Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Allen
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 07, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Allen
Charge Regimen for NiMH batteries?

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Bill Tuthill wrote:
ASAAR wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:
Biased? SMS? Gee, I hadn't noticed.... GRIN.
Or maybe he'd...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Allen
compact cameras with large sensors?

wrote:
On Aug 21, 9:41 am, Dave Cohen wrote:
wrote:
Hello,
Since the quality of sensors is said to grow with sensor size,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 07, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Allen
Brooklyn address help needed

Don Wiss wrote:
I've been spending a bit of time checking the web sites of the Brooklyn
camera dealers to find ones that have gone out of business, or have moved.
I've updated my page and I...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Allen
clueless when it comes to camera lenses

barefootbilly via PhotoKB.com wrote:

snip

....i finally figured out how to use the manual focus just by playin
around some
more with it which helped a lot. i just feel it would be easier to...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 94
Posted By Allen
DSLR vs Superzoom - help please

Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
Allen
], who wrote in article :
What would help is for...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Allen
All image stabilization is a HOAX!

John Turco wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
acl wrote:
On Aug 18, 11:15 am, "David J Taylor" -
this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk wrote:
Hello, Allen:
The...
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 94
Posted By Allen
DSLR vs Superzoom - help please

Ilya Zakharevich wrote:

snip
Hope this helps,
Ilya

What would help is for you to describe your educational and/or technical
experience background that qualifies you to state your...
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 07, 02:17 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 36
Posted By Allen
Where get darkroom timer (for timing PC use)

Lin Chung wrote:
Allen wrote:
Lin Chung wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
Lin Chung wrote:
I may venture to suggest that most probably too the OP is in his 50's
or 60's.
I may...
Forum: Digital Photography August 18th 07, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 45
Posted By Allen
Dpreview selector: AA batteries?

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
SMS wrote:
2. More charge/discharge cycles

You still haven't provided adequate information where this is true.

6. Greater...
Forum: Digital Photography August 18th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography

Lin Chung wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
Lin Chung wrote:
I may venture to suggest that most probably too the OP is in his 50's or
60's.
I may venture to wonder... where has the OP gone????
Forum: Digital Photography August 18th 07, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 81
Posted By Allen
Poltergeist caught on digital camera..

wrote:
On Aug 18, 10:19 am, MoronDetector wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 07:05:58 -0700, wrote:

Alan, I have spoken once again to my...
Forum: Digital Photography August 18th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Allen
All image stabilization is a HOAX!

acl wrote:
On Aug 17, 1:14 am, Allen wrote:

Yes, semi-conductors were known, but integrated circuits were still way
off in the future. As I recall, the semi-conductor...
Forum: Digital Photography August 17th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Allen
All image stabilization is a HOAX!

David Harper wrote:

"Allen" wrote in message
James Silverton wrote:

snip

Yes, semi-conductors were known,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Allen
SanDisk rebate

Alan wrote:
Gordon Dietzman wrote:
I don't want to open old wounds or to start a rebates argument here
again, but just wanted to mention that after a rather disturbing
experience getting...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Allen
All image stabilization is a HOAX!

James Silverton wrote:
Les wrote on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:24:58 -0500:

?? Why would you even want to upgrade when Bill Gates said,
?? "640K is more memory than anyone will ever need" in...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 36
Posted By Allen
Where get darkroom timer (for timing PC use)

Lin Chung wrote:
Lars wrote:
Am in the UK.
Where can I get an inexepensive darkroom timer?
I want to use it for timing how long I spend at the PC!....

I suspect you are worried...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 07, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 146
Posted By Allen
Canon S3 or S5....?

John Turco wrote:
John Turco wrote:
Allen wrote:

edited, for brevity

When you put them in your mouse, I hope you will report on the results.
Hello, Allen:

The 2500 mAh...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 07, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography

Jupiter wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:30:35 +0100, Lars wrote:

Am in the UK.
Where can I get an inexepensive darkroom timer?
I want to use it for timing how long I...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Allen
All image stabilization is a HOAX!

Phil Stripling wrote:
In article Unpwi.7005$%t4.5328@trnddc03, James Silverton
wrote:

That was what the Hackers call a Vandevar after Vandevar Bush
who...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 07, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Allen
!!! About the "Sporging" Threat to rec.photo.digital

Gautam Majumdar wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 06:32:11 +0100, Les Stewart wrote:

Sporging is currently going on in the astronomy NGs. One quick way to find
the sporged threads for this round of...
Forum: Digital Photography August 12th 07, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Allen
Synchronizing Inexpensive Digital Camera Shutters

Dave Cohen wrote:
Pooua wrote:
I have not found any stereoscopic cameras that meet my needs, so I
would like to assemble something that might. I want to rig two point-
and-shoot digital...
Forum: Digital Photography August 11th 07, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Allen
what's the best website for pics to sell my home?

ray wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:59:22 -0500, Allen wrote:

ray wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:10:27 -0700, dave8510smith wrote:

Hi - I'm thinking of selling my home, and want to...
Forum: Digital Photography August 11th 07, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 61
Posted By Allen
I'm lost! Depth of field problem with all DSLR's ???

Chris Malcolm wrote:
X-Man wrote:

LOL!!! You think just because someone knows the math that they know reality and
photography? The universe is analog not digital,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 07, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Allen
High Speed Golf club and ball collisions- images

Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:48:16 -0400, kinsman
wrote:

I just finished a photo shoot for a physics text book, and thought you
guys might...
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

ray wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:10:27 -0700, dave8510smith wrote:

Hi - I'm thinking of selling my home, and want to make a site that has
pics of the house and the neighbourhood (lots of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125