Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 3.71 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Doug McDonald[_2_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 29th 08, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
Sensor Noise? Is there clear superiority?

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

Unless you can answer that clearly and consistently, there's
no way to remove these streaks without damaging the image.

There is little hope at edges. But...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 18th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
A question about my canon lens sharpness

One more question: Were those lenses deficient only in the context of their
use on one of the world's most expensive digital cameras, or would we 400D
grabshooters who make up the bulk of...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
Backfocus

Chris Malcolm wrote:

You do realise that with a wide lens used close that the edges of a
large flat image filling object are significantly further away than
the centre, which means that...
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 08, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
resizing digital photos

gA wrote:
Doug, I have Photoshop (CS2). Is there a procedure somewhere that I can
follow for an example? Thanks
-gA

Virtually any image program will do what you want. You just want to...
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 08, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
resizing digital photos

gA wrote:
Thanks again, Jimbok, but I want to do NO CROPPING. I just want to end
up with the largest picture I can get within a 4x6 rectangle. This means
tha the WHOLE existing picture will...
Forum: Digital Photography January 27th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
Wax-Based Printers?

Walgreen's, and other drug stores around, allow you to upload the
images from your home and pick up the prints that day or the next day.
They recently had a 10 cents a print special for 20...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 158
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
New 50mm Lens From Nikon

Paul Furman wrote:
Neil Harrington wrote:
Rita wrote
with the introduction of great high-ISO sensors VR/IS is going to be
obsolete in 5-years or less.

Never. Whatever benefits may...
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 08, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 710
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
Digital Photography On Aircraft Not Permitted on Take Off orLanding

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
wrote:
I actually tested my Canon 30D with a spectrum analyzer
that goes up to 1.8 gHz.

So you have a relatively cheap spectrum analyzer,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 6th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
Rockwell on DSLR vs. P&S

chester_baddington wrote:

Look at the fact that the dslr is using more zoom.

That's immaterial at the teensy difference.
Why can't it match let alone
beat the detail in all the leaves and...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 107
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
Rockwell on DSLR vs. P&S

chester_baddington wrote:

Look at the fact that the dslr is using more zoom.

That's immaterial at the teensy difference.
Why can't it match let alone
beat the detail in all the leaves and...
Forum: Digital Photography October 5th 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 48
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
ceramic lens in digital cameras

Ken Parkes wrote:

I've lived in three houses which were over two hundred years old and each
had a lot of glass which gave a rippled view. The ripples were always
along the vertical. Ergo, ...
Forum: Digital Photography September 30th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 76
Posted By Doug McDonald[_2_]
Read noise: get it 30x down?

Ilya Zakharevich wrote: