Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Trev
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Trev
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

Woody wrote:
Say an interesting article recently that observed that people
with cameras with optical viewfinders and that used them had a
significantly less picture failure rate.

Why?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 15th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 213

Woody wrote:
Say an interesting article recently that observed that people
with cameras with optical viewfinders and that used them had a
significantly less picture failure rate.

Why?
Forum: Digital Photography July 24th 09, 09:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 109
Posted By Trev
1st D-SLR Advice Please

Paul wrote:
Hi All

Hope this is posted in the right place and apologies in advance for
the inevitable 'Which Camera' post but I really do need some help.

Basically I want my first...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 3rd 09, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 47
Posted By Trev
Reasons for preferring the D5000 over the 500D

On 2009-06-02 20:26:51 -0700, DMac said:

John McWilliams wrote:
DMac wrote:
David Kilpatrick wrote:
Marty Fremen wrote:

Forum: Digital Photography June 1st 09, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Trev
RAW file formats and observations

wrote:
I downloaded a number of sample RAW image files from the internet.
They range from 5 MB (Nikon D40 - NEF format) to 35 MB (Mamiya ZD -
MEF format).
The downloaded...
Forum: Digital Photography May 30th 09, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Trev
Could you actually see photos made from RAW files?

wrote:
I am sorry if this topic may have been discussed too many times.
However, I still have difficulties dealing with the concept of RAW
files. Someone suggested that RAW...
Forum: Digital Photography May 29th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Trev
Anyone remembers those old soft and hard camera cases?

wrote:
In the old film cameras era, I recall that when you purchase an SLR
camera, it usually comes with a soft or a hard (leather) case. The
case is attached to the camera...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment May 29th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc

wrote:
In the old film cameras era, I recall that when you purchase an SLR
camera, it usually comes with a soft or a hard (leather) case. The
case is attached to the camera...
Forum: Digital Photography May 29th 09, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Trev
Manual focus forums

wrote:
On May 29, 11:51 am, "Trev" trevbowdenatdsl.pipex.cominvalid wrote:

snip

Thanks!. That was very quick.
I thought it was coming from Europe. I guess the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 29th 09, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Trev
Manual focus forums

wrote:
On May 29, 11:51 am, "Trev" trevbowdenatdsl.pipex.cominvalid wrote:

snip

Thanks!. That was very quick.
I thought it was coming from Europe. I guess the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 29th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Trev
Manual focus forums

wrote:
I am not sure how large a percentage in these newsgroups are still
using old film cameras, or utilizing old lenses for their new digital
cameras. I strongly feel that...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 09, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Trev
Photo editing software that mimic in-camera processing - is there any available?

In ,
bashed on keyboard and typed:
On Mar 11, 11:59 am, Michael...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 09, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Trev
Fuji Pro S5 and beyond

In ,
Paul Giverin bashed on keyboard and typed:
In message
,
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 6th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to adobe.photoshop.windows,alt.graphics.photoshop,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By Trev
Is it pretentious to watermark images for copyright protection?

In ,
John McWilliams bashed on keyboard and typed:
Alan Browne wrote:
zorro wrote:
Hello there,

My girlfriend set up a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 09, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Trev
Prototypes of future digital ultra-compact pocketable camera - Will there be much improvement in the images?

In ,
bashed on keyboard and typed:
I am not a professional photographer, but I do...
Forum: Digital Photography January 10th 09, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By Trev
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

In ,
John Navas bashed on keyboard and typed:
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:33:24 -0000, "Trev" trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM
Forum: Digital Photography January 9th 09, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By Trev
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

In ,
John Navas bashed on keyboard and typed:
On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:27:55 -0800 (PST), Scott W
Forum: Digital Photography January 9th 09, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By Trev
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

In ,
John Navas bashed on keyboard and typed:
On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 21:22:43 -0000, "Trev" trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 09, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By Trev
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

In ,
John Navas bashed on keyboard and typed:
On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 00:33:34 GMT, TheRealSteve
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 09, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By Trev
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

In ,
John Navas bashed on keyboard and typed:
On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 00:33:34 GMT, TheRealSteve
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 09, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Trev
Top of the line digital SLRs in circulation - are statistics available?

In ,
Mark Thomas bashed on keyboard and
typed:
The Henchman wrote:
"Trev" trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 09, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Trev
Top of the line digital SLRs in circulation - are statistics available?

In ,
Mark Thomas bashed on keyboard and
typed:
D Lirious wrote:
My informal, non-scientific survey from world tourist...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 12
Posted By Trev
Finally organising photos in Picassa

In news:20080919120239.122fbc6d@bluemoon,
Rob Morley bashed on keyboard and typed:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:18:08 +0100
"Trev" trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM wrote:

Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 08, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 12
Posted By Trev
Finally organising photos in Picassa

In ,
john d hamilton bashed on keyboard and typed:
Novice has years of photos moved around and copied 'here and there',
so now...
Forum: Digital Photography June 17th 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.video
Replies: 7
Posted By Trev
Movie mode in UK digicam still limited to 10 mins?

In ,
Delila bashed on keyboard and typed:
I am in the UK. I would like to get a simple compact digicam that
records for longer than...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81