Showing results 1 to 25 of 121
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: m Ransley
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 78
Posted By m Ransley
Solar power supply recommendations wanted

At alt.energy.homepower there are alot of off grid folks that know
solar cells.
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By m Ransley
Scanning

I have a Canon mp950 printer with film scanner. I have always used the
default scan settings with the most dpi, but in the menue are alot of
options. Would I get better results on slides...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 07, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By m Ransley
Cleaning slides

I have a bottle of Kodak film cleaner , is a cotton T shirt material, Q
tips, soft enough. I have micro cloth but it is colored. I can see a
problem getting into the corners and know the wrong cloth...
Forum: Digital Photography February 5th 07, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By m Ransley
compact camera with best battery life

If you buy one with a propriatary LiIon pack you are going to get hit
hard maybe 30$ from Sony for a new pack, they dont last forever, and
when you need it charged and you are outside you are out of...
Forum: Digital Photography February 3rd 07, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By m Ransley
compact camera with best battery life

My first choise is AA since you just pop in 2 more. The sonys are LiIon
so you are out of luck when they die. Read reviews, battery life is
mentioned.
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 06, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By m Ransley
Requesting Help with Injet Printer Selection - HP C5180 orCano...

The Canon mp950 is as good as their single units, but it costs 400 so it
should be.
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 06, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By m Ransley
Bad SSD sensors

I dought bad ccds were used by Sony after late 2003- mid 2004.
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 06, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By m Ransley
recommend tiny camera?

I have the phillips but forget quality, its just not worth it if you
want halfway decent photos.
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 06, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By m Ransley
feedback on Canon A710-IS compared to Sony DSC-N2

Sonys and now a few canons have a smart zoom feature, The sony set at
7mp should have 5x optical zoom. The sony has nothing to grip, its to
easy to drop, I dropped my w5 many times, Canons have the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 06, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By m Ransley
need advice

For video find sites that actualy compare them in tests. Sony and Canon
are always tops. So its what you can pay.
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 06, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By m Ransley
Cheapest Reliable Digital .

Wallmart 15$ a Phillips. Reliability survey reports are published by
several companies, Google, but in the cheap range it might be Kodak and
sony
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 06, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By m Ransley
IS lenes

Why not an IS camera then all lenses benefit.
Forum: Digital Photography November 20th 06, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By m Ransley
4 Sale : Sony DSC-R1 Cybershot Selling $899.00 + 2GB SonyMemor...

So you used it a year , took 49890 shots and want suckers to think a box
makes it new.
Forum: Digital Photography November 20th 06, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By m Ransley
Shooting In Snow

A polariser filter will cut down snow glare-reflections and give a bluer
sky , if your shutter isnt real fast it will also help 1 stop to reduce
light.
Forum: Digital Photography November 17th 06, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By m Ransley
help me figure this out...low light shooting

You need high ISO , using your fuji on auto is not be the best setting
but its likely it cant do what you want, the new F30 is probably the
fastest P&S now but you might need something like a Canon...
Forum: Digital Photography November 15th 06, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By m Ransley
pocket digicam with good glass

Read reviews at dpreview, with present manufacturing systems good glass
comes as cheap as 200$ on some name brands. The other 2 factors you
forgot are the sensor and control program.
Forum: Digital Photography November 14th 06, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By m Ransley
horizontal lines

My Canon does that if I pick the wrong paper setting, try paper made by
the company that made the printer and the proper settings.
Forum: Digital Photography November 14th 06, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By m Ransley
Megapixel vs. Zoom

The best choise would be long optical zoom, a teleconverter, and camera
that has a Smart zoom feature found on Sony, Panasonic and some new
Canon but not the S3IS. I have a H5 with 1.7 teleconverter,...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 06, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By m Ransley
Red and blue lines in my Sony DSC F717 photos

It doesnt sound like the defective ccd issue, you need to research it.
have you tried a different card, are battery and card contacts clean.
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 06, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 42
Posted By m Ransley
Does IS whir?

The sony H5 is noisy, a staticky kind of constant noise I hear easily.
Forum: Digital Photography November 11th 06, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By m Ransley
Need help with Video Setup

A video camera can have a motor constantly running, not good for long
life. Look into companies selling security cameras, you should for
50-200$ get one at 1/3-2mp
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 06, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By m Ransley
what's up with the dsc-r1?

The sony R1 starts at Iso 160 and is prodably noise free at 400+ where
as the Fz 50 is good only at iso 100, so the IS of other cameras could
be a draw with the R1s better sensor. dpreview stated...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 06, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By m Ransley
what's up with the dsc-r1?

I believe at dpreview they state considering just the lens of the R1 is
worth 900$ itself, so for the present price its a great deal for
architectural shooting if you use Iso 100. Add to that I.S.,...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 06, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By m Ransley
Fujifilm FinePix E900 digital camera

Energiser and Sanyo have verified output, many cheaper off brand NiMh
are rebadged some are even overrated on ma purposly.
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 06, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By m Ransley
Fujifilm FinePix E900 digital camera

Something is wrong if you are using NiMh, either your camera, charger or
a dead cell, try a voltmeter on your cells and exchange whats bad.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 121