Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.64 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Photo Critic
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 21st 07, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 31
Posted By Photo Critic
The 300dpi Myth Exploded !

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

For a print that size, you could print it at 100 dpi and at a normal
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 21st 07, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 31
Posted By Photo Critic
The 300dpi Myth Exploded !

"Scott W" wrote in message
On Apr 20, 2:18 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
On Apr 20, 8:00 pm, Mike...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 20th 07, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 62
Posted By Photo Critic
Do we really need "look at my pictures" updates here?

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
I don't believe such activity belongs here, and while I think an
occasional, look at this...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 20th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Photo Critic
Welcome Back, D-Mac !!!

"Draco" wrote in message

No such island . There is a Upolu island in the western Somoa group.
..
The...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 20th 07, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Photo Critic
Welcome Back, D-Mac !!!

Annika1980 wrote:
Or "Photo Critic" or whatever you're calling yourself this week.

Well, well, well. After flushing the toilet on you, I got a better
newsreader to stop the scum getting...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 19th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 31
Posted By Photo Critic
The 300dpi Myth Exploded !

"Max Perl" wrote in message
You did not "oversample" to reach 300 dpi to avoid visible pixels if you
look close...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 19th 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Photo Critic
A DAY AT THE RACES WITH THE 20D !

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On Apr 18, 6:20 pm, "Photo Critic"
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 19th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Photo Critic
New photo file format

"Starlord" wrote in message
The only reason I now use this machine is yahoogroups and some other
places...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 19th 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Photo Critic
A DAY AT THE RACES WITH THE 20D !

wrote in message

Julian, I have apologized numerous times for suggesting such a
Mandate. But you...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 18th 07, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Photo Critic
New photo file format

"Starlord" wrote in message
just more $$$ for the pocket of Bill Gates.

Your refreshing new look at...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 18th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Photo Critic
Definition of a photograph (photo)

There seems to be a little confusion in the minds of some as to what a
photograph (photo)actually is and where the use of Photoshop can result in
an end product that is not a photograph even though...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 18th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Photo Critic
A DAY AT THE RACES WITH THE 20D !

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On Apr 17, 4:33 pm, Draco wrote:

Annika,
Sorry to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 18th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Photo Critic
A DAY AT THE RACES WITH THE 20D !

"Draco" wrote in message

So Julian, That is my two cents worth. Take it, leave it, what ever is
your choice....
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 18th 07, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Photo Critic
New photo file format

Microsoft have developed a 'replacement' format for JPEG.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/downloads/hdphoto.mspx

Julian
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 18th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 44
Posted By Photo Critic
Help if you can

"Skip" wrote in message
"Mike T" wrote in message
So what s...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 18th 07, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 11
Posted By Photo Critic
Preserving photos in picture frames - question

"Mike S." wrote in message
I read several years ago that some of the protective sleeves used in
photo...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 18th 07, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Photo Critic
A DAY AT THE RACES WITH THE 20D !

"Mark˛" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message

mine.

I suggest you do just that, and feel free to include me as well.

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 18th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By Photo Critic
The kooks have nearly won.

Thanks to Lionel Lauer -An Australian Network administrator. Who first cross
posted a reply to a message in this group to alt.kooks and started the
plethora of rubbish clogging the group, he has...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 17th 07, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 23
Posted By Photo Critic
teleconverter tests

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
70-200/3.8
300/2.8
TC-14E
TC20-E II

Stacking Teleconverters is fraught with...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 17th 07, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Photo Critic
A DAY AT THE RACES WITH THE 20D !

"Draco" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 5:23 pm, "Photo Critic"
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 17th 07, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Photo Critic
EOS 5 problems

"TheDave©" wrote in message
Photo Critic wrote:
My EOS 5 has suddenly stopped allowing use of the command dial on the
back and none...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 17th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Photo Critic
EOS 5 problems

My EOS 5 has suddenly stopped allowing use of the command dial on the back
and none of the buttons on the back now work. I can still use it via other
controls but it's just plain inconvienient that...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 16th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Photo Critic
A DAY AT THE RACES WITH THE 20D !

"Matthew Winn" wrote in message
On 15 Apr 2007 16:26:59 -0700, "Annika1980"
wrote:

On Apr 15,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 16th 07, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

--
"A picture might speak a thousand words
but what good is this to a person who will not listen"?

wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 15th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Photo Critic
Pentax K10D daylight image noise test

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
Hi Pete,

I think you are missing the point a bit, these are explicitly image...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28