Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: W.Boeke
Forum: Digital Photography October 11th 06, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

ASAAR wrote:

You and the marketing people have a different idea of which
features are useful. Suppose you have a nice, simple 5mp camera
that doesn't focus very well in dim light. For the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 11th 06, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

Bill Funk wrote:
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:02:02 +0200, "W.Boeke"
wrote:

is supported by a good, inforamative advertisement campaign. I suppose
that the well-informed...
Forum: Digital Photography October 11th 06, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

wrote:

Sure this is a good camera, having some useful and also a ton of very
irrelevant features. Maybe its designers wanted to make everybody happy,
or they wanted to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

David J Taylor wrote:

With cameras, it can be helpful to try them out in the shop to see how
well features like the switch on the lens housing actually work in
practice. I have used a...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

Mueen Nawaz wrote:
W.Boeke wrote:

How do you think about this? Are there other shooting situations
that often occur and that require a different solution?

As others have said, DSLR's...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

Bill Funk wrote:

It seems to me that you are rejecting cameras that have the features
you want because they also include features you don't want.

You are right more or less. I do not want...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

wrote:

Check out the Panasonic Lumix LX-1. It has an AF/AE lock button, and a
switch on the lens housing that lets you easily switch to manual focus.

Sure this is a good...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

Bill Crocker wrote:
"W.Boeke" wrote in message

Hi,

[clipped]
If you want to make 10 versions of this...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Some cameras already allow you to lock the focus and or choose an areas
of the viewfinder to use for focusing or will focus on the closest of a
number of areas within...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

Randy Berbaum wrote:

I guess that the problem is that the manufacturers of pocket sized P&S
cameras are aiming their products to the vast majority of casual photo
takers who have little (and...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 06, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera, part 2

Hi,

Some days ago I started a thread about my displeasure with
modern point-and-shoot camera's. Now I would like to elaborate
on the proposal to use 3 release buttons instead of one.

Suppose you...
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 06, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera

Graham Fountain wrote:
W.Boeke wrote:

This is what I do not want:
[snip]

Yeah that's a bit of a dumb function, but again, it costs nothing to
have it, and you aren't forced to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 06, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera

Charles Gillen wrote:
"W.Boeke" wrote:

This is what I want:
- Square picture format, so the camera can be held always in the same
position.

If you have a gift...
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 06, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Many of those type features are really cheap to add and if they are
added properly, they will not be in the way of general picture taking.
Making a number of...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 06, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By W.Boeke
The perfect camera

Who decides about digital camera features? Maybe only the marketing departments
of the camera industry. They apparently decided that 'the number of megapixels' is
the first, and 'the number of...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15