Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Toby[_2_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 15th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Toby[_2_]
PB-4 / PB-5 nikon bellows mounted to Nikon digital cameras. (Last time on the subject, honest.)

The old Oly macros have RMS mounts--the same as microscope objectives. I
searched and found some RMS to Nikon adapters, but there were quite
expensive. Luckily the two lenses came in plastic cases...
Forum: Digital Photography July 15th 07, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Toby[_2_]
fisheyes for nikon d40

Nikon makes their 10.5mm full frame DX fisheye, and Tokina makes an 11-17
(IIRC) zoom that is full frame fisheye at the wide end.

Toby

"motomikef" u35666@uwe wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 7th 07, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Toby[_2_]
Maximum Data Transfer rate Nikon D200 & CF card?

FWIW I just purchased an AData 266x that is no faster than the AData 120x
card in terms of emptying the buffer of my D200, nor does it seem any faster
in data transfer via USB 2.0 between card and...
Forum: Digital Photography July 7th 07, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Toby[_2_]
50mm, f/1.2 vs f/1.4

Photodo gives the 1.4 a very high MTF rating. It is hard to imagine that the
1.2 would do better. The 1.0 is significantly lower in MTF score, for
instance. I think it would be extremely stupid to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 07, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 33
Posted By Toby[_2_]
Why not do moire filtration in post-process?

I suppose that you don't want to force users to post-process images.

Toby

"Rich" wrote in message
Is it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 9th 07, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 43
Posted By Toby[_2_]
T mount lenses

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
John Bean wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:10:19 -0700, Paul Furman
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 31st 07, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Toby[_2_]
Manfrotto/Bogen = near junk

I have both Velbon and Slik carbon fiber pods, and they are quite nice,
thank you.

Toby

"RichA" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography May 15th 07, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Toby[_2_]
How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

I have heard talk about 10 years for flash memory to retain data.

Toby
wrote in message
How long will photos stay on...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 23rd 07, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Toby[_2_]
question on filters ...

"John Sheehy" wrote in message
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 23rd 07, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Toby[_2_]
question on filters ...

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Giovanni Azua wrote:
Hi all,

I have a D200 and several lenses:

-...
Forum: Digital Photography March 23rd 07, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Toby[_2_]
DSLR Mirror

Front-surface mirrors such as the main one in an SLR are delicate, but if
necessary one can clean them carefully with cotton swab or lens tissue to
remove stubborn grime that won't blow off....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 20th 07, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Toby[_2_]
recommended polarizer for 17-40L?

"DJB" wrote in message
Spring is fast approaching, and I'm planning on doing some landscape
photography in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 20th 07, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Toby[_2_]
D200 & TC201

"Jon Nadelberg" wrote in message
Jon Nadelberg wrote:
frederick wrote:
Jon Nadelberg wrote:
I've got a d200, and I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 19th 07, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By Toby[_2_]
Check out the comments on dust from this poster

"RichA" wrote in message
On Mar 18, 4:58 am, "Pete D" wrote:
Ha ha, so this guy that has...
Forum: Digital Photography March 19th 07, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Toby[_2_]
Is this possible?

"Ockham's Razor" wrote in message
I have been considering a Nikon extender. Got to thinking, would it be
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 17th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Toby[_2_]
Fuji S5. Noisy and soft?

There are some reviews in Japan. Both noise levels and color fidelity at
high ISOs are better than the D200. It is also sharper, and the dynamic
range boost really seems to work, judging by the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 5th 07, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Toby[_2_]
Nikon N100

"joe mama" wrote in message