Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 2.87 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stan Beck
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 07, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 24
Posted By Stan Beck
National Geographic Society

NGS photographers own their own gear, and some like Nikon, others like
Canon. Generally, Canon has a greater share of the market. However, there
are situations that call of larger format. ...
Forum: Digital Photography July 26th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 10
Posted By Stan Beck
New Panasonic Lumix FZ18

I have the DMC FZ10 - 5 mp - (besides my D200) and it delivers good photos.
I would be less concerned with the 18x zoom than the size of the sensor. I
think 6 or 7 mp is plenty - 8mp, and...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 07, 03:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 134
Posted By Stan Beck
Consumer Reports rated digital photo editors including freeware

I downloaded it to take a look. Looks pretty good for freeware. One thing
that troubles me is that there is no real help (I can figure it out, but
some might not be able to). There is an option...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 07, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 122
Posted By Stan Beck
Leica lens on Panasonic subcompact - any good?

You are paying $3000 for the red dot, not the camera. It's not how much
something is worth, but rather how much you can get for it.

--
The smaller the fine print, the less you will like what it...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 07, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 122
Posted By Stan Beck
Leica lens on Panasonic subcompact - any good?

Or a crack in the lens - I can't wait for metal lenses.

--
The smaller the fine print, the less you will like what it says.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 07, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 122
Posted By Stan Beck
Leica lens on Panasonic subcompact - any good?

Yes, you didn't notice my little " ;-) "

The Panasonic is a nice little camera - I have one. Not as good as my Nikon
D200, but not bad. In the deal, Panasonic uses Nikon lenses, and Leica buys...
Forum: Digital Photography June 12th 07, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 122
Posted By Stan Beck
Leica lens on Panasonic subcompact - any good?

An interesting note is that some of Leica compact cameras are almost
identical to Panasonic, because that is what they are, with some minor spec
changes for Leica. Is it not curious that Panasonic...
Forum: Digital Photography May 21st 07, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 12
Posted By Stan Beck
Panasonic Lumix Fz8 vs Fz50

I have a Panasonic FZ10, and it's a great little camera, for it's class, and
was better than most of the comparable cameras of that time. But I can't
really compare it to my Nikon D200. ...
Forum: Digital Photography May 21st 07, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 12
Posted By Stan Beck
Panasonic Lumix Fz8 vs Fz50

I think you will find this interesting reading:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/compactcamerahighiso/

--
I really hate to eat on an empty stomach.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon...
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 07, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Stan Beck
Film vs. digital cameras

The most important thing is the person tripping the shutter. Both film and
digital can give good results.

--
I really hate to eat on an empty stomach.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment May 20th 07, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By Stan Beck
Film vs. digital cameras

The most important thing is the person tripping the shutter. Both film and
digital can give good results.

--
I really hate to eat on an empty stomach.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon...
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 12
Posted By Stan Beck
Panasonic Lumix Fz8 vs Fz50

If the sensors are the same size (I'm certain that they are) the 7 megapixel
will give overall better results than the 10 megapixel, which will have
considerably more noise in the image, and will...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment January 11th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 237
Posted By Stan Beck
It's Lens

I thought it was lenze.

--
You can take good photos with a bad camera, and horrible photos with a good
camera.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from address.
***
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 11th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 240
Posted By Stan Beck
It's Lens

I thought it was lenze.

--
You can take good photos with a bad camera, and horrible photos with a good
camera.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from address.
***
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 1st 06, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 14
Posted By Stan Beck
My experience getting a book printed by Blurb

Who publishes yours?

--
You can take good photos with a bad camera, and horrible photos with a good
camera.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from address.
***
Forum: Digital Photography December 1st 06, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 14
Posted By Stan Beck
My experience getting a book printed by Blurb

Who publishes yours?

--
You can take good photos with a bad camera, and horrible photos with a good
camera.

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from address.
***
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 1st 06, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 14
Posted By Stan Beck
My experience getting a book printed by Blurb

Thanks for the review.

There are many reasons why someone might self-publish other than for vanity.
It is always good to know some publishers who do a decent job.

--
You can take good photos with...
Forum: Digital Photography December 1st 06, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 14
Posted By Stan Beck
My experience getting a book printed by Blurb

Thanks for the review.

There are many reasons why someone might self-publish other than for vanity.
It is always good to know some publishers who do a decent job.

--
You can take good photos with...
Forum: Digital Photography November 11th 06, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Stan Beck
one-file HDR

Absolutely. Anything done to my eyes would be an act of desperation.

And thanks for the link. I'll spend a little time there.

--
You can take good photos with a bad camera, and horrible photos...
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 06, 12:55 PM Posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital

If most people knew how the human eye sees, they would wish they had a
camera instead.

The eye sees with hi res &color, only a few degrees directly forward.
Everything else is low res and moves to...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 06, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Stan Beck
Cross Posting Test #4

Well, there's always the kill file.

--
If time slows down as velocity increases, then my broadband connection must
be really fast !

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 06, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Stan Beck
Cross Posting Test #4

I don't understand why you are so interested in cross posting.

--
If time slows down as velocity increases, then my broadband connection must
be really fast !

Stan Beck From New Orleans to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 27th 06, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 35
Posted By Stan Beck
Organizing 10,000's of images?

--
If time slows down as velocity increases, then my broadband connection must
be really fast !

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from address.
***

"Richard H."...
Forum: Digital Photography October 27th 06, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 35
Posted By Stan Beck
Organizing 10,000's of images?

The most important thing to keep in mind is how you will be searching for
them. If you need to find something by date, than date is important. If
you need to find something by subject, then date...
Forum: Fine Art, Framing and Display October 27th 06, 02:26 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.technique.art,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Stan Beck
Poor prints from Photoshop CS2

Sorry, but I can't. As I said, I don't print my own photos, because 1.)
it's a lot of trouble; and 2.) it costs more in terms of paper/ink prices,
including the wasted ink and paper used in the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37