Getting Cataract Operation

"Savageduck" wrote in message
news:201602201733154913-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom...
On 2016-02-21 01:18:29 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Forum: Digital Photography February 20th 16, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Getting Cataract Operation

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
Hey Savageduck - going to get measured on the 12th and operation on right
eye on 16th, then...
Forum: Digital Photography February 4th 16, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Gary Eickmeier

On 2016-02-04 04:13:07 +0000, "Gary Eickmeier"
Forum: Digital Photography February 4th 16, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Getting Cataract Operation

Hey Savageduck - going to get measured on the 12th and operation on right
eye on 16th, then other eye two weeks later. How'm I doing? Any problems or
regrets?

Thanks,

Gary Eickmeier
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 15, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 86
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Memory cards reliable enough?

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In the past it used to be so that you could not trust memory cards, so
you would...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 15, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Canon 50MP and Sony 42MP - who needs these cameras?

"Sandman" wrote in message

Well, there was a stream of MF shooters that flocked around the Nikon D800
when
it...
Forum: Digital Photography April 14th 15, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Eye Surgery

Thanks for all the input. My annual vision check is by an opthalmologist. He
always inspects the physical condition of everything, does the prescription
for glasses, advises on everything. I have...
Forum: Digital Photography April 13th 15, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Eye Surgery

Savage -

My Opto says mine aren't bad enough to get the insurance to pay for the
operation. I have cloudy, brownish darkish in my lenses, but I need to have
glaring rings around bright lights at...
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 13, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Petzval lens, new sample pictures

Sandman wrote:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomography-petzval-po
rtrait-lens/posts/587724?ref=activity

As expected, nice bokeh - but still not sharp enough. Pity.

I...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 13, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Canon 75MP DSLR and triple-layer full-colour sensor

Alfred Molon wrote:
http://www.photographybay.com/2013/07/21/canon-testing-a-75mp-pro-dslr/

The triple-layer (full-colour) sensor is based on speculation
generated by this patent:
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 13, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 87
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Oh my GOD!

RichA wrote:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomography-petzval-portrait-lens

Come on, fellers - they have only $866,724 pledged for their $100,000 goal.

Gary Eickmeier
Forum: Digital Photography July 14th 13, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
New phones

Tony Cooper wrote:

I doesn't make any difference. What makes a difference is the
perception of what it offers. There are people who will want it
because they think it will do something and...
Forum: Digital Photography July 14th 13, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
New phones

Tony Cooper wrote:
I just read an article about Nokia's Lumia 1020 smartphone with a
41-megapixel camera and settings to adjust white balance, shutter
speed, etc.

What is amusing to me is that...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 13, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
The new 70D

Robert Coe wrote:
Ahoy, Canonians!

Like a shot out of the dark comes the wholly unexpected (by me, at
least) 70D. More than 20 megapixels (although the fine print says
maybe more like 19)...
Forum: Digital Photography June 23rd 13, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Car Show - Florida style

peternew wrote:
On 6/23/2013 12:43 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
This is the time of year in Florida where we can expect heavy
rain every afternoon. It puts a damper on car shows like this
one...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 12, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
he histogram as the basis of automatic exposure.

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
Gary Eickmeier wrote:

But if what you say is true, that they do...
Forum: Digital Photography December 11th 12, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
he histogram as the basis of automatic exposure.

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message

My last three DSLRs all did histogram based autoexposure. I'd be
surprised if most reasonably...
Forum: Digital Photography December 11th 12, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
he histogram as the basis of automatic exposure.

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
That this is, or should be, done has been recently discussed. I though
about this...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 12, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 455
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

"Trevor" wrote in message

Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 12, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Trevor" wrote in message

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message

Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 12, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 455
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

"nick c" wrote in message

Why couldn't the old method of using a Styrofoam coffee cup over the front
of the lens be used as an...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 12, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 455
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

"Trevor" wrote in message

What makes you think the average will always be the "perfect exposure"?
(it won't be)
A person behind the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 12, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 455
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 15:20:52 +1100, "Trevor" wrote:

"Gary...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 7th 12, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Gary Eickmeier
Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 15:20:52 +1100, "Trevor" wrote:

"Gary...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125