Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 2.76 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Sheehy
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 25th 11, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By John Sheehy
Does this photo look weird?

Joe Makowiec wrote in
:

I dunno. Given that today's dSLRs can take 5-10 frames per second, that
they can...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 11, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By John Sheehy
Diffraction limit for APS-C DLSRs

"Pete D" wrote in
:

So how many will I need to go from my 77mm down to my 49mm?

I have 58mm filters from when I used the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 10th 11, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By John Sheehy
Why did Fuji abandon the SuperCCD sensor?

Bruce wrote in
:

John Sheehy wrote:
Bruce wrote in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 11, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By John Sheehy
Why did Fuji abandon the SuperCCD sensor?

Bruce wrote in
:

[The D300 also offered excellent low noise performance that was (and
still is) the best of any APS-C...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 10, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By John Sheehy
What the future is going to bring

LOL! wrote in
:

Damn. Except for the backlit sensor or electron-multiplying sensors
(WTF?, hey ****wad, they ALL do that!

They...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 10, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By John Sheehy
Is the AA filter on the endangered list too?

RichA wrote in news:af3ea6dd-b7e2-430e-bd14-
:

On Mar 27, 5:38*am, Chris Malcolm wrote:

And given that...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 10, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By John Sheehy
Is the AA filter on the endangered list too?

nospam wrote in news:270320101900106899%
:

In article
,
RichA...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 10, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By John Sheehy
Is the AA filter on the endangered list too?

RichA wrote in news:21f2ae10-efbc-4b02-a0c7-
:

We've seen the before and after shots from cameras on the web. I
think it is a...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 10, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By John Sheehy
Is the AA filter on the endangered list too?

RichA wrote in
:

Maybe it's time for a sensor produced with random pixel sizes and
organizations? Be...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 10, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

Chris Malcolm wrote in
:

I said "clamping" rather than "clipping" but I may have used the wrong
term. What I meant was I thought...
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 10, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

Chris Malcolm wrote in
:

Doesn't Nikon black clamp its images? If so for a fair comparison the
Canon images should be manually black...
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 10, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

Martin Brown wrote in
:

If you can find one of these OOC JPEGs I would be interested to take a
look at it. My curiosity...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 13th 10, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

Martin Brown wrote in
:

If you can find one of these OOC JPEGs I would be interested to take a
look at it. My curiosity...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 12th 10, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

Martin Brown wrote in
:

Be interested to see an example of shadow banding at low ISO on the 7D
- a fragment at full...
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 10, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

Martin Brown wrote in
:

Be interested to see an example of shadow banding at low ISO on the 7D
- a fragment at full...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 12th 10, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By John Sheehy
Some signs of spring

"Peter" wrote in
:

John, if you really enjoy shooting small birds I highly recommend the
Elizabeth Morton...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 10, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

"MikeWhy" wrote in
:

"John Sheehy" wrote in message
Paul...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 10, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

(Ray Fischer) wrote in news:4b985b3a$0$1584
:

You are an idiot. Would you like to know why you're an idiot?

Because you think I'm an idiot, because...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 10, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

(Ray Fischer) wrote in
:

John Sheehy wrote:

It's the lower exposure, due to the
metering for the higher ISO...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 10, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

Paul Furman wrote in -
september.org:

Alpine sunset at dusk with beautiful bright sky and clouds:
(and almost all scenes with a sky or...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 10, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

"Neil Harrington" wrote in
:

Image noise increases at high ISO. At some point this may make the
picture unacceptably grainy,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 10, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

Paul Furman wrote in -
september.org:

Closest Nikon has is to underexpose then lift the shadows.

Well, Nikon has a number of cameras with very...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 10, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

DanP wrote in
:

You don't fool anyone.

Am I supposed to guess what that means?
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 10, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

(Ray Fischer) wrote in
:

Apparently you're not smart enough to realize that "amplify" and
"increase" are synonymous. But then...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 10, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 72
Posted By John Sheehy
How does ISO setting work?

(Ray Fischer) wrote in
:

NameHere wrote:

It doesn't increase noise per se, it only amplifies it

What a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125