Showing results 1 to 25 of 93
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael Meissner
Forum: Digital Photography February 13th 08, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Michael Meissner
Small Light Camera that shoots RAW

Poppy writes:

I currently have a Panasonic DMC-FZ7 but I would really like a nice
compact lightweight camera that shoots RAW

Any recommendations?

All price ranges,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 17th 08, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael Meissner
Card Reader

"Jay" writes:

I don't know if it's called a "Card Reader" or not but I saw a device where
I can put my card from the camera in this device and store all images on the
device,...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 08, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael Meissner
How often do new cameras come out

On 2008-01-07 08:28:38 -0800, ray said:

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:28:44 +0000, Ken wrote:

Wondering whether to take...
Forum: Digital Photography January 10th 08, 04:51 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 29
Posted By Michael Meissner
Solution for expensive mem cards...

Scott W writes:

On Jan 9, 10:20Â*am, Jürgen Exner wrote:
"Pete D" wrote:
Thats about the stupidist comarison I have ever...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 10th 08, 04:51 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Pete D" wrote:
Thats about the stupidist comarison I have ever...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 08, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Michael Meissner
Advice on peripherals

"John E" writes:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have considered that, but I'm mostly interested
in nature photography in situ. It is my understanding that a ringflash is
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael Meissner
What brands have flip-out rotatable LCDs?

"Ed Mullikin" writes:

I like that feature. It is sometimes necessary for me to take photos with the
camera elevated slightly and it is a big help in candid shots. I had
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 07, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 126
Posted By Michael Meissner
Opinions on P&S

Matt Ion writes:

So the wife wants a nice little compact P&S... she's pretty much narrowed her
choices down to the Canon SD1000 or the Sony DSCT70. Both are similar...
Forum: Digital Photography December 23rd 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Michael Meissner
CPUs in Digital Cameras?

Allen writes:

It would be my guess that practically all of the digital cameras on the
market use one of perhaps two or three, made by a third-party
ompany. Processor design...
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 07, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 38
Posted By Michael Meissner
How do you store your memory cards?

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes writes:

Jer wrote:

HEMI-Powered wrote:
I tried that and pocket lint gets jammed into the teeny holes. I'd
rather not crank...
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 07, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 173
Posted By Michael Meissner
Reluctant Wedding Photographer

"Mr. Strat" writes:

In article , Juan Moore Beer
wrote:

You got a problem with that?

I've got a...
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 07, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael Meissner
Olympus SP-350 costs more than successor model

Charles Packer writes:

On Nov 3, 10:12 am, Michael Meissner
wrote:
It is the law of supply and demand. I would imagine being one of the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 242
Posted By Michael Meissner
Decent alternative to dslr?

Doug McDonald writes:

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Doug McDonald says...

What about macro range?
Compact cameras...
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 299
Posted By Michael Meissner
Decent alternative to dslr?

Doug McDonald writes:

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Doug McDonald says...

What about macro range?
Compact cameras...
Forum: Digital Photography November 3rd 07, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael Meissner
Olympus SP-350 costs more than successor model

Charles Packer writes:

It seems odd that the Olympus SP-350,
which cost me $249 last year is being
offered new on a "Buy it now" basis on
EBay for $330. Why so high?...
Forum: Digital Photography September 29th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Michael Meissner
Linux software for making collations?

Ignoramus18262 writes:

I would like to print photos, four on each page. That is, each page
would have four photos that I could cut with scissors into four
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 07, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Michael Meissner
what is the best camera

"peter" writes:

"tgcans1a2007" wrote in message
What is the best camera for a...
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 07, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael Meissner
I want to scan all my paper photos

writes:

I do have a scanner, but I also remember the pain in the butt of
scanning photos during the transition time when the Net was there but
digital cameras weren't...
Forum: Digital Photography August 30th 07, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael Meissner
Printing photos on Linux

Ignoramus31174 writes:

So, I am getting a decent Epson photo printer that I mentioned
Earlier.

My question is, what programs to use to print photos...
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 07, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael Meissner
advice for online prints

"dwolf" writes:

All of my wedding shots were shot digital...
Normally I just go to Walmart, which uses the Fugi machines, the same exact
machines a descent photo lab...
Forum: Digital Photography July 9th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael Meissner
digital camera control

writes:

I am trying to design a robotic page turning machine and I would like
the ability to take pictures of every page that is turned with a
digital camera. Is...
Forum: Digital Photography July 7th 07, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael Meissner
Olympus E500 - How to show date on photos

writes:

Can I take pictures with date showing on them with Olympus E500 SLR
camera?

I can't find that facility. Please let me know if it can be done.

The E-500 does not...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 07, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Michael Meissner
Digital print lab

" writes:

What online digital print vendor(s) do you use? I am building up a
library of jpgs and I need to get some of them...
Forum: Digital Photography July 4th 07, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Michael Meissner
Remote shoot

Jim Carter writes:

I am looking for a camera that allows me to trip the shutter
remotely. Also allows me to see through the lens to the remote
laptop. Does such a camera...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 07, 03:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 134
Posted By Michael Meissner
Consumer Reports rated digital photo editors including freeware

Feranija feranija@net... writes:

GPL basically falls down to...
software (source code and/or binaries) under General Public License
is/are free to modify, re-distribute, and free of charge...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 93