Showing results 1 to 25 of 79
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Francis
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 31st 07, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By John Francis
Shots with a 31mm Limited Pentax lens

In article ,
Tony Polson wrote:

Sigma products are getting better. But there is always the
uncomfortable feeling that your existing...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 31st 07, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Tony Polson wrote:

Sigma products are getting better. But there is always the
uncomfortable feeling that your existing...
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 07, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27

Tony Polson wrote:

Sigma products are getting better. But there is always the
uncomfortable feeling that your existing...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By John Francis
Shots with a 31mm Limited Pentax lens

In article ,
Doug MacDonald wrote:

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 30th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Doug MacDonald wrote:

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 30th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Doug MacDonald wrote:

"Paul Mitchum" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 28th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 821
Posted By John Francis
Are IS lenses doomed ?

In article ,
Neil Harrington wrote:

You're saying that the English quart was always 40 ounces? That's a
surprise, if true. Our...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 20th 07, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By John Francis
New tool to view metadata from image files

In article ,
DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to John Francis :
In article ,
DoN. Nichols...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 07, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By John Francis
New tool to view metadata from image files

In article ,
DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to John Francis :
Ever since I got my *ist D I've been digging around inside the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By John Francis
New tool to view metadata from image files

In article ,
Barry Pearson wrote:
On Jan 18, 5:23 pm, (John Francis) wrote:
Ever since I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 18th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By John Francis
New tool to view metadata from image files

In article ,
Ken Lucke wrote:
In article , John Francis
wrote:

In article...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 18th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By John Francis
New tool to view metadata from image files

In article ,
Ken Lucke wrote:

Uhm, ever heard of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 18th 07, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By John Francis
New tool to view metadata from image files

Ever since I got my *ist D I've been digging around inside the image files
to try and understand just what is being stored there. I've decided it's
about time to share this information with a wider...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 13th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By John Francis
How do I reset the file number in a Pentax K10D?

In article ,
Stephan Hoffmann wrote:
Hi,

I recently bought a Pentax K10D. I could not find a way
to reset the file number. I reset...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 821
Posted By John Francis
Are IS lenses doomed ?

In article ,
Ståle Sannerud wrote:

I can't find the article but I remember reading about the comparison
between in-camera IS...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By John Francis
what pentax lens for indoor portrait?

In article ,
Jon B wrote:
map wrote:

Any of the old AF lenses should fit the K100D also,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By John Francis
Pentax K10D and Samsung GX-10

In article ,
Bob wrote:

These two cameras seem identical apart from the name plates

A little more than that - the GX-10 has some...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 9th 07, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By John Francis
Pentax 22-bit ADC - I think not -

In article ,
David J Taylor wrote:
Not Disclosed wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 23rd 06, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By John Francis
Where are Pentax DSLRs and Lenses Made?

Have you even *looked* at any recent Pentax equipment?
Both my DSLRs are clearly marked "Assembled in Philippines";
as I have both the oldest and newest models made by Pentax
it seems quite probable...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 16th 06, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By John Francis
Pentax K10D not so huge diff. between RAW and JPEG

You don't see any problems with the JPEG images by the time they've
been resized for the web - the only time the images look a little
soft is if you pixel-peep them at 100% crops. It's only an...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 15th 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By John Francis
Need advice on Pentax DSLR

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:52:17 -0700, "Marc Sabatella"
wrote:

The Pentax k110d didn't...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 15th 06, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By John Francis
Need advice on Pentax DSLR

In article ,
Marc Sabatella wrote:

And I believe that I can get metering through the old lenses also, is
that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 13th 06, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 91
Posted By John Francis
Archiving images

In article ,
Ken Lucke wrote:
In article , G.T.
wrote:

This is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 30th 06, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By John Francis
Pentax K10D and DNG/RAW issues

In article ,
Marc Sabatella wrote:
because there is still too much proprietary and/or
camera-specific stuff even in DNG to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 29th 06, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By John Francis
Pentax K10D and DNG/RAW issues

In article ,
Marc Sabatella wrote:
The documentation that came with my K10D said its DNG output could
only be read by...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 79