolescence of the camera, that would
be the least of my worries.

Yes Bertrand, you...
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 09, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Frank H
G10 memory battery internal?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:30:14 -0500, Sheila
wrote:

Frank H wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:54:33 -0500, Sheila
wrote:

Are you just...
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 09, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Frank H
G10 memory battery internal?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:07:25 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Odds are that they are using a supercapacitor for this purpose instead
of a coin cell.

--
Hi John,
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 09, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Frank H
G10 memory battery internal?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:54:33 -0500, Sheila
wrote:

Are you just talking about the camera battery. If so, it is on the
bottom of the camera, there is a slot that you push...
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 09, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Frank H
G10 memory battery internal?

Hi all

I have had a look at the Canon G10, as a second and travel camera, but
I could not see any battery to hold the memory, like I have in my S3
IS. Does one have to send this camera to a dealer...
Forum: Digital Photography May 15th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Frank H
Is the Olympus C5050 still one of the best non SLR digicams ever?

Thank you so much Steve B,
For posting this link to those very useful pictures.
If I get enough currage up, I will attempt to replace this capacitor
myself. Perhaps I better get the part to begin...
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Frank H
Is the Olympus C5050 still one of the best non SLR digicams ever?

P.S. I almost forgot ...the superb IR remote that came with it.

Cheers, Frank

On Wed, 14 May 2008 20:23:43 GMT, Frank H
wrote:

I own a 5050. Sadly, it lost...
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 08, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Frank H
Is the Olympus C5050 still one of the best non SLR digicams ever?

I own a 5050. Sadly, it lost the internal memory.
Whenever I change batteries, I have to plug in an auxil bat source, or
reset the whole thing to my specs afterwards.
So, ...I tried to find a camera...
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank H
Maximum card size, Canon S3 IS ?

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:05:14 GMT, Ted
wrote:

Thanks Ted, for your help.
This is the info I was looking for.
I appreciate your time.

Chers, Frank

..
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank H
Maximum card size, Canon S3 IS ?

Hi all,

What is the maximum size memory card I can use in my new S3 IS?
I thoought it was 2 gig, but is seems the previous poster is using a 4
gig card. Can the camera handle this, and also show the...
Forum: Digital Photography August 23rd 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Frank H
Canon S3 IS, total zoom?

Yes it is a great thing to have. I bought the same camera for the
wife, and she wants to use it to check plant growth. There are many
other uses for this I am sure.
It is a nice camera. Takes good...
Forum: Digital Photography August 23rd 07, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Frank H
Canon S3 IS, total zoom?

Thanks for the info Alllen,

I don't use the digital zoom either, but I needed to know the total
zoom.
I looked at the S5, and I did not like to have the SD card in the
battery compartment. I never...
Forum: Digital Photography August 23rd 07, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Frank H
Canon S3 IS, total zoom?

Hi all,

I am sort of new to the big zoom cameras, and I wonder about the
additional zoom of the S3 and others.
With a 12X optical and an additional 4X digital, does that make it
into an (although...
Forum: Digital Photography May 7th 07, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank H
Oly 5050 Z internal "battery" no longer holds date and time

On Mon, 7 May 2007 02:30:34 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , gacksakura-
says...
Hi...
Forum: Digital Photography May 6th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank H
Oly 5050 Z internal "battery" no longer holds date and time

Hi all,

My trusty Oly 5050 Zoom is now suffering from advanced Altzheimer's.
Whenever I have to change the AA's, I loose all date/time info, along
with the picture settings.
To get around this, I...
Forum: Digital Photography March 22nd 07, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Frank H
Incredible graffiti covered building in New York City

There are seven light bulbs in the one painting. I wonder where you
would get bulbs like that? I mean with the left-hand thread. Are they
from down -under?

Cheers, ...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 06, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Frank H
Time is near to replace my Oly C5050Zoom....what comes close?

Thanks SteveB, for your reply...
You pointed out at least two ways to go when the 5050 finally kicks
the bucket.
Cost is not a factor here, but size and quality is. Your directives
give me quite a...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 06, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Frank H
Time is near to replace my Oly C5050Zoom....what comes close?

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate every one of your idias.
The Fuji you mentioned deserves a good look, and the C8080.
If I have to go with proprietary power, I will run into problems for
sure....
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 06, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Frank H
Time is near to replace my Oly C5050Zoom....what comes close?

Hello Ray,

I took a look at the P850.
Looks nice, but can't use AA's, and has plastic body.
I did not check if it comes with a remote to work with it.
My search continues...

Cheers, Frank

On Wed,...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 06, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Frank H
Time is near to replace my Oly C5050Zoom....what comes close?

Hi all in Photoland,

I am starting to have problems with my trusty Oly C5050Z.
Soon I have to think of a replacement for this great camera.
Have any of you gone through this process of evaluating...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21