Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jackson Bryan
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Nikon D80 owners?

I can't seem to get the Func button assigned to turning on the framing grid.
In menu, I go to func and set framing grid to OK but when I back out of the
menu
and press the func button there's no...
Forum: Digital Photography July 24th 07, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Focal length...in plain language?

Anyone able to explain focal length in plain language?

JB
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 07, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Optics

Are the lenses always fundamentally of better quality in a Canon or Nikon
dlsr than in a same brands bridge or compact camera?
I have in mind the Canon 400d/Nikon d40 compared lens-wise to say a...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 07, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Jackson Bryan
SLR's viewfinder question

I know zero about dslr's but have recently been looking at the Nikon d40 and
Canon 400d.

When I look through the viewfinders on these two cameras I see a blurry
image which I cannot correct with...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Dust on the Sensor

Just how regular a problem is this sensor dust?

JB

"David J. Littleboy" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Dpreviews/Apparent contradictions

Regarding the Canon Eos 400d, dpreview say......

a.. Excellent resolution, lots of detail, not a leap from eight megapixels,
but certainly from six
a.. Good color with selectable PictureStyles for...
Forum: Digital Photography May 28th 07, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Digital prints at home are a PITA

"Charles" wrote in message
They are extremely time consuming and inordinately expensive.

My friends and family...
Forum: Digital Photography May 15th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Canon S5 IS or Sony H9?

Agonising over the Canons S3 IS, S5 IS or the Sony H9.

Any opinions welcome before I buy.

Amateur but fussy general use.

JB
Forum: Digital Photography May 11th 07, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Quick question

What on earth is the advantage of having a 30mb file...or 8mbs for that
matter....what will it be used for and what is the gain?

JB
wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography May 9th 07, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Canon S3 IS owners

Just how bad is the purple fringeing & CA issue.
Is it something you see a lot or just when pixel-gazing.

Any other issues that , had you known, would have put you off buying it.

JB
Forum: Digital Photography May 9th 07, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Jackson Bryan
What are the chances

If I buy a camera from Pixmania in France or B & H NYC what are the chances
I'll be hit for VAT and or import duty when the package arrives in Ireland?

JB
Forum: Digital Photography May 6th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Online foreign buyers, tax

I want to buy a camera from a company abroad such as Pixmania or B&H
but worry that on arrival I'll be hit for vat and customs import tax.

Anyone know the odds for or against the chances of being...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 07, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Posted By Jackson Bryan
can someone find me a Camera that has this demends ?

"Just D" wrote in message
"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
wrote:

1) 28MM lens . )start with this...
Forum: Digital Photography April 30th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Nikon D40 v Canon S3 IS

"Rich" wrote in message
On Apr 29, 3:44 am, "David J Taylor"...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Nikon D40 v Canon S3 IS

Many thanks for all your replies...gave food for thought.

JB

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Paris by night - France - Part 5

"Tony Gartshore" wrote in message
In article , cral.elllwood2
@btopenworld.com says...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Paris by night - France - Part 5

"Neil Ellwood" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:

Hi,

Nice pictures!!...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Jackson Bryan
$1000 choices

"Bill Funk" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 01:41:28 +0100, "Jackson Bryan"
wrote:

So you...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 07, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Jackson Bryan
Nikon D40 v Canon S3 IS

I know the Nikon D40 is an slr but having read the almost glowing dpreview
of
the Canon S3 IS point & shoot I have to wonder just why I'd bother with the
D40.

I've wracked my limited brains to...
Forum: Digital Photography April 27th 07, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Jackson Bryan
$1000 choices

So you have $1000 to blow today and you don't have to spend all of it if you
don't want to....what digital camera would you buy?

I don't care what it's to be used for, just what camera you fancy...
Forum: Digital Photography April 27th 07, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Jackson Bryan
18x optical

Are there any other 18x optical digital zoom cameras on the market other
than the Olympus SP550UZ?

JB
Forum: Digital Photography April 27th 07, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Jackson Bryan
DPREVIEW samples v reviews

Can you really get an accurate idea of what a camera can do from the samples
section on dpreview.
Sometimes it seems that a camera that is highly recommended in dpreview and
indeed elsewhere...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22