Showing results 1 to 25 of 66
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Karl Winkler
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Karl Winkler
Anybody own this filmscanner?

On Jul 11, 10:08 pm, wrote:
Hi,
This deal looks interesting, and not a bad price:

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/74083.asp?promo=electronics#

Anybody seen one in...
Forum: Digital Photography July 11th 07, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Karl Winkler
Sharp Photo?

On Jul 10, 9:02 pm, "dwight" wrote:
"Matalog" wrote in message

Would you mind sending me one...
Forum: Digital Photography July 10th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Karl Winkler
nothing new in the world of digital photography

On Jul 10, 3:47 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"sw2U" wrote in message

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Karl Winkler
No black ink only on Epson R1800?

On Jul 5, 6:36 am, wrote:
On Jul 4, 1:21 am, Karl Winkler wrote:

I just tried twice to print a B&W image using black ink only on this
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 5th 07, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By Karl Winkler
Olympus OM Lens Query

On Jul 2, 11:10 am, ted wrote:
As a newbie to Olympus OM cameras, having just today acquired a lovely
black OM2n with 50mm f1.8 lens, I wonder if group members could give
Forum: Digital Photography July 5th 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Karl Winkler
Focal Length and Angles

On Jul 5, 8:24 am, "James Silverton"
wrote:
Hello, All!

Eventually, it may not be a problem as sensors approach sizes
that give a unitary lens factor but, is...
Forum: Digital Photography July 5th 07, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Karl Winkler
MIND BLOWING : The best of Gallery of High Speed or Flash Photography! [PICS]

On Jul 5, 10:58 am, Cathy wrote:
Tired of the same old objects around you? Shoot them to pieces for the
sake of art!
The following is "the best of" gallery from a few...
Forum: Digital Photography July 5th 07, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Karl Winkler
Free Online Photo Contest

On Jul 5, 1:00 pm, " wrote:
hi there,

I have something that might really *interest* you....

I've found the free online photo contest that has $100,000...
Forum: Digital Photography July 5th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 86
Posted By Karl Winkler
Canon dSLR's

On Jul 3, 10:50 pm, X-Man wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:42:53 -0600, "Roger N. Clark (change username to

rnclark)" wrote:
Roger

Oooo, lookie...
Forum: Digital Photography July 4th 07, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Karl Winkler
No black ink only on Epson R1800?

On Jul 4, 9:24 am, John McWilliams wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Joe Petolino wrote:
frederick wrote:
The R1800 can do an okay job on monochrome. With mine using...
Forum: Digital Photography July 4th 07, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Karl Winkler
No black ink only on Epson R1800?

I just tried twice to print a B&W image using black ink only on this
printer - or so I thought (color:black in "Print Settings"), and the
image is grayscale. But the prints have a very pronounced...
Forum: Digital Photography June 28th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Karl Winkler
Some images just don't translate well.. (aka - bad p-p technique?)

On Jun 27, 4:49 pm, frederick wrote:
Karl Winkler wrote:
Part of it I think is
that film has more dynamic range and a wider color gamut than does
digital.

I don't...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Karl Winkler
Some images just don't translate well.. (aka - bad p-p technique?)

On Jun 27, 4:31 am, wrote:
This slide looks great when projected (if I say so myself!) but when
scanned or printed, it just dies..

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 21st 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 54
Posted By Karl Winkler
Best old Pentax fixed lens for K100?

On May 21, 4:13 pm, (D.M.
Procida) wrote:
The new Pentax lenses seem to cost a fortune (relative to what I can
justfy spending) so I'd like to go the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 18th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Karl Winkler
Value of old Olympus OM lenses stable or rising?

On May 17, 11:13 pm, RichA wrote:
Check this one out. Another eg, a year ago, a 180mm f2.8 was about
$250, now around $400-$500. WAs (18, 21 and shift lenses) seem to be
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 18th 07, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Karl Winkler
What gives with the Pentax USA web site???

I was just checking their site http://www.pentaxusa.com to find some
info on lenses for the K10D. Here are the things I noticed that
bothered me: when looking at the camera page, there was no mention...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 7th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By Karl Winkler
Is a Nikkor 18-70 a noticeable step up from a 18-55 G II kit lens?

On May 6, 4:13 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
RichA wrote:
Nonsense! The 18-70 is an optical marvel that exceeds the
expectations and specifications of what people...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment April 9th 07, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By Karl Winkler
FILM ADVICE

On Apr 6, 1:52 am, "David J. Littleboy" wrote:
"PRO SHOW_SS" wrote in message

I shoot...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment April 9th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 7
Posted By Karl Winkler
"soft left edge" but not "soft right edge"

On Apr 9, 7:17 am, "RolandRB" wrote:
On 9 Apr, 14:50, "dadiOH" wrote:

RolandRB wrote:
This has been puzzling me a while now. I guess it...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 3rd 07, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Karl Winkler
A real test of RAW V JPEG... You decide.

On Apr 3, 2:59 am, "\(The real\) Douglas"
wrote:
Whilst lazing away at Tangalooma over the weekend, many thoughts and ideas
occurred to me. Not the least being that the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 2nd 07, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Karl Winkler
Mirror slap?

On Apr 2, 12:52 pm, M-M wrote:
In article ,
"Karl Winkler" wrote:

My experience is...
Forum: Digital Photography April 2nd 07, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Karl Winkler
Mirror slap?

On Apr 1, 6:11 pm, Kennedy McEwen wrote:
In article , Neil
Harrington writes

With modern SLRs I...
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 07, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Karl Winkler
appetizing dessert photo

On Mar 29, 8:57 pm, "RG" wrote:
I took this photo with Olympus 1.6 megapixel digital camera today,
March 29. The sign maker needs a spelling list -- or maybe he...
Forum: Digital Photography March 26th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Karl Winkler
To cull or to keep - which are you? Tips?

On Mar 25, 6:01 pm, "Ben Miller" wrote:
So I find myself going through each day's shots in the following way
(I shoot in JPEG fine - ~4MB files):

- Go through all shots...
Forum: Digital Photography March 21st 07, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Karl Winkler
Nikon D2X jpeg large but Pshop mades it smaller

On Mar 20, 4:06 pm, "akiley" wrote:
On Mar 20, 4:28 pm, "Scott W" wrote:

On Mar 20, 10:09 am, "akiley" wrote:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 66