Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography April 21st 21, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
IrfanView centering window after any resize?

sobriquet wrote:

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:37:19 PM UTC+2, Terry Pinnell wrote:
Terry Pinnell wrote:

sobriquet ...
Forum: Digital Photography April 19th 21, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
IrfanView centering window after any resize?

Typo correction: last line should of course be
"The combination of both that and 'fit images to window' has caused the
issue."
====================

Terry Pinnell ...
Forum: Digital Photography April 19th 21, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
IrfanView centering window after any resize?

Terry Pinnell wrote:

sobriquet wrote:

On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 10:48:35 AM UTC+2, Terry Pinnell wrote:
Just noticed this odd behaviour. The...
Forum: Digital Photography April 19th 21, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

sobriquet wrote:

On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 10:48:35 AM UTC+2, Terry Pinnell wrote:
Just noticed this odd behaviour. The option 'Put the window in the
middle of the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 16th 21, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
IrfanView centering window after any resize?

Just noticed this odd behaviour. The option 'Put the window in the
middle of the screen when loading new image' is enabled. But if I
subsequently move it and then RESIZE it by dragging, it jumps back...
Forum: Digital Photography January 10th 19, 12:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
IrfanView taskbar change?

I'm almost sure this behaviour in IrfanView 4.53 (32-bit) is new:

On right-clicking the IrfanView taskbar icon
- There are no X options against each to close them selectively
- I do not get the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 17, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Timestamp confusion

Terry Pinnell wrote:

I'm sorting out holiday photos (JPG) and movies (MOV) from Italy in May.
Mainly from my iPhone 6S+. As I use these for making videos, I'm keen to
get...
Forum: Digital Photography November 8th 17, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Timestamp confusion

I'm sorting out holiday photos (JPG) and movies (MOV) from Italy in May.
Mainly from my iPhone 6S+. As I use these for making videos, I'm keen to
get their rough roughly correct. But I'm confused by...
Forum: Digital Photography June 10th 17, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

VanguardLH wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

What's your view about the relevance of the article referenced by
Shadow?

His posts are hidden (flagged as...
Forum: Digital Photography June 10th 17, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

VanguardLH wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

Do you have a smartphone? It sounds not. Upload of photos from
smartphones (iOS, android, Windows) is a rather...
Forum: Digital Photography June 10th 17, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

VanguardLH wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

BTW, with apologies for digressing, I just viewed it in IrfanView and
closed it again, and was surprised that did...
Forum: Digital Photography June 9th 17, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

Shadow wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 13:41:53 +0100, Terry Pinnell
wrote:

Shadow wrote:

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 04:46:07 -0500, VanguardLH...
Forum: Digital Photography June 9th 17, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

Terry Pinnell wrote:

VanguardLH wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

VanguardLH wrote:

Terry Pinnell...
Forum: Digital Photography June 9th 17, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

VanguardLH wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

VanguardLH wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

I'm struggling to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 9th 17, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

Shadow wrote:

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 04:46:07 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

But you are NOT running Irfanview on your phone. You are running it on
your computer. How did...
Forum: Digital Photography June 9th 17, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

VanguardLH wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

I'm struggling to determine the times at which my
holiday photos in Italy were taken with my iPhone.

This...
Forum: Digital Photography June 9th 17, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 8 June 2017 10:21:06 UTC+1, Terry Pinnell wrote:
Not for the first time I'm struggling to determine the times at which my
holiday...
Forum: Digital Photography June 8th 17, 10:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
EXIF time stamps

Not for the first time I'm struggling to determine the times at which my
holiday photos in Italy were taken with my iPhone. (Neatness apart,
sometimes it matters, because it helps me to check times...
Forum: Digital Photography March 29th 17, 09:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
IrfanView plugin stopped working siuddenly

Puzzled to find that a function of IrfanView I use many times a day is
not working this morning. Hitting F12 should pop-up a frequently used
tool window. I now get the error message:

Can't load...
Forum: Digital Photography March 16th 17, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Easily change EXIF dates?

I'm looking for a tool, preferably freeware, usable from File Explorer
(Win 10 in my case) with which I can quickly change EXIF data for a JPG
photo, either to a user settable date or a +/- delta ....
Forum: Digital Photography September 7th 16, 10:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
IrfanView resizing quirk

Geoff wrote:

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 14:52:23 +0100, Terry Pinnell
wrote:

I'm using IrfanView (Version 4.42 - 64 bit) on this i7 PC running
Windows...
Forum: Digital Photography September 6th 16, 09:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
IrfanView resizing quirk

Ed Mullen wrote:

On 9/5/2016 at 9:56 AM, Terry Pinnell's prodigious digits fired off:
Any users of the excellent IrfanView around? If so, can you reproduce
this...
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 16, 02:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
IrfanView resizing quirk

I'm using IrfanView (Version 4.42 - 64 bit) on this i7 PC running
Windows 10 to resize an image window. As soon as I start dragging an
edge, the image jumps to the centre of the screen, leaving the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 2nd 16, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Irfanview EXIF time from iPhone photos?

Using (excellent) Irfanview I'm looking at photos I've taken with my
iPhone 6S+ recently. In the EXIF Info window I see the 'Date
TimeOriginal' and 'Date TimeDigitized' are identical as usual and...
Forum: Digital Photography April 13th 16, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 183
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
iPad Problems 2

Eric Stevens wrote:

The tick boxes along side these items are all grayed out
which, if I have understood nospam correctly, means that they are
already on the iPad.

I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61