Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.63 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: darkroommike
Forum: In The Darkroom December 23rd 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 11
Posted By darkroommike
B/W print turned mottled gold

I use a lot or Gekko RC and haven't seen this happen I do
have a Polycontrast !!! contact sheet in hand that has
started turning, I know for a fact it was inadequately fixed
(old fixer) and...
Forum: Darkroom Equipment For Sale October 28th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By darkroommike
Need Information on Sabre S+35 Enlarger

I have made carriers from matte board for many old enlargers
for odd formats so that might be a place to start if you are
just itching to make a print. It's also possible that
another enlarger...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 21st 07, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 28
Posted By darkroommike
Dumb question processing 4x5

Depends on the volume but for trials (at least) get a 8x10
paper drum, one that has dividers to separate 4x5 sheets,
load it in your changing bag (note you may need to invest in
a larger bag) and...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 21st 07, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 29
Posted By darkroommike
Dumb question processing 4x5

Depends on the volume but for trials (at least) get a 8x10
paper drum, one that has dividers to separate 4x5 sheets,
load it in your changing bag (note you may need to invest in
a larger bag) and...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment September 22nd 07, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 8
Posted By darkroommike
rangefinder adjustment..."vintage question"

The graflex.org site has instructions on how to calibrate a
couple of different rangefinders that might help in a
non-camera specific sort of way as well.

Dave wrote:
I have just bought 2...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 22nd 07, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By darkroommike
Canon TLb resale?

TLb was marketed as an entry level camera, solid, heavy and
well made. Canon's of a certain age (and many other makes)
can suffer from deterioration of the light seals--and may
need to be...
Forum: 35mm Equipment for Sale September 22nd 07, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By darkroommike
Canon TLb resale?

TLb was marketed as an entry level camera, solid, heavy and
well made. Canon's of a certain age (and many other makes)
can suffer from deterioration of the light seals--and may
need to be...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 31st 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By darkroommike
What film was used for Apollo missions?

YUP as I recall ESTAR was the choice for several reasons.

Thinner base so the could stuff more frames into each back.

Dimensionally stable so that they could use photo
interpretive metrics to...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 30th 07, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 8
Posted By darkroommike
Mamiya RB67 question.

A good idea to make sure all the pieces are Pro-S, the body,
the rotating adapter and the back and also ensure that none
of the links, pins, etc. are stuck or bent. May be best to
find a local...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 17th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 12
Posted By darkroommike
Mamiya TLR lens hood / filter suggestions - avoiding vignetting

I've not felt the need to stack but then I shoot more MF in
the studio than outdoors. Since I am using 52mm filters it
probably would not be an issue and the original Nikon 52mm
polarizer has an...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 17th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 12
Posted By darkroommike
Mamiya TLR lens hood / filter suggestions - avoiding vignetting

Here's a website with a series of do-it-yourself leshoods as
pdf files. Just cut and glue. http://www.lenshoods.co.uk/

darkroommike

Paul Friday wrote:
In message...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 12th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 4
Posted By darkroommike
Omega SCA-100 analyzer worth buying?

Unless it's free I'd pass, I have an SCA-400, rarely use it
except for exposure and timer. I find I print all my color
on the computer and all my black and white in the darkroom.
darkroommike

Rob...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment August 6th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By darkroommike
Can photo (time and f-stop) info be recorded automatically?

As I recall there were a few film cameras (Contax 35mm and
645?) that could record this info between frames as well.
darkroommike

marrer wrote:
ray wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:10:31 -0700,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc

marrer wrote:
ray wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:10:31 -0700,...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 6th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 12
Posted By darkroommike
Mamiya TLR lens hood / filter suggestions - avoiding vignetting

I have 65, 80, 135 and 180 and use the 80 and 135 a lot. I
have step up (down?) rings to use my 52mm Nikon filters on
all my lenses and use a rubber lens hood on the taking lens.

I have most of...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment July 17th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 12
Posted By darkroommike
WTB Calumet back springs

Burke and James Grover (flat bed) and Saturn (hex monorail)
5x7 models.
darkroommike

Richard Knoppow wrote:
"iga" wrote in message
Forum: In The Darkroom July 17th 07, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By darkroommike
another question re film grain

When we first went hybrid at my paper, shoot film then scan
for prepress, we found that negatives that looked too thin
to print scanned well and scanned faster on our Leaf scanner
that did...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 17th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By darkroommike
35/120 proofer

Paterson makes three proofers, 35mm and 120mm format
specific and an oversize 9x12 that's all I ever use.

The Paterson 35mm shows up used once in a while but the
"mask" that holds the negs is a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 28th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 20
Posted By darkroommike
|run that by us again please

For candid medium format photography you really can't beat a
TLR, a TLR has a waist level finder, and does not have any
mirror slap, the mirror is fixed and a quiet leaf shutter.
You look down at...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 28th 07, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 20
Posted By darkroommike
anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover from earth?

Ah, I see, so then this is just an off topic post rather
than a fake moon landing rant, very well.

darkroommike

Lloyd Erlick wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:06:06 -0500,
darkroommike...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 28th 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Lloyd Erlick wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:06:06 -0500,
darkroommike...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 24th 07, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 20
Posted By darkroommike
anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover from earth?

I did using my 1700mm f/4 on my Hasselblad, it was a pain
though since I had to build a ramp in my backyard since the
standard truck mount is not an equatorial mount.

No seriously, what's the...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 24th 07, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 18
Posted By darkroommike
one-shot fixer for paper

It's certainly possible to use a straight sodium thiosulfate
fixer one shot, repeated use is the reason that all the
other "stuff" is included in standard fixer formulas. I
would try not to mix more...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 18th 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 4
Posted By darkroommike
120 vs 220

The 645 J uses an "insert" to hold the feed roll and take-up
spool. The units include the film pressure plate and frame
counter gear. 120 film has a continuous paper backing taped
only at the...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 2nd 07, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 2
Posted By darkroommike
Graduated filter on TLR- anyone tried it.

The only problem I see (minor) is that with a couple of
oddball exceptions (and the not-so-odd Mamiya 105 ds) the
viewing lens does not have a depth of field preview which
may or may not be an...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125