Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ali[_3_]
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 08, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Ali[_3_]
TROLL

Your post lacked detail. Therefore, my question was perfectly reasonable.

Your original post and response just shows how ignorant you really are.

wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 08, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Canon 30D flash

Why do you need to use flash? What are you shooting?

wrote in message
I'm still mystified by the built-in flash in the Canon...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 22nd 08, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Damned expensive Canon lenses.

I wonder what the effective focal length would be on a video camera?

"frederick" wrote in message
Jeesh - US$100k or so for a slow old f5.6...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 21st 08, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Organizing working images, archiving all images, what approach to take?

Each to their own. If people want to backup to DVD's, then that's their
choice. It's not a wrong decision.

To be honest, I don't really care what other people do, it's up to them.

"TH O"...
Forum: Digital Photography January 21st 08, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 63
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Leftover thriftiness from you film days?

Come on, everyone takes more photos with digital than they did with film.
Ansel Adams would too.

Of course, the time factor still exists for post processing and so it is
just as important to get...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 21st 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Organizing working images, archiving all images, what approach to take?

Ok, let's break it down:

There are a lot of large files to grapple with.
I want to keep all images 'forever'.
I need to find archived images.
I would like to view thumbnails of archived...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 21st 08, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Organizing working images, archiving all images, what approach to take?

Ok, let's break it down:

There are a lot of large files to grapple with.
I want to keep all images 'forever'.
I need to find archived images.
I would like to view thumbnails of archived...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 21st 08, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Organizing working images, archiving all images, what approach to take?

Exactly. Store your photos on either the C drive or a second internal hard
drive if you can. Then periodically back up to an external hard drive and
keep it off site.

"TH O"...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 20th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Organizing working images, archiving all images, what approach to take?

You own a 5D, so I would presume that you are no newbie to photography.
Maybe I am wrong, but generally I have found that this is the case with 5D
users. Of course, this is not always true.

You...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 08, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Organizing working images, archiving all images, what approach to take?

So, you are using a 5D. You are also a programmer who maybe able to write
something that could help?

I really don't think so. I apologies if I am being harsh.

"nano" wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 08, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Ali[_3_]
40D NOSE MACROS!

You been doing self portraits again Brett? ;-)

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 19th 08, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Ali[_3_]
40D NOSE MACROS!

You been doing self portraits again Brett? ;-)

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 16th 08, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 54
Posted By Ali[_3_]
What white balance method do you use?

Setting white balance for astrophotography is a good question. I have never
shot space, however personally, I would set the white balance to around
5200K, take a test shot and look at the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Recommend a book

No, this is also not a good guide for the OP. This is a good book, but not
for a newbie.

"Buy_Sell" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 10th 08, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Recommend a book

Bit full on for a newbie though.
http://tinyurl.com/3ddpzr

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Buy_Sell wrote:
The...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 54
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Backgrounds and color UPDATE

With the grey card you will be able to determine correct exposure and white
balance. If shot in RAW, it will give you plenty of flexibility.

"tony cooper" wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Yesterdays Task

Watching yesterdays task when Emily and Jeremy were flirting, for some
reason reminds me of the film 'The Hot Spot'. It is just me?
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 08, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 54
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Backgrounds and color

Well, they are actually. Basically, he was saying, don't trust the camera
settings, do it manually to achieve what you want. As these are static
objects, this is not a problem.

He could always...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 54
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Backgrounds and color

With you on that.

"Rudy Benner" wrote in message

Manual mode. Raw capture. Manual focus. Tripod. Manual white balance.
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 08, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Ali[_3_]
How often do new cameras come out

What are your 'needs'?

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message

Wondering whether to take the plunge or hang back for a month or two in
case...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 08, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Film scanners anyone?

I still use a film scanner. Put it on EBay, you maybe surprised.

"Ted Gibson" wrote in message
Does anyone use...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Filters

Third that. Although I do have a B+W filter on the 50 1.2 to seal the front
(as it's a silly design).

Don't bother with my other lenses, but that is just personal choice. I
probably would if I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 4th 08, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Now I'm confused again - 40D - D300

Because major manufacturers are sales and marketing driven maybe? Remember
what 'ISO' actually means.

BTW, I worry about noise, and I do understand.

"Wolfgang Weisselberg"...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 4th 08, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By Ali[_3_]
40D ISO Rating

Sorry, I lost this post, so haven't been reading/replying.

You are quite right, although I think that you meant the 30D, 20D or AD shot
would be ~1/3rd of a stop UNDER exposed, not over...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 08, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Ali[_3_]
Does anyone know how to kill-file messages that have ALL-CAPS subject lines, in Forte Agent?

DON'T KNOW, BUT MY BLOODY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON AGAIN!