Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.92 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Turco
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 21, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By John Turco
Powerpoint DPI

On 4/23/2021 8:42 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 23, 2021, nospam wrote
(in ):

In ,
Forum: Digital Photography April 9th 20, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 94
Posted By John Turco
How to remove Rootkit malware from an Apple computer

On 4/9/2020 9:16 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

Most relied on floppies from magazines for system updates and even
Forum: Digital Photography April 2nd 20, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By John Turco
Test

Test.

John

https://www.avg.com
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 19, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By John Turco
Do you use Carbon Copy Cloner?

On 11/1/2019 6:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Nov 1, 2019, John Turco wrote
(in article ):

On 11/1/2019 12:24 PM, nospam wrote:
In...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 19, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By John Turco
Do you use Carbon Copy Cloner?

On 11/1/2019 12:24 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , ~BD~
wrote:

I've added the UK Mac group to troll even more

ftfy

What does...
Forum: Digital Photography April 18th 19, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By John Turco
Dpreview D.B.s are DESPERATE! FORCE you to watch a VIDEO to see acamera review!!

On 4/16/2019 3:57 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John Turco
wrote:

I clicked "conclusion" expecting to be taken to one. Instead, I...
Forum: Digital Photography April 16th 19, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By John Turco
Dpreview D.B.s are DESPERATE! FORCE you to watch a VIDEO to see acamera review!!

On 4/13/2019 4:41 PM, RichA wrote:
I clicked "conclusion" expecting to be taken to one. Instead, I was shuttled into the end of a VIDEO. I don't want to WATCH VIDEOS, most of these f------- are...
Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 18, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By John Turco
Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

On 8/2/2018 4:36 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John Turco
wrote:

---
Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 18, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By John Turco
Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

Finally, 100x optical zoom has been breached, if not shattered. Nikon's
"Coolpix P1000" sports a massive 125x lens, and includes many advanced
features (e.g., RAW).

The camera will debut in...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 18, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By John Turco
Kodak "PixPro AZ901" - 90x Optical Zoom!

On 7/1/2018 5:12 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Alfred Molon
says...

In article , John Turco says...
The...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 18, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By John Turco
Where's Tony Cooper?

Hey, Tony Cooper, you haven't posted (in "rec.photo.digital") in quite a
while...are you still around, man? (Or, are you merely lurking?)

John

---
Forum: Digital Photography June 29th 18, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By John Turco
Kodak "PixPro AZ901" - 90x Optical Zoom!

The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far...
Forum: Digital Photography June 3rd 18, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 45
Posted By John Turco
End Of An Era:

I heard on the local news, last night, that Canon is going to
discontinue its final film camera (a 35mm model).

Yet another nail in films's coffin?

John

---
Forum: Digital Photography May 3rd 18, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By John Turco
Nikon MILK 2019?

On 5/2/2018 4:14 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 2 May 2018 13:59:22 +0200, android wrote:

edited for brevity

For those that live on the dark side of the moon:

Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 18, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By John Turco
[OT] AnonCoward: More flooding? :)

removed 3 off-topic newsgroups

On 4/29/2018 1:36 AM, Diesel wrote:
WARNING: This is a completely off topic post that's several hundred
lines long and is crossposted to the following...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 18, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 109
Posted By John Turco
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windowswithout installing anything on either

On 3/6/2018 11:00 PM, PeterN wrote:

Just a bit of explanation. Last December my wife passed from large cell
lymphoma. Recently,m clinical trials were solicited using ATP to induce
remission...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 18, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 109
Posted By John Turco
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windowswithout installing anything on either

On 3/6/2018 11:00 PM, PeterN wrote:

heavily edited for brevity

Just a bit of explanation. Last December my wife passed from large cell
lymphoma. Recently,m clinical trials were solicited...
Forum: Digital Photography February 26th 18, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 57
Posted By John Turco
How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar

On 2/25/2018 12:53 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 2/22/2018 4:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:

heavily edited for brevity

The only collectable autographs I have, my father got in 1944 one a US
one dollar...
Forum: Digital Photography January 28th 18, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 110
Posted By John Turco
It's yet another special day today! (was - It is a special daytoday.

On 1/27/2018 5:07 PM, David B. wrote:
On 21/12/2017 23:01, David B. advised,

It is a special day today. It's the birthday of my late son, Nicholas.

It is yet *another* special day...
Forum: Digital Photography December 23rd 17, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By John Turco
Season's Greetings!

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

John

---
http://www.avg.com
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 17, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By John Turco
Cameras USA

To my knowledge, no cameras (digital or otherwise) are currently made in
the USA. Does anybody think that situation will change, anytime soon?
(Or, in the more distant future?)

John

---
This...
Forum: Digital Photography September 29th 17, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By John Turco
"Super Zoom" Wars Over?

The widest-zoom (83x) digicam (Nikon "Coolpix P900") was introduced
during 2015. Does the fact that no higher-zoom camera has come out,
since then, mean that the "super zoom" wars have finally...
Forum: Digital Photography August 22nd 17, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By John Turco
Warning do not use Lee solar filters

On 8/22/2017 8:33 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/22/2017 12:06 AM, Davoud wrote:
Davoud:
There are two equally valid points of view on the matter. I'm an
astrophotographer...
Forum: Digital Photography July 24th 17, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By John Turco
Is "Fujifilm" an archaic name?

Kodak had often been accused of neglecting its digital camera business,
in favor of its film sales.

Well, then, what does one say of Fujifilm, which includes the word
"film" in the company's...
Forum: Digital Photography May 7th 17, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
Posted By John Turco
Cat photo

On 5/6/2017 3:48 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 5/6/2017 4:21 PM, Savageduck wrote:

heavily edited for brevity

BTW: Are you making your trip to Sanibel this year?

We would like to, but it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125