Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
I want to scan all my paper photos

I do have a scanner, but I also remember the pain in the butt of
scanning photos during the transition time when the Net was there but
digital cameras weren't yet. Say, I put 4 photographs into one...
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
I want to scan all my paper photos

I have a lot of old B&W and color photos, say, about 500 images,
mostly 4x6s, with sentimental value which I would like to pay someone
to scan. Does anyone have experience with such services? I...
Forum: Digital Photography July 21st 07, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
enlarger strand w/o enlarger itself?

Thanks a lot, all! I found an appropriate copy stand at BandH.
Forum: Digital Photography July 20th 07, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
enlarger strand w/o enlarger itself?

I am looking to purchase an adjustable stand for a camera which would
function exactly like an enlarger stand. A cheap enlarger is $200, but
I would hate to buy an enlarger and throw away the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 20th 07, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
PC monitor as SLR viewfinder?

The 90 degree viewfinder was a good idea, but I don't wanna lean
towards the camera to see what's going on.

I think I am going to get a Canon G6 with its swivel LCD. I will use
the LCD as the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 19th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
PC monitor as SLR viewfinder?

I did some research based on what you said, and, indeed, I can not do
it with an SLR, unless I am ready spend multiple $Ks. The Sigview is
interesting, but that device is ~$500 by itself. I would...
Forum: Digital Photography July 19th 07, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
PC monitor as SLR viewfinder?

I need to set up a digital SLR on a stand to take images of relatively
small objects (say, 2 by 3 inches). The camera is set up above the
surface of a table, with the lens pointing down. I want to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 07, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
clear images on auto, noisy images on manual

Tried that, not effect. Tried dropping the ISO all the way to 50.
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
clear images on auto, noisy images on manual

I have a Canon S50 pocket camera. It has a full manual mode, but I
found that images are very "grainy" in the manual mode, even when I
would make all settings exactly the same as get set in auto. To...
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 06, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
synchronizing JPEGs from different cameras?

Amongst other things it can alter timestamps including the
ability to apply fixed offsets to a whole series of images
taken with a wrong camera clock setting.

my thoughts exactly.
Forum: Digital Photography September 4th 06, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
synchronizing JPEGs from different cameras?

Thank you all! We did synchronize the clocks, and even if we didn't
based on the first several pictures, can't I re-asjust the time stamps?

I've never heard of the orientation sensor. Can anyone...
Forum: Digital Photography September 3rd 06, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
synchronizing JPEGs from different cameras?

my friends and myself came from a trek in the mountains with 100s of
pictures on 4 different cameras. Is there a (free?) software to pull
out the date stamps from the JPEGs and sort them by time...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12