Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

From: "Pat Cheney"

| On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:20:45 -0800, John Navas wrote:

The disk in drive E: cannot be formatted.

Did you use Disk Administrator, as I suggested?

| Hi...
Forum: Digital Photography March 2nd 07, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 11
Posted By David H. Lipman
Cell phone picture gallery - Please check it out

| If I am in trouble,

| snip

Oh boy...
Pull your CAC out of the reader, look at it carefully and remember where YOU are!
Forum: Digital Photography March 1st 07, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 11
Posted By David H. Lipman
Cell phone picture gallery - Please check it out

| Sorry you think it is spam. I ask every TWO or THREE weeks - not
| every day, and considering some of the crap on here - I would not
| consider my request spam. I...
Forum: Digital Photography March 1st 07, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 11
Posted By David H. Lipman
Cell phone picture gallery - Please check it out

| Hi again,
| Does anyone ever take pictures with their cell phone cameras? I do.
| And I have found that I can take some creative pictures with what I
| would call a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment January 12th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 237
Posted By David H. Lipman
It's Lens

From: "Richard Polhill"

From: "Richard Polhill"

| Note that not one AUTHORITATIVE source...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 12th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 240
Posted By David H. Lipman
It's Lens

From: "Richard Polhill"

From: "Richard Polhill"

| Note that not one AUTHORITATIVE source...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment January 11th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 237
Posted By David H. Lipman
It's Lens

From: "Richard Polhill"

| Note that not one AUTHORITATIVE source agrees.
|
| Webster, Oxford and Chambers disagree.

Who cares !

That's good enough for an...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 11th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 240
Posted By David H. Lipman
It's Lens

From: "Richard Polhill"

| Note that not one AUTHORITATIVE source agrees.
|
| Webster, Oxford and Chambers disagree.

Who cares !

That's good enough for an...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 10th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 240
Posted By David H. Lipman
It's Lens

From: "JimKramer"

| Richard Polhill wrote:
The word is lens: there is no trailing E.

Take the time to check a dictionary every now and then.

Thank you

Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment January 10th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 237
Posted By David H. Lipman
It's Lens

From: "JimKramer"

| Richard Polhill wrote:
The word is lens: there is no trailing E.

Take the time to check a dictionary every now and then.

Thank you

Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 22
Posted By David H. Lipman
Cell Phone Picture Gallery

From: "Ron Hunter"

| The problem I have seen with cell phone pictures it that the transfers
| often produce damaged .jpg files. Surely this causes a bit of trouble
| for...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 06, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By David H. Lipman
Cross Posting Test #4

From: "Fruit2O"

Please do NOT abuse non-test News Groups with test posts when there are so *many* Test News
Groups.

--...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 06, 01:29 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 124
Posted By David H. Lipman
Top tips

From: "Alex"

| 1. Explore the same subject over a series of shots.
| 2. Expect to wait for the perfect shot.
| 3. Don't delete any so-so shots until you get to your computer at home
| (in...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 31st 06, 01:29 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 116
Posted By David H. Lipman
Top tips

From: "Alex"

| 1. Explore the same subject over a series of shots.
| 2. Expect to wait for the perfect shot.
| 3. Don't delete any so-so shots until you get to your computer at home
| (in...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 06, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 124
Posted By David H. Lipman
Top tips

From: "Alex"

| He's giving a "tip" not a "tutorial". Tips are usually short and
| sweet. The fact that most people don't use polarizers (or own one)
| makes his tip a good one - it'll...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 31st 06, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 116
Posted By David H. Lipman
Top tips

From: "Alex"

| He's giving a "tip" not a "tutorial". Tips are usually short and
| sweet. The fact that most people don't use polarizers (or own one)
| makes his tip a good one - it'll...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 06, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 124
Posted By David H. Lipman
Top tips

From: "Mike"

Use a Circular polarizer when shooting near glass and water.

Use a UV filter outdoors on bright, sunny, days.

| These tips are lame. Eliminating...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 31st 06, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 116
Posted By David H. Lipman
Top tips

From: "Mike"

Use a Circular polarizer when shooting near glass and water.

Use a UV filter outdoors on bright, sunny, days.

| These tips are lame. Eliminating...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 30th 06, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 116
Posted By David H. Lipman
Top tips

From: "Kev" (replacenumbersforletters)

| Hi,
|
| I seen a recent posting with a link to a list of top ten tips ""most pros
| would agree are top of the list to make sure...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 06, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 124
Posted By David H. Lipman
Top tips

From: "Kev" (replacenumbersforletters)

| Hi,
|
| I seen a recent posting with a link to a list of top ten tips ""most pros
| would agree are top of the list to make sure...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 06, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By David H. Lipman
very first HDRs

From: "Steve B"

| I'm a firm believer that everyone is entitled to one stupid question per
| month without penalty.
|
| So, I'll use mine for this month.
|
| How do I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 12th 06, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By David H. Lipman
What do you think of the 4GB and 8GB GigaBank Mini HDs?

From: "AZ Nomad"

| A device that is 4 times the size isn't going to get full so quickly.
| I can't believe I have to explain this.

Looking back at the other post and...
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 06, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

From: "AZ Nomad"

| A device that is 4 times the size isn't going to get full so quickly.
| I can't believe I have to explain this.

Looking back at the other post and...
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 06, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

From: "AZ Nomad"

| You'd loose data if your media was full and you tried to take a picture.

Huh ?

At that moment your camera will decrement the number of available...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 12th 06, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

From: "AZ Nomad"

| You'd loose data if your media was full and you tried to take a picture.

Huh ?

At that moment your camera will decrement the number of available...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31