Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 15th 06, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Canon Rebel XTI/400d, PhotoShop RAW and gretagmacbeth

bmoag wrote:
I may be missing something:
I do not understand what following this procedure will get you rather than
monitor calibration, color management and, if you can afford it,
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 26th 06, 09:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Couldn't help it - sorry Canon

Derek Fountain wrote:
So I jumped. I sold him my Canon Rebel XT body
So I went out after work and bought the Nikon D80 body,
All I can say is, "wow"...

To be fair, you've gone from an...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 22nd 06, 10:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Canon 5D Rebate

wrote:
I have decided to get a Canon 5D eventually - just waiting for the
price to drop. 'Would like to do this before next spring. I notice
that B&H has the Canon 5D...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 13th 06, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Nikon D80 pictures, 400-1600 ISO

Noise is a non-issue. Dynamic range
remains the bete noir of digital imaging.

If that were the case, why would anyone buy anything but a Fuji S3?

He didn't say DR was the most important...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 11th 06, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Canon screwed themselves (or did they?)

frederick wrote:
They did that long before DSLRs.
Good marketing when the cameras with distinctive white lenses are so
visible in TV coverage etc - even if some are now not Canon lenses.
On...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 11th 06, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
when will "true" medium/large format digital be affordable?

Scott Speck wrote:
So here's my question -- is there anyone out there "in the know" on digital
detector technologies who can say when a 4x4 CCD will cost $1000 instead of
$200,000? I realize...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 6th 06, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
EOS 5D RAW files and Photoshop CS

I should be getting a 5D tomorrow, and wonder if Lightroom handles the
RAW files from it without having to go through DNG? Or are there any
steps I need to take to make it so?

It does, and I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography September 16th 06, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
EF-S 45-125mm f/2.8 IS

Since a 70-200/2.8 IS + 1.4x is about the same as a 100-300/4, they
would not make a 100-300/4 soon, especially when they already have a
100-400.

I'm a fool, but thanks for pointing that out!...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 16th 06, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
EF-S 45-125mm f/2.8 IS

Since a 70-200/2.8 IS + 1.4x is about the same as a 100-300/4, they
would not make a 100-300/4 soon, especially when they already have a
100-400.

I'm a fool, but thanks for pointing that out!...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 14th 06, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Respek, at last

Probably not but closer to US$2,000 perhaps?

Probably there first! s. But seriously, I wonder how the greater
public views all this. Certainly anyone who hangs here for a while knows
Forum: Digital Photography September 14th 06, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Respek, at last

Probably not but closer to US$2,000 perhaps?

Probably there first! s. But seriously, I wonder how the greater
public views all this. Certainly anyone who hangs here for a while knows
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 14th 06, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
EF-S 45-125mm f/2.8 IS

Shaun wrote:
I totally agree with you Will.

Although, I am interested why you chose an f/2 USM 24mm lens? I would have
gone for 1.8 at least. Although I would like to see the 35 and 24...
Forum: Digital Photography September 14th 06, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
EF-S 45-125mm f/2.8 IS

Shaun wrote:
I totally agree with you Will.

Although, I am interested why you chose an f/2 USM 24mm lens? I would have
gone for 1.8 at least. Although I would like to see the 35 and 24...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 14th 06, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Apple Aperture

Padu wrote:
A while ago I began testing adobe lighthouse and I was impressed. Then I
came to realize that it was soo slow that Picasa was a thousand times
better, even without all the RAW...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 14th 06, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
EF-S 45-125mm f/2.8 IS

wrote:
Would people buy a "EF-S 45-125mm f/2.8 IS" lens if Canon made one?
Like recent EF-S lenses, it would utilize aspherical and UD elements
for "L" quality...
Forum: Digital Photography September 14th 06, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
EF-S 45-125mm f/2.8 IS

wrote:
Would people buy a "EF-S 45-125mm f/2.8 IS" lens if Canon made one?
Like recent EF-S lenses, it would utilize aspherical and UD elements
for "L" quality...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 14th 06, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Got a spare $200k for a lens?

RichA wrote:
http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/8baac109cb80bddfc12571e100393a1b

Impressive, but it doesn't hold a candle to the 7-2100 zoom that
Panavision makes for 2/3" video....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 13th 06, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
Pentax K10d

frederick wrote:
10mp / 3fps sensor. New in-camera anti-shake system (allows for lens
focal length, adjusts for vert. horiz. rotational shake - manual input
of lens focal length possible when...
Forum: Digital Photography September 13th 06, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
Pentax K10d

frederick wrote:
10mp / 3fps sensor. New in-camera anti-shake system (allows for lens
focal length, adjusts for vert. horiz. rotational shake - manual input
of lens focal length possible when...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 9th 06, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Canon 40D... on a 1.3x crop sensor?

Speaking for myself, I'd rather have less noise at high
ISO settings and easy to use manual controls.

Agreed, especially on the high ISO point. But I ask... are the manual
controls on prosumer...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 8th 06, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
What's the big deal with ISO 3200 Boost?

could you explain why there would be no advantage in using 3200? If you
shoot at 1600, you have to either shoot with longer speed or with lower F
number. longer shutter speed will give you...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 6th 06, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
How lenses affect resolution and suggestion

Truly. While it is always interesting to compare lenses, charts will
not tell you everything you need to know and they certainly will not
tell you what a flower will look like when photographed...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 4th 06, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
What's the big deal with ISO 3200 Boost?

wrote:
Whenever dSLRs get into a measuring contest with each other, the ISO
3200 "boost" is always being touted as a feature by cameras that have
it. For example, I've...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 2nd 06, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Why Nikon's D50 is "the best"

In any case, it's unlikely you ever use an normal image after doing
what you did to it in terms of brightness adjustment.

Except for the specific case of astrophotography, which was the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 2nd 06, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Canon FF bodies - no annoucements this year?

wrote:
Would those in the know say there will be no new developments this year
in terms of Canon FF bodies? Like a new FF body, or a price drop on
the 5D?

My money is on a 5D...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34