Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hoshisato
Forum: Digital Photography December 5th 07, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Hoshisato
Chicago based shops that sell Pentax mount lenses

Do you have any recommendations for Chicago based shops that sell
Pentax mount lenses? I'll be travelling there next month.
Forum: Digital Photography August 12th 07, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Hoshisato
Adobe DNG, Ricoh GR Digital and Mac OS X

On Aug 12, 1:26 am, "babaloo" wrote:
snip
It isn't OSX per se.
Why would an Apple software product, Aperture, support the proprietary
format (DNG) of a competitor,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 12th 07, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Hoshisato
Watching jpegs burned to DVD on DVD player

On Aug 12, 3:33 am, Uncle Scotty wrote:
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and burned a DVD of jpegs using
the burn icon in Windows Explorer. I intended these...
Forum: Digital Photography July 31st 07, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 82
Posted By Hoshisato
The megapixel insanity continues

On Jul 31, 3:57 am, Rich wrote:
The last batch of these overpriced Samsungs produced miserable
pictures. Now this?

From dpreview:

Samsung NV range updated
Click...
Forum: Digital Photography June 28th 07, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Hoshisato
Can photo (time and f-stop) info be recorded automatically?

On Jun 28, 5:10 am, wrote:
I wonder if some digital cameras record the time and f-stop for each
photo which is taken automatically. How do people keep the time and f-
stop on...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment June 28th 07, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc

On Jun 28, 5:10 am, wrote:
I wonder if some digital cameras record the time and f-stop for each
photo which is taken automatically. How do people keep the time and f-
stop on...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Hoshisato
Night shot, how was it done?

On Jun 27, 4:45 am, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
Hoshisato wrote:
I'm looking at this shot and wonder how the photographer made it work:
Forum: Digital Photography June 26th 07, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Hoshisato
Night shot, how was it done?

I'm looking at this shot and wonder how the photographer made it work:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/futura/493098518/in/set-72157594562627177/
I realize that the shot is out of focus, but each time I...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 07, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 50
Posted By Hoshisato
Why use raw?

On Jun 21, 2:23 am, JP wrote:
Ok so i patched my S3IS. I like some of the tools that came with the CHKD
patch. one is the ability to shoot raw images. so now not only...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 07, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Hoshisato
Compact recommendations?

I am looking for a digital compact with optical zoom that also allows
to control the depth of field manually in a slightly better way than
just picking a couple of pre-set icons from the setup...
Forum: Photographing Nature June 2nd 07, 09:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 2
Posted By Hoshisato
Begining Nature photographer

On May 19, 5:35 pm, "news" wrote:
Visit my site and please leave comments, Thankswww.wilkersonphotography.com

The page worked well enough for me; I like your black and...
Forum: Digital Photography June 1st 07, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Hoshisato
Portfolio question

On May 31, 9:06 pm, Ben Miller wrote:
I have been putting together a portfolio/slide show in Power Point for
CD distribution. My first issue is culling the images - my...
Forum: Digital Photography May 31st 07, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Hoshisato
Duotones in PS Elements 5?

I got a couple of ADO files and want to use them but unfortunately I'm
using PS Elements 5 and the Duotones option is missing from the menu.
Is there a way to do it via Elements 5 or is there a...
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 07, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Hoshisato
nice wide lens, for Pentax , anyone ?

On May 15, 7:31 pm, Over G wrote:
On May 15, 8:52 pm, Hoshisato wrote:

On May 15, 2:24 pm, Over G wrote:

hi

I...
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 07, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

On May 15, 7:31 pm, Over G wrote:
On May 15, 8:52 pm, Hoshisato wrote:

On May 15, 2:24 pm, Over G wrote:

hi

I...
Forum: Digital Photography May 15th 07, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Hoshisato
nice wide lens, for Pentax , anyone ?

On May 15, 2:24 pm, Over G wrote:
hi

I would like to buy a nice long range lens (something like the sigma
18-125)
what can you recommand, and how is the Sigma btw ?

Forum: Digital Photography May 15th 07, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Hoshisato
JOBO Giga Vu Pro evolution

I'm mighty tempted buying this portable storage unit, the reviews look
really great but I'm looking for some feedback of actual users. Could
you post your experiences...
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 07, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Hoshisato
Pentax prices

On May 14, 1:21 am, wrote:
Hi
I'm currently in Europe and am coming home on leave. Can anyone give
me the location of a mial order firm with the best US$ prices on the
Forum: Digital Photography May 13th 07, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Hoshisato
Photo Sharing Sites

On May 13, 12:40 am, ggrothendieck wrote:
About 2 years ago I was looking for photo sharing sites and did not
find any that satisfied all my criteria but...
Forum: Digital Photography May 5th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Hoshisato
GeoTagging

On May 4, 3:29 pm, MidNight Mapper wrote:
Any pointers on geotagging my Nikon d200 images?

You might want to look into the following tools:
+...
Forum: Digital Photography May 4th 07, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Hoshisato
Camera Raw 4.0 update

Just to let you know that a Camera Raw 4.0 update is available for
Photoshop Elements 5 which seems to add quite some more features. I
have been using the 'Update' option from the Photoshop menu from...
Forum: General Photography Techniques April 9th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.technique.misc,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Hoshisato
Where to develop B&W film in London?

I'm looking for a good address to have Black&White 35mm film developed
in London. I tried Jessops but they took 2 weeks and the negatives had
lots of calcium deposits on them. Any suggestions?
Forum: Digital Photography April 9th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.technique.misc,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Hoshisato
Where to develop B&W film in London?

I'm looking for a good address to have Black&White 35mm film developed
in London. I tried Jessops but they took 2 weeks and the negatives had
lots of calcium deposits on them. Any suggestions?
Forum: Digital Photography February 25th 07, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Hoshisato
Pentax *ist DS

On Feb 25, 2:02 am, "John Loomis" wrote:
Hello,
I am an amateur digital photographer, and actually do pretty well but
need to learn much.
What would be a great close-up...
Forum: Digital Photography February 23rd 07, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Hoshisato
Microsoft Photo Info 1.0

FYI: Microsoft added this tool to their download site yesterday, it
sounds like an EXIF header editor and viewer:

Microsoft Photo Info is an add-in for Windows that allows
photographers to add,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43